What's new

India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin: source

BTW the NLOS would be a tremendous addition, if it can be mounted on our LCH - our HELINA's range is only 10 kms.

Yes, but I heared it's too costly, besides weight being an issue. Maybe China will sell them to us at cheaper rates, they already have copied them.

Basically the West has found another stooge in India to buy expensive weaponry to keep the Economy growing in the West.

Looks like the West has found a way to take back all those Out Sourcing Dollars.

good for you pakistanis naa as the aid coming from west can be sponsored by Indian money :D
win win for you guys. if because of our outsourcing $$$ our poor neighbor can get some bread on their table through generous aid from gora sahibs this makes us happy.

good for you pakistanis naa as the aid coming from west can be sponsored by Indian money :D
win win for you guys. if because of our outsourcing $$$ our poor neighbor can get some bread on their table through generous aid from gora sahibs this makes us happy.

Damn dude .. That was low ;)

Ghatak hathiyaar :woot:

800px-Spike_LR_3.jpg

All the weapon makers want to mention China to the Indian politicians. This would drive up business in India. And the press, both Indian and western, are in the military industrial complex pockets. Look at how they even hype up many Indian members here. Only a few Indians can see through this facade

As much as we like to believe that, China is a threat. Its no facade. When a country arms your enemy with nukes, missiles and gives teech to counter every advance you gain.......if that;s not a threat then I dont know what is.

Err....what? Did we discuss Spike & Javelin? I have had no opinion in favour of Javelin on terms of offer, price etc. The Javelin is probably better but very expensive and if the ToT offered with Spike was much better than what was offered with the Javelin, the choice as currently made would be logical. I'm against any free lunches, not to the U.S., not to the French, not to the Israelis either. The Javelin as a serious contender would certainly have made the Israelis up their game. Just as long as we benefit...

As far as the US relationship with India is concerned, it won't be limited to just this deal. Significant loss but hopefully they will get the message too.

I like both ATGMs Javelin and Spike
Javelin is super portable.
Spike for me is an all-around ATGM can take out Tanks/APCs easily, but you can also put the missile through a window easily or hit enemies out in the open with high precision.

As much as we like to believe that, China is a threat. Its no facade. When a country arms your enemy with nukes, missiles and gives teech to counter every advance you gain.......if that;s not a threat then I dont know what is.

You're speaking to an ex-pat of that very desh.

Make your own bl00dy anti-tank missiles。

Make as many as you wish。

Just don't spend money earned by tears and blood on foreign imports。

Last edited:

its a stop gap measure, we have our own anti tank systems like Nag and Helina, but a man portable Nag missile comes out to be too heavy as we still lack a lighter seeker which can work in hostile environment, Nag can only be mounted on Armored carriers and Helina is airborne version with longer range, nag has been tested successfully many times also Helina from indigenous LCH gunship.

Hopefully through Spike deal India will get Israeli TOT for lighter seeker tech. which are light enough to design our own man portable Nag version.

Last edited:
There is a good chance that Javelin will head our way. That was part of wish-list given to USA in 2006-7 and then India too had expressed his interest in the platform.

Bro, what is the Chinese equivalent of shoulder launch anti-tank missile?

Back
Top Bottom