What's new

India is running out of oxygen, Covid-19 patients are dying – because the government wasted time

He was too distant a relative - Mausaji ke Jijaji. Never met or seen him. Just know what happened. But situation is quite dire in India right now.

My parents had scheduled vaccine in early April but on the day of the dose, when they turned up at the hospital, there was no vaccine. Now they have rescheduled for May but do not know if it will be available even then.

My grandfather had taken 1st dose last month but do not know if he can now get 2nd dose. Dont know what will happen to the effectiveness if he cant get 2nd dose.

Most likely he got AstraZeneca vaccine and that gives 95% protection from hospitalisations with the known UK variants, it may be lower with the new Indian variant but hopefully not, and nearly 100% from death. That is from a single dose and trial data shows that immunity actually slightly picks up if you delay the 2nd dose up to 12 weeks.

Most likely he got AstraZeneca vaccine and that gives 95% protection from hospitalisations with the known UK variants, it may be a lower with the new Indian variant but hopefully not, and nearly 100% from death. That is from a single dose and trial data shows that immunity actually slightly picks up if you delay the 2nd dose up to 12 weeks.
He got the 2nd dose yesterday.

He got the 2nd dose yesterday.

Good to hear and wish your family in India all the best.

Situation in India is critical and hope India gets this under control as soon as possible.

I am not sure if BD can help India but if it has any spare capacity then it would be a good humanitarian gesture to take Indian patients from nearby states.

Maybe indians should learn a lesson of being humble. First they made fun of Pakistan and when covid raged in india they got humiliated. Then barely vaccine started producing and indians come out of holes again boasting and tall claims of saving the world from corona and again now they are thumped. I hope poor people are saved all over the world.
Perhaps the lesson goes both ways

Each time negative news of India pops up be it fire at vaccine manufacturing plant, Covid case spike, issues in vaccine exports - Pakistanis armed with a perverted blush start frothing and foaming ironically as if they are immune to these issues

But end of the day regardless of Indophobic degeneracy of some usual suspects, India has large vaccine manufacturing capacity established over a period of 50 years and Pakistan remains in the same state India was 50 years ago during small pox pandemic i.e entirely reliant on international community for vaccines due its limited ability to manufacture or develop its own vaccines.

If Pakistanis even spent a fraction of time devoted to perverted schadenfreude , Pakistan today would have eliminated polio, had its own major pharma industry capable of mass manufacturing, developing vaccines and medicines
Most of all not so dependent on Pharma imports from India

In 2018, Pakistan's pharma imports from India were estimated at more than $62m (£45m). Some 60-70% of active ingredients contained in medicines sold in Pakistan are imported from India.
More importantly, almost 90% of vaccines administered in Pakistan come from India, according to Mr Ghani. Indian vaccines, he adds, are "world-class, affordable and shipping is easy". Most of these vaccines are distributed through Pakistan's state-funded immunisation programme which targets 14 million new-borns and pregnant women every year.

Will Pakistan get Covid vaccines from India?

I personally hope regardless of the degenerative attitudes of some Pakistanis, the vulnerable in Pakistan do not suffer

Last edited:
Things have gotten out of control in India. People are dying left and right. USA have blocked transfer of material to produce Oxford vaccine in India. But lets show local muslims their place to take revenge of central asian invasions 500 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom