What's new

India selling weapons to the Syrian rebels?

It is not INSAS as rightly pointed by @acetophenol .....Why would india support rebels? that too by supplying arms??????

Last edited by a moderator:
@Yzd Khalifa Maybe we should just own up and send a joint Saudi-Indian task force into Syria. How long do you wager the hezbos will last then?:rofl:

@Yzd Khalifa Maybe we should just own up and send a joint Saudi-Indian task force into Syria. How long do you wager the hezbos will last then?:rofl:

With the new equipments the RSF got in hand as well as India's tigerish claws :woot: I don't think Mr. Naser will live for another 3rd Lebanon war :rofl:

Just send the MiG29s and the Su30s, and I will get the Typhoons and the Tornados ready :police:

:disagree:

It is a proxy war between Saudi/US and Iran/Hezbo.

We should not get involved in that quagmire.

Well,

The Indians are very influential on Russia.

Plus, we need to remove Hezbollah for good :rofl:

With the new equipments the RSF got in hand as well as India's tigerish claws :woot: I don't think Mr. Naser will live for another 3rd Lebanon war :rofl:

Just send the MiG29s and the Su30s, and I will get the Typhoons and the Tornados ready :police:

Well,

We have good relation but not that much of a influence on Russia. Even though relations having a very good history, we are only dealing in weapons with them these days. We have more influence over US than Russia (Due to china factor).

Any way no one is going to listen to us so it is better to keep shut.

For Hizbullah, you people would need to consolidate your positions. They have no experience in attacking entrenched or mobile enemies. Currently rebels have a very precarious position on ground and only outside help could save them.

May be an imitated INSAS. Russian soldiers have seized INSAS from Chchen rebels according to this link
eb61d4af152_306x232.jpg

And check this
Saudi intelligence has information that up to 6 thousand volunteers from abroad are fighting on the side of the Syrian opposition. According to an AFP source in Riyadh, in these brigades, under the flag of Al-Qaeda, are citizens of Algeria, Egypt, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, and also Chechyna

Well,

Your Euros will be enough. Asad's palace will go BOOM!

But the hezbos will melt away..as always to strike again.

That's the point people are not getting. If there are AQ elements among the rebels, they can be handled once Asad is handled..the hezbos on the other hand are a whole different beast..not a regular army but they have the discipline and they will try to make a stand..they are the greater threat and need to be dealt with.

It gets very difficult for people like us enunciate that we have no issue whatsoever with Iran and Iranians..rather only with the Ayatollah's policies.

The ME is supposed to be in balance. What others call stooge behavior I view as smart diplomacy..the Arab nations have shown great skill at rolling with the US and still maintaining their sovereignty AND their freedom..how many nations can do that..even we have to push to do the same. All of us have dealt with that hyper-power and come out the better and in one piece.. something people don't appreciate. Friendship only goes that far..if any of us were weak then the US would run over us..not because they are evil but nations have a primary interest in their own rule and prosperity..nothing evil about that..that's just the equation. I'd like to see other nations try their hand at it..see what happens when you have to try to be the voice of reason among so many conflicting interests in the ME..lets see how may nations can match KSA at that.:rofl:

Every time you try to put forth a rational opinion its back to being labeled a zionist stooge or an American stooge. Damn it! No one here is saying that America is always right, no one's saying that Iran needs to be demolished AND no one's saying that the Palestinian state should not be created and set on a path of peace with Israel on an equal footing and prosperity. But the other camp just thinks that sovereignty means the freedom to go bomb whatever they want to bomb!

We have good relation but not that much of a influence on Russia. Even though relations having a very good history, we are only dealing in weapons with them these days. We have more influence over US than Russia (Due to china factor).

Any way no one is going to listen to us so it is better to keep shut.

For Hizbullah, you people would need to consolidate your positions. They have no experience in attacking entrenched or mobile enemies. Currently rebels have a very precarious position on ground and only outside help could save them.

Virtually, India enjoys good relations with all nations on the planet. I'm positively sure that India's relation with BRICS - including Russia - is way stronger than the US.

However, I believe that the Indo-American relations have been developing dramatically over the last two decades. Yes, due to the technological advancement India has accomplished in IT industry, the West became relatively reliant on India.

Hezbollah's gorilla warfare tactics puts them at disadvantages against the FSA in terms of encirclement and mobility. Let just hope that Hezbollah will retreat from Syria to where they belong prior to the crisis.

Virtually, India enjoys good relations with all nations on the planet. I'm positively sure that India's relation with BRICS - including Russia - is way stronger than the US.

However, I believe that the Indo-American relations have been developing dramatically over the last two decades. Yes, due to the technological advancement India has accomplished in IT industry, the West became relatively reliant on India.

Hezbollah's gorilla warfare tactics puts them at disadvantages against the FSA in terms of encirclement and mobility. Let just hope that Hezbollah will retreat from Syria to where they belong prior to the crisis.

Good relation and influence are two different things. Influence is a function of dependency while good relations are function of Intent.

Russia is not dependent on us except for selling weapons, due to low trade volume hence we could not influence them on Syria issue in any way. Neither is it so important for us that we would use whatever influence we have for Syrian issue. Influence is a limited commodity.:agree:

US need us today as a balance against China.

Regarding Hezbo, Mobile warfare has been a bane of all militias and armies operating in ME. No one in your region has developed operational procedures to deployed massed Armor.

This is the reason that FSA is still standing firm even after Assad having an Advantage in Armor and Air power.

If They want to defeat Assad and Hezbo, they need to develop leadership capabilities to flank and trap Assad's army.They should learn tactics by studying Israel war doctrines.Israel won 1967 war even after being at much greater disadvantage vis-a-vis Arab armies than rebel are wrt to SAA today.

Also only practical hope of rebels to win in syria is if you people supply good quality ATGM's and SAM's.No one would let these weapons reach rebels unless FSA get rid of AL-Nusra.

Assad today has control of major strategic regions in syria. Even Hama is isolated. Without outside help, defeat of rebels is certain.

It is recorded that India indirectly sold weapons to ISI which they knew were going to be used against the USSR [Their allies] during the Afghan Jehad. This is the Indian INSAS rifle in the hands of a Syrian rebel. Is India selling weapons to the Syrian rebels,or is it some other weapon?

syria-2_2214590b.jpg

Indian INSAS

images

Don't give sh!t without proof.

Check carefully, the leading arm of Indian made gun and the ones in the hand of Syrian rebels are different, the gun in the hand of rebels are more like the ones used by Pakistan Army.

Your Euros will be enough. Asad's palace will go BOOM!

But the hezbos will melt away..as always to strike again.

That's the point people are not getting. If there are AQ elements among the rebels, they can be handled once Asad is handled..the hezbos on the other hand are a whole different beast..not a regular army but they have the discipline and they will try to make a stand..they are the greater threat and need to be dealt with.

It gets very difficult for people like us enunciate that we have no issue whatsoever with Iran and Iranians..rather only with the Ayatollah's policies.

All of us have dealt with that hyper-power and come out the better and in one piece.. something people don't appreciate. Friendship only goes that far..if any of us were weak then the US would run over us..not because they are evil but nations have a primary interest in their own rule and prosperity..nothing evil about that..that's just the equation. I'd like to see other nations try their hand at it..see what happens when you have to try to be the voice of reason among so many conflicting interests in the ME..lets see how may nations can match KSA at that.:rofl:

Personally, Hezbollah is no different than any radical/extremist violent group like Al-Qaida or The Taliban - For the time being - and must be dealt with full-force retaliation.

What is more difficult to be dealt with for KSA is the militia wing of Hamas, the former proxy of Iran to forge a Palestinian political unity or pressuring them not to do this and that.

The post-Assad Syria won't cooperate with Hezbollah whatsoever. I don't think that the Syrian people will forget what Hezbollah has done to them over the last 2 years and something, won't they? Nasserallah will be high and dry.

