What's new

India Plans Ten C17 Aircraft Buy Despite Boeing Plant Closure

i love oranges. you can have more of them which can be dispersed evenly, as compared to apples, which are big and would need to be shared. but still some apples are needed as oranges cant do the job
But you need apples here:D

Indian just went mad i say plz feed ur poor people first and to pak also but ratio is higher in india and india wasting lot more money than pak we have less but u better support poor indian people 1st
If you don't have any thing to contribute to discussion, shut up @waz this poster is derailing thread, please take a note and ensure any one who do this, shall be punished be it an Indian or Pakistani

Just in case you missed it, I also said this....

I guess Boeing had sent repeated reminders to IAF and MoD officials but the legendary Indian Red tape and Bureaucracy could not judge urgent matter at hand, and take a call on pending request of Indian air force to pick up remaining 5 C-17s. Alas

Nothing to do with any other kind of judgment, no money meant all other judgments apart from financial were worthless.

382.jpeg

c-17-aircraft-10823-hd-wallpapers.jpg

images

C-17-c-141-rm.jpg

c17-globemaster-iii_2906344.jpg

22569-boeing-c-17-globemaster-iii-1366x768-aircraft-wallpaper.jpg

I love those gentle giants... We should get more and propose/explore a serious scope under MII for a big extensive order...

Indian just went mad i say plz feed ur poor people first and to pak also but ratio is higher in india and india wasting lot more money than pak we have less but u better support poor indian people 1st
YOu do realise everything you have just said reflects worse on your own nation than India.

The FACTS:

1) India's defence budget as a proportion of GDP is 1.78% as compared to Pakista's that is 3-4%
2) Of the national budget the defence budget occupies but 10-13%, of Pakistan's national budget the military consumes >25% of your national budget
3) India spends FAR more (both in real terms and as a percentage of its GDP) on healthcare, education and poverty alieviation. India and China are the ONLY two nations to have met their UN MDGs on poverty reduction- in the same time poverty in Pakistan has INCREASED. Every year India is pulling >10,000,000 people out of poverty.
4) Pakistan is the only nation I can think of who has seen an increase in illiteracy as its GDP has grown.

People in glass houses.......

The true answer is MTA IN NUMBERS . f or get about c17s. MTA is the solution.
The MTA itself is a non-starter, look at the MTA related threads featured in the last few days to get an idea of what I am talking about.

As per my understanding, there are currently no C-17 in mothball (inactive reserve), all C-17 are in active service, either with Regular AMC unit, or with Active Reserve, or ANG with association to AMC airwings.

Of course, plane can still be transfer during active duty, but chances are quite slim
There are a number of SQNs worth of USAF C-17s in backup and reserve inventory for the USAF who no longer receive funding for personnel and flying hours but continue to get necessary resources to support weapon system sustainment.

There are a number of SQNs worth of USAF C-17s in backup and reserve inventory for the USAF who no longer receive funding for personnel and flying hours but continue to get necessary resources to support weapon system sustainment.

I guess you are talking about 10th and 17th Squadron inactivation.

Those 16 (8 from 10th another 8 from 17th) are putting in backup from AMC in order to transfer to ANG and reserve component. They are by no mean put into inactive reserve (aka put in David-Monthan AFB).

Those aircraft have funding to keep their sustainability, in order for them to transfer to new reserve/ANG unit, probably will transfer to Reserve unit that's currently flying C-130 or even C-5.

Two C-17 squadrons to shut down

Eventually, however, the Air Force plans to transfer the aircraft to the reserve component.

"In this fiscally constrained environment, we have to balance readiness, capability and capacity," Major Gen. Michael Stough, director of AMC strategic plans, requirements and programs, said in the release.

"To best preserve this capability, the intent is to fund these aircraft back into primary mission aircraft inventory in future years, and transfer them to the Reserve Component — we're working with our Air National Guard partners to do that, perhaps even as early as" fiscal 2016, Stough said. "We rely on our total force partners to meet our global requirements; we couldn't do the mission without them. We'll continue to leverage the unique strengths of the active and Reserve components to meet current and future requirements with available resources."

I guess you are talking about 10th and 17th Squadron inactivation.

Those 16 (8 from 10th another 8 from 17th) are putting in backup from AMC in order to transfer to ANG and reserve component. They are by no mean put into inactive reserve (aka put in David-Monthan AFB).

Those aircraft have funding to keep their sustainability, in order for them to transfer to new reserve/ANG unit, probably will transfer to Reserve unit that's currently flying C-130 or even C-5.

Two C-17 squadrons to shut down
I shall defer to your superior knowledge @jhungary

In that case, it makes the IAF's/MoD's comments that much more curious. The sole option left for the IAF then, if it is serious about a further 10 C-17s, is to dip into the USAF's active fleet which is hardly the most attractive option. Other than that it would be the crazy option of moving the C-17 production line to India ;)

@PARIKRAMA

In that case, it makes the IAF's/MoD's comments that much more curious. The sole option left for the IAF then, if it is serious about a further 10 C-17s, is to dip into the USAF's active fleet which is hardly the most attractive option. Other than that it would be the crazy option of moving the C-17 production line to India ;)

@PARIKRAMA

I think Donald Trump would get that done for us.. (if not Obama) ;););)

@jhungary : Sir, wish to see you more in Indian section.. Your inputs can help us have good insights and discussion.

The MTA itself is a non-starter, look at the MTA related threads featured in the last few days to get an idea of what I am talking about..

Bro I know, MTA IT'S UR biggest dissapointment, but let's wait till December or first quater of next year to get a good idea of direction on this matter.

MTA is extremely important for India. I understand ur frustration. It's taking way too long to make decisions.

Of the national budget the defence budget occupies but 10-13%, of Pakistan's national budget the military consumes >25% of your national budget

Indian defense budget is only 6.5% of our combined central-state budget expenditure.

@PARIKRAMA

Well, It's not my superior knowledge, I am just saying what the press told me :)

It's possible for IAF to dip into USAF active inventory too. Although the chance are not that great. It would take more than 10 C-17 to transfer the Production Line from Long Beach to India I supposed, otherwise it does not quite make sense to move the whole production line to India just for 10 C-17, the line itself cost around 5 to 6 billions. Although I don't think it's possible for Boeing to Transfer the production line at this stage.

However, the production line is owned by Boeing not the USAF, so maybe if India want to put enough order they can reopen the line to fill the quota, but I would imagine the number will not be 10, more like 30-50...(Which will cost India about $20-36 billions)

I think Donald Trump would get that done for us.. (if not Obama) ;););)

@jhungary : Sir, wish to see you more in Indian section.. Your inputs can help us have good insights and discussion.

lol, thanks, I do tried to come by Indian Section from time to time, but I mostly know American stuff and a lot of what Indian use are Russian, I don't know if I could be of help in all these issue :)

Well, It's not my superior knowledge, I am just saying what the press told me :)

It's possible for IAF to dip into USAF active inventory too. Although the chance are not that great. It would take more than 10 C-17 to transfer the Production Line from Long Beach to India I supposed, otherwise it does not quite make sense to move the whole production line to India just for 10 C-17, the line itself cost around 5 to 6 billions. Although I don't think it's possible for Boeing to Transfer the production line at this stage.

However, the production line is owned by Boeing not the USAF, so maybe if India want to put enough order they can reopen the line to fill the quota, but I would imagine the number will not be 10, more like 30-50...(Which will cost India about $20-36 billions)
Naturally, for the shifting of the production line to India to make economic sense the IAF would have to commit to a lot more than just 10 units.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom