What's new

India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin: source

also thank america to allow Israel to do business with India though :D
Hah, as if America has a say here. The way I see it Israel controls America more than America controls Israel . :3

Not surprsing.

Javelin is expensive and the ToT offer didn't meet expectations according to some sources.

Last edited:
fact is,we can counter china effectively even now.see,in defence sector,you don't need to match number of guns or soldiers.you just have to take the inflicted damage upto "Unacceptable level".thats how smaller countries counter a larger country.

Absolutely right.

Our strategy has been maintain superority on western border and remaining enough strong on eastern border for decades, if one oberves the numeber of forces and equipment deployed on both borders.

This will remain in future too, though eastern border will see deploying of more equipment and forces.

Man is she also a part of the package:woot::smitten:!!

कर्मणयेवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन।मा कर्मफलहेतुर्भूर्मा ते सङ्गोऽस्त्वकर्मणि।

Last edited:
I like both ATGMs Javelin and Spike
Javelin is super portable.
Spike for me is an all-around ATGM can take out Tanks/APCs easily, but you can also put the missile through a window easily or hit enemies out in the open with high precision.
Javelin and Spike have about the same mass and size. The main difference is that Spike uses a bipod while Javelin lacks it. Lack of bipod makes Javelin more compact, but aiming without a bipod is not easy thats why Javelin operators usually trying to find some wall which they can use for support:

I never got that, why is it so much further than all the others, who's going to see something 20 km away and fire. Seeing as it's way longer, there must be some compromise relative to the Stinger, is it weight? Is it targeting system? Or is it just longer with the exact same thing.
There are 4 versions of Spike:

Spike MR - 14 kg, fire and forget, 2.5 km range.

Spike LR - same 14 kg missile, but with lock after launch ability which allows increasing range to 4km.

Spike ER - 34 kg missile, 8 km range.

Spike NLOS - 70 kg missile, 25-30 km range.

Last edited:
Javelin and Spike have about the same mass and size. The main difference is that Spike uses a bipod while Javelin lacks it. Lack of bipod makes Javelin more compact, but aiming without a bipod is not easy thats why Javelin operators usually trying to find some wall which they can use for support:

Spike LR - same 14 kg missile, but with lock after launch ability which allows increasing range to 4km.

thats ok but what about armour piercing capabilities and seeker tech ?

how do you compare these expects of Javelin and spike and of course the cost & after slaes service please do explain in detail ..thanks

Which type or types of Spike missile India will be getting.

The main thing is ToT (transfer of technology) which Americans will not give so no deal for them . Long live India-Israel relation . :)

Make your own bl00dy anti-tank missiles。
Make as many as you wish。
Just don't spend money earned by tears and blood on foreign imports。
Don't tell us how to spend our money.

It was not earned with your tears or blood. Nor with ours actually, I wonder what sort of work you do, that you have to cry and bleed to earn money.

There is a good chance that Javelin will head our way. That was part of wish-list given to USA in 2006-7 and then India too had expressed his interest in the platform.
That's unlikely, I would think that it is too costly for Pakistan to equip in sufficient numbers.

thats ok but what about armour piercing capabilities
Both Spike and Javelin have tandem warheads and top attack mode. Thats more than enough to take out any tank in the world.

Watch Spike launch and impact from 0:36 :

and seeker tech ?
Both Spike and Javelin use infrared seekers. Exact characteristics are not disclosed.

Which type or types of Spike missile India will be getting.
If they say that it was competing Javelin then it must be a man portable version: MR and LR. But possible they ordered some other versions too in addition.

Ghatak hathiyaar :woot:

800px-Spike_LR_3.jpg

Photo from wikipedia. You should've credited the uploader (me). :happy:

Israeli marketing worked on india I guess :lol:

Nothing new, Rafael is actually quite notorious for making such videos.
They made a samba video with Brazilian women in Bikinis and men playing football.
Cherna-facepalm.gif

As long as the weapons work.....

Back
Top Bottom