The other radical elements such as Al-Qaida or Al-Nusrah won't pose a greater a threat to the Syrian society than Hezbollah. As such, eradicating such elements won't take too long and Syria will be better off Hezbollah and their mutual extremists foes. Another figure to add up to the equations is that Hezbollah will never consume its own arsenal for the sake of Assad, but will save it to the black day in which Israel/The US conduct an Airstrike on the Iranian nuclear infrastructure. I'm still surprised and often ask myself this question " For how long are they going to fight in Syria? "

The ME is supposed to be in balance. What others call stooge behavior I view as smart diplomacy..the Arab nations have shown great skill at rolling with the US and still maintaining their sovereignty AND their freedom..how many nations can do that..even we have to push to do the same

Drafting an FP isn't really a piece of cake. We always hear the same tune over and over again, this kind of language always comes from unprofessional people and such regards are motivated by emotions than rationals and reasoning. Politics is called politics because countries will always make some concessions to compromise with your counterpart, for their own good.

Every time you try to put forth a rational opinion its back to being labeled a zionist stooge or an American stooge. Damn it! No one here is saying that America is always right, no one's saying that Iran needs to be demolished

Not at all, sometimes your interests, hopes, and visions could match other countries. For example, KSA was among the first countries to arm the Free Syrian Army, while the US waited for a year and half to take such a decision, but Israel, on the other hand, isn't on the same page as ours.

Speaking of Iran, clearly the Mullahs' regime is seeking its own interests, which didn't cope up with the Syrian aspirations, and that had led to develop a new wave of anti-Iranian sentiments in the Arab World and some part of the Muslim World as well. I couldn't believe that the Organization of Islamic Conference would condemn a member of its own, but it had sent a positive sign to hold those who crossed the line responsible for what they're doing, regardless of faith.

AND no one's saying that the Palestinian state should not be created and set on a path of peace with Israel on an equal footing and prosperity. But the other camp just thinks that sovereignty means the freedom to go bomb whatever they want to bomb.

Neither side is right. The Palestinians need a super urgent political reform to bring a governmental unity, and refrain from endorsing violence.

The Israelis must realize that building more settlements, refusing to withdraw from the occupied territories, and resorting to violence will complicate the situation further and further and will instigate the INTL community against the state of Israel.

@Yzd Khalifa

In America, there are members of Congress and some right wing political think tanks who see a (nonexistent) threat from China (various reasons they give is that China is communist, or they don't want to let out their true feelings - China is not white) and they want America to make massive concessions to Russia and ally with Russia to "contain" China (which has not made any move to invade America or Russia), the reason they give is that now that the Soviet Union is gone Russia is a "democratic" "western" (code word for white) country and it should join NATO. (Basically the only reason they were upset at the Soviet Union before was that it was "communist", not at anything the Soviets actually did. If the Soviet Union wasn't communist they would totally have supported its crimes in Afghanistan)

Among the things they want is for a total cutoff of aid to the Syrian rebels and allow Russia to keep Assad in power and allow Russia a free hand in the middle east. People like Representative Rohrabacher and Pat Buchanan think this way, and alot of Obama's advisors think this way. Thats why Obama did the whole "reset" of relations with Russia, granting them concessions on the missle shield and "pivot to asia" against China.

Obama still doesn't really want to support the Syrian rebels. But thankfully Senators John McCain, Menedez and others have been keeping up the pressure on his incompetent administration and standing up to the Russians. Obama's pivot and reset are unraveling before our eyes. :omghaha: If the Russian base in Tartus is gone, Russia will have suffered a massive blow in prestige and Obama's reset is going even further down the drain. A rebel victory in Syria will benefit everyone except Russia and the suckers like the obese Rohrabacher and other pro Russia, anti China politicians in America. It would wipe the smirks off their faces.

It is recorded that India indirectly sold weapons to ISI which they knew were going to be used against the USSR [Their allies] during the Afghan Jehad. This is the Indian INSAS rifle in the hands of a Syrian rebel. Is India selling weapons to the Syrian rebels,or is it some other weapon?

syria-2_2214590b.jpg

Indian INSAS

images

Looks more like a FN FAL rifle than insas(poor quality weapon .... hybrid of AK+G3+FN FAL)...........

FN FAL:

mskfme.jpg

Back
Top Bottom