What's new

India Is Not An Enemy of Pakistan – Ex PAF Chief

OrionHunter

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Check out what the ex PAF chief Air Marshal Asghar Khan has to say…..A man renowned for his integrity, says that India is an imagined enemy of Pakistan.

Now let the flame fests begin, because many Pakistanis here are sure to trash him and call him a traitor! Why? Because he has stated facts that will not be music to their ears. They go against what they’ve been taught as well as the propaganda that’s working overtime to portray India as the eternal enemy. Facts that go against the grain are hard to swallow.

Indian media too must stop their hyperventilating against Pakistan for everything happening here. Pointing fingers at the drop of a hat only vitiates the atmosphere and hides the incompetence of the powers-that-be.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy's opinions were discussed to death here.

Asghar Khan was viewed very highly by Americans though.

asgharkhan26june1954.jpg

The topic has been discussed many times on pdf. He is also one of the Pakistani who is known to have accepted clearly that Pakistan lost all the wars against India including 1965 and it was Pakistan who always attacked first (barring 1971 ocourse).

The topic has been discussed many times on pdf. He is also one of the Pakistani who is known to have accepted clearly that Pakistan lost all the wars against India including 1965 and it was Pakistan who always attacked first (barring 1971 ocourse).
Practicaly even in 1971 it was Pakistan who attacked first....it was their fighter jet who raided our bases first....Before that their was no direct involvement of our forces in it...

to portray India as the eternal enemy

I think we remember 1971.....enough said.

Practicaly even in 1971 it was Pakistan who attacked first....it was their fighter jet who raided our bases first....Before that their was no direct involvement of our forces in it...

Well my readings said that Indian tanks entered then East Pakistan in the month of November 71, well before the official war and Pakistan air strike. Even some were destroyed in that skirmish.

I agree that enemy thing is overhyped, but from both sides, not only in Pakistan.

I think we remember 1971.....enough said.
The trouble with people like you is that you guys are living in a perpetual time warp. Move on. There's lots of water that's flowed under the bridge.

Well my readings said that Indian tanks entered then East Pakistan in the month of November 71, well before the official war and Pakistan air strike. Even one was destroyed in that skirmish.
To set the record straight, India did provide economic, military and diplomatic support to the Mukti Bahini rebels, which led West Pakistan to launch Operation Chengiz Khan, a pre-emptive attack on the western border of India which started the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971.

I agree that enemy thing is overhyped, but from both sides, not only in Pakistan.
Correct! I think our media and hot heads on both sides should tone down their rhetoric and give peace a chance.

Actually those were pre-emptive strikes by Pakistan because India openly supported Mukti Bahini economically and militarily ..
Surely Pakistan was the first for direct attacks but India was first in indirect attacks ..

The rest of the wars , there is ample proof that Pakistan started it

The trouble with people like you is that you guys are living in a perpetual time warp. Move on. There's lots of water that's flowed under the bridge.

Like wt?? Which perpetual time warp? What is changed after 71 between India and Pakistan, kindly inform me.

To set the record straight, India did provide economic, military and diplomatic support to the Mukti Bahini rebels, which led West Pakistan to launch Operation Chengiz Khan, a pre-emptive attack on the western border of India which started the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971.

I was refering to East Pakistan and not West Pakistan or official war, therefore, I used the word Skirmish. How you see Battle of Garibpur then...

"On 21 November, the 14 Punjab Battalion - supported by a squadron of 14 PT-76 tanks from 45 Cavalry moved in to capture the areas around Garibpur inside Pakistani territory. The move was supposed to be a surprise, but following a skirmish with patrol troops of both armies the previous day, Pakistan was alerted to this impending attack. Pakistan immediately responded in numbers when its 107 Infantry Brigade - supported by 3rd Independent Armoured Squadron, equipped with M24 Chaffee light tanks was launched. Possessing numerical superiority, Pakistan troops were in position to decimate the Indian intrusion. But the Punjab Battalion, known for its long history of valor, dug in and poised themselves for a counter attack. Retaining the Infantry and the Recoilless rifles in a defensive position, the tanks were sent forward to ambush the oncoming Pakistani charge. In the next couple of hours Indian troops pounded the Pakistani attack who couldn't pinpoint the source of attacks due to poor visibility on account of fog. Undeterred, Pakistan tanks and infantry were thrown into an offensive against Indian defensive positions. But once again these were repulsed by the Indians and resulted in heavy casualties for Pakistan. By noon more than 11 tanks lay smouldering with a further 3 captured in working condition whilst losing six of the PT-76 tanks. The 107 Brigade too had been severely battered with most of its original strength depleted while Indians reported casualties of 40."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom