What's new

India ready to build Laser Weapon Systems.

Let me guess........

1. How about high altitude aircrafts. Problem: You can not have 24 hour surveillance due to limitations of present generation aircrafts (limited fuel, limited altitude, limited flight time).

2. What about Satellites (Who knows which satellite is for civil use and which for military purpose and most importantly what instruments are hidden inside).

Yeah this is why I suggested putting mirrors in Low Orbit.

How could a laser intercept a missile from 2000 miles away? The Earth is curved while laser beams could only travel in straight lines. Are "Space mirrors" used to redirect the beam?

It is said to be in Boost Phase... which means destroying the missile before leaving the atmosphere... so 2000 km seems to be a logical distance...

As far as i know KAALI laser is not in a stage of acting as a weapon in the current stage. I don't think it can work as a weapon of any range right now.

First KALI is not a laser weapon.
Second I am not talking about KALI.

I am talking about this.....

LASER POWER

Non-Lethal systems:

-- Hand-held laser dazzler to disorient adversaries, without collateral damage. 50-metre range. Status: Ready.

-- Crowd-control dazzlers mounted on vehicles to dispel rioting mobs. 250-metre range. Status: take 2 years more.

-- Laser-based ordnance disposal system, which can be used to neutralise IEDs and other explosives from a distance. Status: trials begin in 18 months.

Lethal Systems:

-- Air defence dazzlers to take on enemy aircraft and helicopters. 10-km range. Status: take 2 years more.

-- 25-kilowatt laser systems to destroy missiles during their terminal phase. 5 to 7-km range. Status: take five years more.

-- At least 100-kilowatt solid-state laser systems, mounted on aircraft and ships, to destroy missiles in their boost phase itself. Status: will take a decade.

DRDO?s next: Star Wars-like weapons - The Times of India

didn't ur country have the most poor people of the world along with nukes and inter continental ballistic missiles.... keep your deep hatred aside.

My country is the wealthiest country in the world along with nukes and ICBMs. Yes. But I like Indians and enjoy Indian food. Eating with fingers is not as easy as it look but I learned it.Trust me, I want India to bring its poor out of poverty but wasting money on unsuccessful defense is not the way to do it. India should focus more on joint ventures because its not at the stage of develop weapons indigenously in an efficient way.

My country is the wealthiest country in the world along with nukes and ICBMs. Yes. But I like Indians and enjoy Indian food. Eating with fingers is not as easy as it look but I learned it.Trust me, I want India to bring its poor out of poverty but wasting money on unsuccessful defense is not the way to do it. India should focus more on joint ventures because its not at the stage of develop weapons indigenously in an efficient way.

There is no learning until one makes the step on his own. Sure, there are quick fixes but i believe the indians are right on attempting to develop their own tech. Wealthier nations such as the UAE, Saudi all have the tech but not the know how. They rely on foreign powers to help them figure out the technicalities. Self reliance is the key to success and and oh what sweet success would that be to savour. :)

Look I think India keeps defence as its no.1 prority as we face many threats (i am not implying china/ pakistan although we need to keep an eye on them) but terrorists. India is a victim to dozens of terrorists attacks and gov't has realised that after 28/11. I am all for more focus on infrastrucutre first. Better infrastructure ultimatley leads to a more developed state creating more revenue in which after the capital can be used to to help alleviate poverty directly or indirectly. Our defence is really not unsuccessful. Do not tell me arjun or lca took years to develop and failed. That is all just corrupt indian generals at work. BTW i have lived in taiwan for 4 years and i loved it!! love the food and the people!!

What happened to that KALI starwars thingy that they proudly announced was in the development?

so nice of u my friend well i know u being patriotic and all but he was talking about china in the 60's through 90's and and even in the past in the medieval ages china was like a cat on the wall where on one side there was prosperity and other side there was famine............. try not to argue with me plz check ur history and then if u realize it then it would be great else try the universal ultra sophisticated "wikipedia" on china ........
yes NOW china is rich no doubt about it but that doesn't mean that there is no poor and hungry in ur country if u say that there is no bigger fool than you (no offense).............. When china became a Permanent member of UNSC it was in a worst economic state than india in the 90's even we have nukes and missiles and ICBM but under development not "reversed engineered" with russian help and more over u had the luxury to buy top defense scientists from russia as soon as USSR collapsed since there was poverty and unemployment and u lured them into ur R&D so u had that advantage which india failed to capitalize............ but i like reverse engineering it is good............. its just me though................ and i do like chinies food specially MOMOS and i do not know how to eat in chop sticks cauz no one uses it here in india

Last edited:
Yup......no one believed me when i said ISRO has secret alien tech which it transfers to DRDO. Next we will be seeing indian made anti gravity weapon systems which can throw all chinese troops tinto a black hole.

Oh Really!! I thought they had already created a machine which can bring the dead back to life!!:rofl::lol::lol:

Well people used to laugh they a** out when it was said that they will make humans fly, or when they said the earth was round or when they said that sun is not the center of the galaxy. But hey all those were ignorants. Lets face it, it is NOT impossible and I definitely see wierder and wierder weapon systems coming in near future. Becasue they ahve made it all and they will make it all. We're human gor gods sake. And fortunatly we don't stop.

Good luck! see u after another 3-4 decades.

P.S=Did u get more info abt the alien tech being worked upon in DRDO labs?

Dude the LCA took you guys 30 years you think you can build a laser sci fi starwars startrek movie crap in just 10 to 15 years.

Appreciate the enthusiasm but dont you think its a little.....no way out of your league..!

tum abhi vi LCA ke piche pade ho?LCA chapter khatam ho gaya,abhi DRDO aur HAL ke engineers IOC certificate pa kar chain ki nind so rahe hain..:lol:

Back
Top Bottom