What's new

India eyes Pakistan for access to Afghan mine bonanza

^^ It is not that simple!

India dose not have his birth right on Afghan minerals, neither does Afgahn warlords have any right on any inch of Afghanistan.

Its time Pakistan shall take its rightful share!!

Ok... now you come to the point... you want pakistan's share....you could have taken it when your talibani puppets were in their heinous glory....Unfortunately those dumba$$es didn't even know that metal comes out of rocks... for them the only metal available was from scrap soviet tanks I guess?

First off Its not a direct trade between India and Pakistan, here you are asking for transit, both are altogether different from each other, please don't mix them. Secondly it is clearly mentioned in the article that why a transit needed so please don't present your need a favor for others.

Pakistan will surely going to charge a huge transit fee instead of Iranians who are giving better deal. and if we utilize Afghans export for Western India like our Major Port Mumbai, i think the price tag as well as distance won't matter a much through Chabahar. Pakistan's transit can only helpful in Northern India.

If Astan has minerals to offer...Why not exploited by the nations on this side of the world?

Does Pakistan has a say on Afghan Minerals?

Apparently, Pakistan does not have a say even on Pakistan minerals but its time Pakistanis wake up and stop this high way robbery.

It is Pakistanis who have been paying interests on IMF loans,, its about time if Indians want diamonds and gold to transfer through Pakistan,,, hidden under iron ore.. they shall pay in advance the the amount of loans and interest already paid by Pakistan and related charges.

Anyhow,, world bank has always objected Pakistan, when ever it tried to take up minerals project.
I hope world bank will ask for your audit as well,, when you are taking minerals out of a country which is living as refuges in Pakistan.

Ok... now you come to the point... you want pakistan's share....you could have taken it when your talibani puppets were in their heinous glory....Unfortunately those dumba$$es didn't even know that metal comes out of rocks... for them the only metal available was from scrap soviet tanks I guess?

This is exactly the attitude Indians should take and Pakistanis will immediately open all routes to their terrorist camps aka consulates in Afghanistan

BATMAN raised a very valid point, giving access route to india for mining in Afghanistan would be damaging for Pakistan and its mining.

The peanuts we will earn in the form of transit fee from india can also be earned from China, so why not encourage Chinese presence and investment in Afghanistan. China is also technically more superior in mining and has its pockets filled with $$. Chinese presence would also be helpful in countering yank-bania alliance in Afghanistan, and to neutralize and end their dirty game in our Balochistan province.

BATMAN raised a very valid point, giving access route to india for mining in Afghanistan would be damaging for Pakistan and its mining.

The peanuts we will earn in the form of transit fee from india can also be earned from China, so why not encourage Chinese presence and investment in Afghanistan. China is also technically more superior in mining and has its pockets filled with $$. Chinese presence would also be helpful in countering yank-bania alliance in Afghanistan, and to neutralize and end their dirty game in our Balochistan province.

I'm against any foreign presence...

Contracts shall be awarded only to Pakistanis, with condition that all profit stays in Pakistan!

I think at the present conditions, it is very dangerous to have such an agreement with Pakistan.
Look at the fate of NATO trucks..People there have got used to living on looted things.

I think at the present conditions, it is very dangerous to have such an agreement with Pakistan.
Look at the fate of NATO trucks..People there have got used to living on looted things.

How would iron ore would help people in living? or you would be hiding gold ore under iron ore?

Those trucks belong to ANP, which have relations with Indians.

No one knows who is the profiteer.. but for sure no individual would risk his truck.

Perhaps, the whole firing of trucks carrying goods to Afghanistan is to scare away the individuals.. so that mafia may continue, as it wish.

loll i can see how much pakistanis understand buisness. india ihas bought this iron ore and ivesting in afghan for many reasons. we can ship it into our country and our industries can use it. afghan labour is cheaper than indian and it will also help afghan economy and provide jobs to 1000s. its in everyones favour except the ones who own this website. in the end the profit will be indian but the jobs and economic expansion will be for afghan.

I'm against any foreign presence...

Contracts shall be awarded only to Pakistanis, with condition that all profit stays in Pakistan!

Pakistan can barely manage it's own resources, forget mining in Afghanistan, apart from that every sane afghan is suspicious of pakistan due to it's taliban alliance which unleashed hell on afghans for a decade and blew them back to the stone ages.

Yank -bania alliance at-least is not as dangerous as the mullah-isi alliance that wrecked havoc on civil liberties and cleansed ethnic minorities from afghanistan.

Apparently, Pakistan does not have a say even on Pakistan minerals but its time Pakistanis wake up and stop this high way robbery.

It is Pakistanis who have been paying interests on IMF loans,, its about time if Indians want diamonds and gold to transfer through Pakistan,,, hidden under iron ore.. they shall pay in advance the the amount of loans and interest already paid by Pakistan and related charges.

Anyhow,, world bank has always objected Pakistan, when ever it tried to take up minerals project.
I hope world bank will ask for your audit as well,, when you are taking minerals out of a country which is living as refuges in Pakistan.

You want us to pay for you pakistani IMF loans which you use to buy f16's and chinese missiles???? u need some coffee mate

This is exactly the attitude Indians should take and Pakistanis will immediately open all routes to their terrorist camps aka consulates in Afghanistan

This entire transit is for confidence building measure between india and pak, we might as well take chabahar route and you wont even get the transit dime...

This goes to show indians that they are cut off from central asian resources by Pakistan. No amount of cabahar port will make it feasible.

Knowing how indians work in such case, they will involve US/US companies in the venture and will try to use them for getting transit access. If I am not mistaken US already made some statement in regards to transit access for india.

India has finalized a plan to build a 900 km long railway line from Bamiyan Province in Afghanistan to Chabahar port. An Indian steel consortium led by Steel Authority of India Limited has landed an exploration contract in the Hajigak coal fields located in the Bamiyan Province 130 km west of Kabul. This region is believed to have iron ore reserves of around 1.8 billion tonnes containing around 62% ferrous iron worth $3 Trillion according to Afghan-Soviet studies of the region in the 1960s.

this was just an offer to pakistan by india that if they allowed to pass our shipments from their land it could improve relations. if their govt rejects we r building a 900km railway track. we dont need them. both iran and afghan have signed a deal with india already and they have bowed infront of india and agreed on all terms. moreover the chahbahar port is developed by india for our needs and exports and to ensure oil suppy to india from iran. work on roads has already started.

Chah Bahar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This goes to show indians that they are cut off from central asian resources by Pakistan. No amount of cabahar port will make it feasible.

Knowing how indians work in such case, they will involve US/US companies in the venture and will try to use them for getting transit access. If I am not mistaken US already made some statement in regards to transit access for india.

this just shows that pakistan is a country that doesnt want the region to develop. but we r smart ppl so we have found our ways to develop. it would really hurt pakistanis when india starts importing gas through sea from iran as their dreams will be shatterred and thrown out of the deal.

Even if India decides to use Chabahar port, Pakistan can block Indian ships going to Chabahar in an event of a war. :whistle: I guess it all depends on Pakistan, Indians. :P

Back
Top Bottom