What's new

India loses out on artillery buy as M-777 production ends

Ullu ke Patthe , sale gadhe politicians aur bureaucrats.

This is the kind of lax attitude why Indian used to lose wars in the past but these old cocks haven't learnt anything. Suckers.

You will have to pay double price if USA shut the assembly line. Cash cow tragedy always happen there.

You guys could buy artillery from China. Ok, just forget what I said.

90% of India indeginous weapon r&D lapse out like throwing a stone in the ocean.....

Your comments made no sense at all. Please be straight forward in your articulation.

The Tata Power gun was Self-propelled artillery. This requirement is for towed and/or light-weight artillery.

Don't go by the thumbnail view of the video. The Tata gun is a 155mm towed artillery gun.

Unfortunately, it is not. It is a lot more than pure physics. Cutting edge metallurgy and material science, and even electronics plays a part in this one. There is a reason that nobody else in the world manufactures something in the ballpark of the M-777.

We are not talking about any run of the mill artillery or rifle. (The Indian field gun and INSAS are Indian made artillery and rifles respectively that are in widespread service in the forces.) We are talking about a very light artillery piece made of a special titanium alloy using a special manufacturing process. It is very light, and yet gives the same firepower as a much heavier gun, while being fully airmobile. It is for a specific requirement of equipping the new mountain strike force with mobile artillery. It is a niche requirement, not supposed to be standard arty. (That will be developed by Indian private companies, and the OFB who's gun is already being tested.) The radar of the M-777 is also world class.

That I totally agree, those manufacturing is not just something you can master overnight even with TOT and complete set of production line and blue print.

There is a true story, when Baosteel which is the largest steel in China was first found in 1978, it received hugh assitance from Japan to built one of the most modern steel plants of the time. Its production line is even newer and better than the one Shinnittetsu was using at the time. However for special grade steels although it made to the standard, it still was not as good as the the Japan was making even with all the technical support Japan could give back then. It tool them a long while for them to figure out what needs to be done in the manufacturing process, and they said that this is not something can be taught, you need to learn from your own experience. That is why in those specialized manufacturing, sometimes master technician with certain special skill are paid more than engineers. And this will never be covered by any TOT or reverse engineering.

I am not having a go at India but how hard can it be to produce field artillery!
It's all about the kickbacks from foreign vendors, middlemen, agents and touts! And our politicians and bureaucrats are past masters in this game!

It's all about the money.
Big_indian-currency-notes-7904772.jpg

We'll get the arty. Thing is we need money for nuke sub. Anyway 6 arty deals will be signed in 2014.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/indias-4-bln-howitzer-gun-buying-spree-why-russia-may-not-have-an-edge-970119.html

Bring Modi , deals will churn out faster than rubber ducks from a cheap ying factory. Secular Congressi go F#$k yourself.

You guys could buy artillery from China. Ok, just forget what I said.

90% of India indeginous weapon r&D lapse out like throwing a stone in the ocean.....

Problem is this government. Nothing else. You'll be surprised to know atleast 4 Indian companies developed quality howitzers on their own!

TATA

BHEL

RELIANCE

Sir ji, there is definitely difference between alloys used in gears and barrels of guns. Barrels have to withstand and dissipate the heat quickly in addition of less wear and tear required by gears.

well bro who said to use alloys used by gears in gun barrles but alloys used in gears are also very high heat resistent as they go thru constant grinding in the engine and can withstand huge amount of wear and tear thru the friction , heat and very very high pressure if we can sucsessfully make it i dont think it will need more than a litle effort to adapt a few chnges into them and use them for Gun barrels

I am not having a go at India but how hard can it be to produce field artillery!
First India needs to learn how to make a bullet and rifle instead of using 1950's hand-me-downs from the British Empire.

First India needs to learn how to make a bullet and rifle instead of using 1950's hand-me-downs from the British Empire.

the same old Hong-Phoo ... go wipe your nose first.

china sends a clown everyday to pdf.. :omghaha:

HongWuuuu my fav. PDF member........get a gf dude

Back
Top Bottom