What's new

INDIA- Strategic Command to acquire 40 nuclear capable fighters

this is what Col. Ajai Shukla has to say

A copy of a report filed by a PTI correspondent today is affixed below. I think it's a load of hogwash, for the following reasons amongst others:

(a) There is no need to "acquire" 40 nuclear capable fighters. India already has several types that are more than capable of undertaking this role.

(b) Secrecy and surprise would dictate "hiding" an aircraft-borne nuclear capability within the IAF's many bases and aircraft... not handing over this job to an identifiable, and therefore targetable, two squadrons located at bases which would be known.

(c) I would be really surprised if an MoD official leaked this information to a PTI correspondent!

Please have a look here:

Indian Strategic Forces Command (SFC) nuclear strike fighter race- Top contenders?

• [*]PAK-DA
    [*]Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit
  • Su-30MKI
  • Tu-160 Blackjack
  • Dassault Mirage 2000N/2000D
  • Su 34
  • Rafale

bro the bold ones are quite impossible.....PAK-DA not yet developed perhaps in the future though we need an elaborate contractual agreement for that.....

B2 spirit...no american administration would be willing to part with sensitive technology of that magnitude .....that too to an untried and untested ally ( one bad effect of our otherwise robust foriegn policy)
....even with an extensive end user agreement......

Only trusted friends in regards to nuclear co operation are Russian and france , others will not support fully in this particular issue . Countries with s-400 sam , which can hit fighters and missile in range of 400 kms , even our su30 mki is not advisable to enter directly , for this particularly india need tu-160 atleast to destroy these sam sites .

159430930.jpg

@benny
Sorry for being off topic but how can Tu-160 black jack evade sams like S400,while su30 cant?

How much one Tu-160 costs..? Any idea..?

BTW if procured it sure will be a great addition to India's capability.

Tu-160 wont be selected here as the requirement is for 40+ and that much number is not required for even a world war.
Su-34 is better option as it shares lots of components and spares with Su-30MKI which HAL manufactures meaning less logistics and lesser costs.

TU 160 are good , but if the plan is to acquire 40 dedicated bombers then it would be too many...in that case the second line of attack will be of less worth, reducing the surprise element. In that case MKI or the SU 34..or even the mirages seem good.

32 Mirage2000-9 were on sale from UAE.. any update??

Too big radar cross section for bombers!
Why not acquire missiles instead of deep penetration aircraft ? I am a bit confused here!

We don't have to acquire such missiles as we are self sufficient on that part but if you talk about inter Continental capability then yes we are still few years behind achieving that... Where is the need for a stretagic bomber here, i don't understand.. We are not covering any other nation, we are not intruding any nation's airspace, we are not in dire need of second strike capability, we are well and good with most of these, we just need the right stuff and that's the missile doctrine and a fighter bomber aircraft need which, I believe MKI is sufficing well... We just need that in more numbers.. there is no need to opt for TU 160 or B2 as B2 is way too out of our budget as a single B@ costs around $737 million that too in 1997 and our defence budget for the coming year itself is around 14-15 Billion USD... We need to focus more on developing what we already are upto instead of relying on what others are offering... LCA was a successfull breakthrough and I hope MCA will... Still if that's what the command decides then we can't do anything but just hope for the best deal only if it's not political..... Chow!!!!

Back
Top Bottom