What's new

India offers $5m aid to flood-hit in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok So people Dont want aid because it has a label of being Indian...

What next?
Dont get surgery because father of surgery is Indian
Dont use numerals because 0 was invented by an Indian
Dont use computers because the pentium chip was designed by an Indian.

it is easy to say things when sitting in cozy room. Ask a mother who sees his child dying of hunger slowly each moment slowly and gradually and she cant do anything.

I appreciate your honesty.Times may be hard and difficult for you and I understand that.But we must understand that the participation of common people is necessary for a successful government.But those common people cannot take each and every decisions for the country.Thats why we choose representatives.If a king size of the aid money is going into the pockets of the politicians and Pakistan doesnt even need that money,then something is seriously wrong with the democratic process and people must raise their voice.

However,the economic policies of the country are not determined by common masses.They are done by the economists.You are claiming that Pakistan does not U.S. aid.But even a few months back, a news was in circulation that Pakistan did not even have the money to pay the government servants,and situation has not changed much ever since.If this be the case,then,well whether common people like it or not,the reality is,you need foreign aid.

Look the feudal system is the culprit. PPP wins from rural areas and let me tell you how it is done. PPP gives tickets to Zamindar and thekedar who force their farmers on their lands to give them votes. The uneducated and helpless masses gives their vots to these influential candidates in rural areas. As a result they have more MNAs and MPAs to form government. This is Pakistan's democratic process. PMLn wins from Punjabm ANP wins from kheybar, MQM wins from Karachi ad PPP wins from Sindh and rural areas of the rest of Pakistan including Balauchistan. Family politics have ruined us. One of the major reasons why Bhutto let East Pakistan go was that middle class had risen there to power. Though mujeeb was a traitor but an average middle class was voting there. This entire feudal system was in danger.

Yes Pak did not have money to pay its installments of loans and was about to default. Tell me how does this happen in an year? When Musharraf was there no such problem was witnessed. As i said our government creates all kinds of economic problems for aid. This was also created intentionally to get IMF aid. You won't believe me because you live in India where economy is given priority by every government no matter what. But the current Pak government has not interest in improving economy infact its going in backward direction and destroying it so they keep getting aid for their Swiss accounts. Sadly its a reality.

No one can explain the fact of Pak's economy going wild as soon as Musharraf resigned. We are actually getting more aid than Musharraf regime. Thugs are in power and they had to be removed. The army knows whats happening but they can't interfere because if they do, it is called martial law which is not good by world's standards. Our politicians are incapable and corrupt to their very soul.

Except for Zia's era every army rule in Pak has seen more development and better economy.

I always discuss with my friends that we need a students revolution. All the students of Pakistan should take a stand and run this country now. I am 100% sure we will be a much better country if this happens. But the feudal domination and power is so extreme that nothing can change without a bloody revolution.

Musharraf tried his best to keep these thugs out of the country but at the end he too became a politician. His first 5 years were great but then he wasted himself.

Pak still considering $5 million Indian aid offer for flood victims

Pakistan today said it is considering India's offer of $5 million as aid for its flood victims but a decision has been delayed as there is "sensitivity" involved in the relationship with India.

Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said his Indian counterpart S M Krishna offered the aid during a telephone conversation on Friday.

"Yes, they have offered assistance to Pakistan and they have asked the government of Pakistan to prioritise what kind of assistance we require," he said.

"In line with the conversation that I've had with Mr Krishna, I've informed the leadership about the details and the leadership is giving it consideration," he told a news conference at the Foreign Office.

Qureshi was responding to a question on whether Pakistan had accepted the aid offered by India.

In response to another question on why Pakistan has accepted aid from other countries but is yet to decide on India's offer, he said the kind of relationship with India and the "sensitivity" involved is "different".

Qureshi kept the door open for the possibility of accepting the Indian offer at a later stage.

Noting that "the matter has not ended," he said Pakistan will need a long-drawn strategy as the floods were still causing devastation.

After the ongoing relief operations, the rehabilitation and reconstruction process will continue for about two years, he said.

Qureshi said Krishna had called him to "condole on the loss of life that had taken place, to sympathise with the people of Pakistan and express solidarity in this hour of grief with Pakistan".

Earlier, diplomatic sources told PTI that "no decision" had been made as yet on India's offer of aid.

Asked about the matter, Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit said: "We appreciate this offer made by India. It has been conveyed to the relevant authorities".

He did not give details.

Krishna described the offer of aid as a "gesture of solidarity with the people of Pakistan in their hour of need".

The floods triggered by unusually heavy monsoon rains have killed over 1,700 people and affected 20 million. It has also destroyed millions of acres of crop land and washed away key roads, bridges and communication infrastructure.

Meanwhile, the Daily Times newspaper quoted its sources as saying that Pakistan might accept the Indian aid if it is routed through the United Nations.

Pakistan had accepted aid from India when a devastating earthquake struck the Kashmir region in 2005.

India had then sent three consignments of relief materials in military aircraft.
:cheers:

Pak still considering Indian aid offer for flood victims

Why govt. of Pakistan is playing cheap politics???

