What's new

India Inc hits back, says Obama can’t dictate Indian govt

Why such impulsive reaction.. big hue & cry about it? It's not as if Obama says something & we are obliged to follow! Water off a duck's back... let it be! As US elections are getting closer.. Obama is going to blurt out more & more rhetorics. Immature Indian media.. just starts jizzin in their pants as soon as there is a reaction from US hierarchy..

Sure indians are worlds meanest people and they dont love india otherwise indians themselves would not have been looting india along with west.

i wonder who robbed whom on civil nuclear deal..its all in the agreement...:usflag:

i wonder who robbed whom on civil nuclear deal..its all in the agreement...:usflag:
Deal opened the doors for other suppliers who were hesitating before. In all we will choose who to be robbed from or who to rob. options are endless and at least we don't put our sovereignty on the platter over peanuts like your beloved nation Pakistan. Why are you ashamed BTW..... baigairatti kee bhi hudd hotey hai, jiski koi gairutt thi hee nahi, uus koi sharam bhi kaha say aayeh. wave your correct flag or don't bother about who's what rest you know better.

Obama was right . This is also an example of media sensationalism at its best . India Inc. did not say this .

Obama was just giving his opinion anyway on questions that were asked from him . He wasn't really dictating anything to anyone .

Indian are most of many other things too, but i wont list it here since I am the most nicest person on this forum

Then positively you cannot be a Pakistani....Canadian...Maybe.

IMO FDI in retail is bullshit... We already own our desi retail chains... such as More Megastore, Reliance Hypermart, Food Bazar, StarBazar, Pantaloons, Total etc.

Direct investment may cut their nose as they are still growing and We don't have extra space for organizations like Walmart. I still read news about FDI in India ... and it was Pepsi and Coca Cola, These Giants either bought Indian Drinks such as Thums up, Limca or they vanished the other drink makers...

This false jingoism is not needed. Indians need to see President Obama's views as constructive criticism and should take it in the right spirit. Atleast from what I have seen in the news in the past 24 hrs, Pres. Obama was in news wrt India for the following.

1. Criticism on lack of reforms
2. He spoke about fixing the issue with dual use technology knowledge sharing with India - remember US does not share dual use technology with many of the closest allies.
3. His reiteration that Kashmir is a bilateral issue and any country from outside will not interfere with Kashmir solution.

If you take all the 3 messages together or just the first message in isolation, Pres. Obama is only supportive of India.

That's impressive.....after UK on Eurofighter and its aid called peanuts by our FM, its US turn.....that we don't need to act according to what you say........

Aid is still aid even if peanut. And whats the need to beg for peanut size aid when indain economy is "the worlds largest economy"?

Then positively you cannot be a Pakistani....Canadian...Maybe.

and definitly not an indian!

It looks like Time Magazine Article has woken up the Singh in Manmohan Singh....You say i am spineless now let me show you my spines....

Jokes apart its high time America should realise that we are not like Arabs,Europeans,Japaneese or Pakistani's on whoome they can dictate their terms.........We are Indians we have our own independent policy and we don't like other countries to dictate terms to us.....

With due regards Indiaism , do you think that Sonia Stooge MMS headed UPA is doing all this is needed to put India on a high growth track ? we dont need an Obama to correct our mistakes but what is the common perception of people within India , there is a policy paralysis which needs to be addressed which the fake Ghandis or MMS does not appear to be intrested to correct

actually the only people who were being boorish were the brits . if you read some of the articles in the guardian and the telegraph , you would know what i am referring too.
the Indian govt had asked the UK govt to stop aid in 09 . it was further reiterated in 10' , but the british govt said they need to continue to give aid as it was their policy to do so , and since the aaid was going to NGO and not the govt . the GOI said nothing. but when the MMRCA story broke the british papers made it look like the money was being given to the govt and we were being ungrateful.

Yes! there are tabloid newspapers, but Pranab Mukherjee reflects upon the whole nation, when he makes such statements.

I think India simply shouldnt have replied or directed any statement towards Obama.....we just got to do, what we got to do...and be busy with that...we shouldnt listen to obama or anyone for that matter, but there is no need to say something about it.

Nothing is gained or lost with this statement...but we could have played it even finer if we wouldnt have said anything........moreover....let us ask to ourselves for a moment honestly...what was wrong that he said ?? we do need reforms in our policies and even our ministers and policy makers agree to this. Lets not start a useless jingo dance over this.

Actually not!

Calling UK aid was peanuts was boorish, India could have politely refused.

Also nothing wrong in what Obama said, GOI is overreacting unnecessarily.

Why such impulsive reaction.. big hue & cry about it? It's not as if Obama says something & we are obliged to follow! Water off a duck's back... let it be! As US elections are getting closer.. Obama is going to blurt out more & more rhetorics. Immature Indian media.. just starts jizzin in their pants as soon as there is a reaction from US hierarchy..

Obama was right . This is also an example of media sensationalism at its best . India Inc. did not say this .

Obama was just giving his opinion anyway on questions that were asked from him . He wasn't really dictating anything to anyone .

This false jingoism is not needed. Indians need to see President Obama's views as constructive criticism and should take it in the right spirit. Atleast from what I have seen in the news in the past 24 hrs, Pres. Obama was in news wrt India for the following.

1. Criticism on lack of reforms
2. He spoke about fixing the issue with dual use technology knowledge sharing with India - remember US does not share dual use technology with many of the closest allies.
3. His reiteration that Kashmir is a bilateral issue and any country from outside will not interfere with Kashmir solution.

If you take all the 3 messages together or just the first message in isolation, Pres. Obama is only supportive of India.

I think India simply shouldnt have replied or directed any statement towards Obama.....we just got to do, what we got to do...and be busy with that...we shouldnt listen to obama or anyone for that matter, but there is no need to say something about it.

Nothing is gained or lost with this statement...but we could have played it even finer if we wouldnt have said anything........moreover....let us ask to ourselves for a moment honestly...what was wrong that he said ?? we do need reforms in our policies and even our ministers and policy makers agree to this. Lets not start a useless jingo dance over this.

Dear All,

Irrespective of the intentions of Obama or any one for that matter, they have no right to speak about internal matters like policydecisions in another country. How would the Americans react if we start speaking about their economic decisions and tell them what to do? Anyways it seems Obama time to time runs off his mouth unnecessarily. It was in 2009 i think he spoke of some police officer's conduct in arresting a black scholar.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom