What's new

India may Drop Russia Completely

iceman2009

BANNED
Reaction score
There are reports emanating from AERO INDIA that the IAF are looking at alternative 5TH GENERATION PLATFORMS to the proposed FGFA fighter project between india & Russia.

The report highlights india,s disappoint that the Russians have not involved IAF in the design of the proposed plane at any stage. The plane in its basic configuration is ready for its first flight in 2010.

One other major setback has been that despite sharing 50% costs of its future developments india request for NO SHARING of technology with china PLAAF was denied by the Russians.

In short the Russians want $5 to $10 billion dollars in development funding but india will not have exclusive rights to the PAK FA.. or its technology.

This follows serious delays and massive price hikes on the GORSKHOV carrier deal. rising from $650m to $1.8 billion today.

126 MRCA deal is now widely expected to be won by a western bidder
F18 super hornets or Rafael are the current front runners..

But the BIG QUESTION is where does IAF go for the future FIFTH GENERATION fighters. ????

India can no longer rely 100% exclusively on RUSSIA its just too dangerous

There are reports emanating from AERO INDIA that the IAF are looking at alternative 5TH GENERATION PLATFORMS to the proposed FGFA fighter project between india & Russia.

The report highlights india,s disappoint that the Russians have not involved IAF in the design of the proposed plane at any stage. The plane in its basic configuration is ready for its first flight in 2010.

One other major setback has been that despite sharing 50% costs of its future developments india request for NO SHARING of technology with china PLAAF was denied by the Russians.

In short the Russians want $5 to $10 billion dollars in development funding but india will not have exclusive rights to the PAK FA.. or its technology.

This follows serious delays and massive price hikes on the GORSKHOV carrier deal. rising from $650m to $1.8 billion today.

126 MRCA deal is now widely expected to be won by a western bidder
F18 super hornets or Rafael are the current front runners..

But the BIG QUESTION is where does IAF go for the future FIFTH GENERATION fighters. ????

India can no longer rely 100% exclusively on RUSSIA its just too dangerous
Iceman, do you have the source or link for this news?

India may be footing half the bill, but it is still Russian tech and is controlled solely by them. You can't expect them to surrender some control of it.

In reply to qsaark
This is why

despite delays india will induct over 140 tejas fighters by 2020

A western MMRCA will win the 126 combat plane bidder with new TOT

And Israel has $ 8 billion worth of orders for radars missles ECM equipment and other military hardware to become india,s second biggest arms supplier within 10 years of its first order..

Pakistan is anxiously waiting India to ditch the Russians. That will completely open up the Russians to us, the few inhibitions that they still have to not to piss off India will be gone.

Asim.

The Russians have already started suplying you with the RD93 engine for JF17..

please take the russians........ THERE YOURS FOR FREE.........

We will indians will stick to ISRAEL & FRANCE from now on.

with USA depending on TOT issues

Asim.

The Russians have already started suplying you with the RD93 engine for JF17..

please take the russians........ THERE YOURS FOR FREE.........

We will indians will stick to ISRAEL & FRANCE from now on.

with USA depending on TOT issues

I wish i had Friends Like you so i wont be NEEDING ANY ENEMIES.

Its great to see How Loyal and Grateful you are to your Friends.

I wish i had Friends Like you so i wont be NEEDING ANY ENEMIES.

Its great to see How Loyal and Grateful you are to your Friends.

exactly ; but its just 1 persons opnion India will not drop a 5th Gen Project PAK FA ; because how many weapons can India get from Israel and France they are limited ; China is building x100 Faster with its own jets like Su-27,J-10,Jxx,JF-17 II ; India can't build its own SU-30MKI ; MKI stands for Russian export version for India,SU-30MKIs are only assembled in India.India will lack behind in the race of Stealth Fighter

@iceman...link/s dude!
do you even know how important russia and the russian assistance is to india?
even if were to have a paradigm shift in our future deals...ditching the ruskies woud mean....losing ALL our existing arsenal...as there'd be no spares for them.
we heavily depend on them...period

Paritosh.

Its this heavey dependence on them that is causing the issues.

iSSUES LIKE GORSKHOV as mentioned.

And now the PAKFA with Russia wanting indian money to develope 5TH GEN TECH. Then sell it to CHINA. AS mentioned.

Just look at the latest deals.

Scorpene deal for 6 subs $3.5 billion to france.

C130 J to USA worth $1 billion

P8 posideon Maritime $2 billion USA.

$8 BILLION WORTH of deals with Israel

And now MRCA to follow $12 billion.

India wants to reduce dependence on Russia and split the future deals equally between Israel/USA,, Europe & Russia but TOT will be crucial as always.

FOR ME ITS THE MOST SENSIBLE STRATEGY

dude....reducing dependence is understandable...but completely cutting ties is not sensible.
Gorshkov is a one-off incident....but these latest deals reflect the flexibility we enjoy in terms of buying weaponry.from some of your posts it seems that you really hate the russian weaponry...dont read too much into propaganda...after a lengthy assessment you'd agree that a lot of the russian tech is simply unbeatable!

For those that one the links to FGFA reservations i have pasted a Bhrat Raksha HYPERLINK of DAY 3 at Aero india 2009.

The discussions are of a Vistor talking to representatives of various officals at the event esp those linked to both LCA and future MCA stalls

Bharat Rakshak • View topic - Aero India 2009

Please note there are widespread news of IAF reservations re the FGFA and RUSSIA taking indian money with no input for IAF individual needs..

THERE IS A growing LOBBY with in indian defense circles to adjust the level of our military programme subtly away from them to go more diverse. ie other options with different shared technologies.

Everybody needs everybody Moscow...Thats the truth..Russia cant exist alone.nor india nor china nor PAK.The main strength of US doesn lie in US alone but because of the backing of so many countries..Japan,Canada,Australia n all europe...Please grow up..

I do doubt that Western armament manufacturers r manipulating public opinion in India against Russian Armament by funding papers n Tv channels...There s so much money in this armament business that they just cant leave it to pure morally capitalist competition..

But diversifying armament procurement will be good for India...They r following the right policy

Back
Top Bottom