What's new

India makes ready to match PLA firepower

SHIKKAR

New Recruit

Reaction score
Rahul Datta | New Delhi

In an effort to meet the challenge of growing military might of China, the Government has given the nod to some key projects, including creation of a new artillery division, a special forces unit and purchase of three aircraft for long-range reconnaissance.

The raising of a new artillery division (each division has more than 200 long-range guns) will be completed by the end of 2011 while the special forces unit, also to be raised and trained in the same time span, will aim to perform strategic role behind enemy lines in case of hostility. The three reconnaissance aircraft will be acquired, most probably from Israel, by the National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO), sources said.

The nod for these crucial steps came two weeks back, sources said, adding that the artillery division and the special forces unit will work alongside two mountain divisions which were created last year. Each division has 10,000 soldiers and they are specially trained for mountain warfare on the eastern front.

The process of equipping them with state-of-the-art equipment was in progress, sources said, adding that the new artillery division would also be equipped with ultra-light howitzers.

Incidentally, India has two artillery divisions at present and needs to urgently acquire new long-range guns as the present arsenal is outdated. The artillery needs more than 1,000 guns and it would cost about `20,000 crore. However, the Army has not bought a new artillery gun in the last 20 years in the wake of the Bofors controversy.

As regards the special forces unit, the battalion strength group (1,000 men) will be trained for destroying logistical lines, electricity plants and other war-supporting efforts behind enemy lines.

Explaining the significance of this unit, officials said it would work in close coordination with intelligence agencies and used as a “national asset”. The trained commandos of this unit will carry out strategic strikes.

The Army currently has seven special forces battalions and most of these are engaged in counter-insurgency and counter-terrorist operations in Jammu & Kashmir and the north-east.

However, their counterparts in the US, UK and Russia are deployed for much more sensitive and crucially important strategic assignments and New Delhi has also decided to go the same way.

The need for the exercise arose after the Chinese Army conducted a military exercise, Stride, in 2009. This exercise showed the capabilities of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) in launching a focused attack using the artillery and special forces unit in mountain warfare.

India, at that point, lacked those capabilities and the Government, therefore, gave the go-ahead for acquiring “matching capabilities”, sources said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i cant expect better than this from a pakisthani...

still thank u, bcas this is my first thread and u r the first person to reply.:wave:

India to match PLA firepower...Yeah right my A$$ :rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol:

Welcome to the forum Bharti.We have many bhartis like you over here:D

its funny
compare pakistan gdp with india
then compare india gdp with china
pakistan claim that they will teach bitter lesson to india in next war and if india claims so u ppl start laughing
indeed its very impressive decision by india

Its a great decision...
2 mountain division and special forces to support them
Army-Navy joint marine brigade

its funny
pakistan claim that they will teach bitter lesson to india in next war and if india claims so u ppl start laughing

:no::no::no:
Bhartis no one can beat you in 'genius'.....nevermind. :lol:

By the way see 'Population' of China and Bharat.Then compare GDP then...:azn:
And why bringing Economy crap here??? Didn't I highlighted 'Match'??
I was laughing at poster's choice of words."India to Match PLA Firepower" ..Don't you think its funny :D

Last edited:
Did I highlighted 'Match'??
I was laughing at poster's choice of word...India to Match PLA Firepower ..Don't you think its funny
No its not funny, we are just talking about matching,considering the point that you guys always believed that you could beat us...

No its not funny, we are just talking about matching,considering the point that you guys always believed that you could beat us...

hey hey hey...Fanboy give it a break.

Don't take war in that sense.Pakistan will beat India,India will beat Pakistan..We are brave...No we are brave blah blah..Talk this sh!t with some one else.Your Military knows the capability of Pakistan and our military knows your capabilites.Only fanboys would've said that Pakistan will 'beat' India like Indian internet kids believe that India will beat Pakistan :lol:

With nuclear missiles in hand...Bharat is gonna get his A$$ kicked if he try any mis-adventure with Pakistan..Same goes for Pakistan too.

Don't bring Pakistan/India here.Point is I just made a sarcasm at how bharti freshi writes that India is going to 'Match' PLA's fire power...I have seen many internet parrots of India talking how 'great' India is and how 'small' Pakistan is.:no:

Now get over it and enjoy your time in this great forum :pdf:

may be the the use of "match" word is wrong.

we do not want to match chineese, that will bring our downfall. its the same wen sovietsw were trying to match americans. Govt of India knows that there is no need to match chineese. however, we must do everything possible to strengthen our militaary. in that aspect its a good step.

its funny
GDP etc doesnt matter.India was rich in past too but same rich india was captured and taught lesson as always from west.Still india is being taught lessons only thing is indians are unable to realise it.they will realise only when water will go over their heads.

GDP etc doesnt matter.India was rich in past too but same rich india was captured and taught lesson as always from west.Still india is being taught lessons only thing is indians are unable to realise it.they will realise only when water will go over their heads.

And You are the Only Enlightened Indian from a Population of Over a Billion .... "Enlightened Indian Of the Millenium" Goes to You:cheers:

And You are the Only Enlightened Indian from a Population of Over a Billion .... "Enlightened Indian Of the Millenium" Goes to You:cheers:

I would say its the exact opposite of an intellect which suits better.

:no::no::no:
Bhartis no one can beat you in 'genius'.....nevermind. :lol:

By the way see 'Population' of China and Bharat.Then compare GDP then...:azn:
And why bringing Economy crap here??? Didn't I highlighted 'Match'??
I was laughing at poster's choice of words."India to Match PLA Firepower" ..Don't you think its funny :D

ok lets talk in ur language compare population of nutural rich pakistan and population of japan (country of earth quack )

Back
Top Bottom