Why are they playing with the life of flood victims??????

Look the feudal system is the culprit. PPP wins from rural areas and let me tell you how it is done. PPP gives tickets to Zamindar and thekedar who force their farmers on their lands to give them votes. The uneducated and helpless masses gives their vots to these influential candidates in rural areas. As a result they have more MNAs and MPAs to form government. This is Pakistan's democratic process. PMLn wins from Punjabm ANP wins from kheybar, MQM wins from Karachi ad PPP wins from Sindh and rural areas of the rest of Pakistan including Balauchistan. Family politics have ruined us. One of the major reasons why Bhutto let East Pakistan go was that middle class had risen there to power. Though mujeeb was a traitor but an average middle class was voting there. This entire feudal system was in danger.

Yes Pak did not have money to pay its installments of loans and was about to default. Tell me how does this happen in an year? When Musharraf was there no such problem was witnessed. As i said our government creates all kinds of economic problems for aid. This was also created intentionally to get IMF aid. You won't believe me because you live in India where economy is given priority by every government no matter what. But the current Pak government has not interest in improving economy infact its going in backward direction and destroying it so they keep getting aid for their Swiss accounts. Sadly its a reality.

No one can explain the fact of Pak's economy going wild as soon as Musharraf resigned. We are actually getting more aid than Musharraf regime. Thugs are in power and they had to be removed. The army knows whats happening but they can't interfere because if they do, it is called martial law which is not good by world's standards. Our politicians are incapable and corrupt to their very soul.

Except for Zia's era every army rule in Pak has seen more development and better economy.

I always discuss with my friends that we need a students revolution. All the students of Pakistan should take a stand and run this country now. I am 100% sure we will be a much better country if this happens. But the feudal domination and power is so extreme that nothing can change without a bloody revolution.

Musharraf tried his best to keep these thugs out of the country but at the end he too became a politician. His first 5 years were great but then he wasted himself.

Yes I also think you are right on these points...I pray for your revolution to start early and be a success.:tup:

As far as Aid is concerned, we don't care what you say, or how you feel, but we are gonna send it any way. Whether you lot like it or not.
I agree 5 million is a minuscule amount, but as the need arises we will keep on toping it.
We want a strong enemy at our gates, not a hunger starved, ill and dying.:azn:
When you have regained your strength and your economical might(As you all have been saying) then we would be waiting for you for the big fight.:cheers:

As far as Aid is concerned, we don't care what you say, or how you feel, but we are gonna send it any way. Whether you lot like it or not.
I think you're right. I respect the Pakistanis who are engaged in relief work, but that doesn't mean they have an exclusive right to decide who receives relief and who doesn't, or who may donate and who doesn't. Aid workers cannot speak for flood victims; flood victims can speak for themselves.

I think you're right. I respect the Pakistanis who are engaged in relief work, but that doesn't mean they have an exclusive right to decide who receives relief and who doesn't, or who may donate and who doesn't. Aid workers cannot speak for flood victims; flood victims can speak for themselves.

The sad state of affairs is that between the diplomatic and political spats, its the innocent civilian that gets the shaft. Whether its by getting blown up in Peshawar and Mumbai or by getting denied life saving help, because of the dislike of some powers for the source of that help:tdown:

A planned event designed to attract the public's attention to the event's organizers or their cause. can be professionally organized or set up by amateurs. Such events are frequently utilized by advertisers, celebrities, athletes, and Politicians called Publicity stunts:) ......

We too hope the money is sent back by ur government and GoI utilises the money to something useful. Say for example speed up the hydro electric projects or a road project here.:cheers:

Yeah its sad, both governments are than pathetic.. because I also don't like my tax money going to Pakistan..

Thanks. I also want the same. GOI should use this money for some better purpose in India.

Sitting in Couch and hitting a fashionable laptop does not make you responsible for stating something against those who has been forced to living on some tents with no food and water. It is our hatred or ego take it somewhere else or go live with them to u'stand the situation.

The aid is for humanity, If you dont like then go ahead and collect $ 5 Million untill then keep your mouth shut.

Those people in tents also don't like your aid. So it is better if your govt reverse their offer and use this money some place else. If you really care for those people their is already a chance on this forum where you can donate for those poor people. Utilize that chance.

We don't need these 5 million.

:)

Yeah you are going to sent it anyways just like you sent terrorists to Pakistan anyways. ;)

We don't need these 5 millions. Take them and use them to bribe Naxals to not to attack more Broiler Mughas in your country.

Why govt. of Pakistan is playing cheap politics???
Why are they playing with the life of flood victims??????

Its up to them mate..nothing we can do..we did our part now they can do what ever they want..

We don't need these 5 millions. Take them and use them to bribe Naxals to not to attack more Broiler Mughas in your country.

on whose behalf are you talking????
those who are getting drowned, have no shelter no food for Aftari, lost their loved ones???
on their behalf???

yahan baith kar khud blogging karr raha hai baat karta hai, "we dont need your 5 millions". abey chal!! You have no right, when you cannot help them don't even stop others helping them!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom