What's new

India offers electricity at Rs15 per unit

It's not going to happen. China had offered Pakistanis full-time electricity at unbeatable rate, but still Zardari's government refused.

Amazing, so you do not want to buy fifth cheap electricity from your best friend and the reason is just Zardari. Are you guys not giving him too much credit?

It's not going to happen. China had offered Pakistanis full-time electricity at unbeatable rate, but still Zardari's government refused.

any source mate or just your imagination?

^ My cousin was telling me about it when I was in Pakistan last summer.

but the actual production cost per unit is far less rest goes in gov pockets

if we can get gas from Turkmenistan then it can be possible too.

It wasn't transfer. And this news is true.

Huh,

Okay then how will you buy electricity from china.It would require thousand of kilometer of Wiring to bring electricity from mainland china to pakistan.

It wasn't transfer. And this news is true.

Huh,

Okay then how will you buy electricity from china.It would require thousand of kilometer of Wiring to bring electricity from mainland china to pakistan.

^ Dude it was a Chinese company in Pakistan. Is it hard to understand?

RS15 per unit is exhorbantly expensive. Zardari is killing the local power industry and is on a mission to turn Pakistan into an Indian subversion state. Like his father in law and wife, he is not loyal to Pakistan but to India and Iran. Just like bhutto broke Pakistan and indirectly served India, he is on the same mission as well.

So how would have that chinese company managed to supply electricity.I have read somewhere on this forum that pakistani electricity problem is due to shortage of fuel.chinese would not have summoned fuel anyway.

How the tables have turned, in 2003 we were trying to get India to buy surplus electricity from us.

The problem is not generation capability, we have the capability. However, we cannot afford the Furnace Oil to make use of those generation facilities, I don't think that warrants importing electricity, it would be a better idea if we worked on converting furnace oil powered thermal plants to coal or coal gas.

Well the Tables have truly turned
As you know , in Yr 2003 Pakistan Had an installed capacity of 17000 MW while India Had an installed capacity of 126000 MW
However today India has an installed capacity of over 200000 MW , while Pakistan has installed capacity of 20000 MW
But 20000 MW should be enough to meet all of Demand in Pakistan , but due to shortage of Fuel , old and dilapidated plants , Pakistan Barely Manages to make use of 55-60% of installed capacity against India which is able to utilize 85-88% of its capacity

Rs 15/per unit? :woot: If it's for citizens then its open loot!! But I think it's for industry/business.
I think its PKR

^^^^i think they offered to produce electricity from trash (by creating methane)

So..your own power plants can supply you the power if they get the oil. No need for Chinese assistance. The problem is circular debt.

Anyways I don't understand why Pakistan went for furnace oil power plants. Nothing can beat hydro, followed by thermal and Pakistan has one of the largest coal reserves.

^^^^i think they offered to produce electricity from trash (by creating methane)

It will be expensive.

Back
Top Bottom