SetHeight800-Facade.jpg

5439372848_e2d8d449ae_b.jpg

IMG_5326.jpg

536310370_0cdc24ce7d_b.jpg

4979325916_743da17344_b.jpg

4978715819_1353be89b0_b.jpg

4919124408_8eb83882aa_b.jpg

6135507152_1c7018b915_b.jpg

No offense, reminds me of Pak. cities. A touch of Karachi, a hint of Lahore from the 80's ?

• :offtopic: "According to recent news reports, 1.65 lakh new IT jobs could be created in India this year, bettering trade body Nasscom’s earlier projection of 1,50,000. "

That's a lot!

IT majors on hiring overdrive - Times Of India

Inversely, India's Urban Poor, Slumdogs or Ghetto folks specially if Muslim are amongst the most marginalised people in India. The bottom-up boom of India is well caught by this doc. re: a muslim, slum ragpicker family from Calcutta ghetto is well worth analysing re: gangsters, business, family progress and development:

Part I

[video]India's Urban Poor, Slumdogs or Ghetto [/video]

Part II is a killer ...

very interesting vedios

Last edited by a moderator:
self delete

ve5s.jpg

8803679333_c6757401fc_b.jpg

^^

All that empty space.

It hurts to see all those low rises surrounded by mid-rise towers on the periphery.
I thought proper planning implied the exact opposite with super-talls and high rises in the middle with tower height tapering all the way to the sea.

Last edited:
Cute Arab Girl & Singing Bollywood Song
------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
ve5s.jpg

8803679333_c6757401fc_b.jpg

^^

All that empty space.

It hurts to see all those low rises surrounded by mid-rise towers on the periphery.
I thought proper planning implied the exact opposite with super-talls and high rises in the middle with tower height tapering all the way to the sea.
Navi Mumbai is not done yet. Its population is around 1.5 million. It was originally designed to accomodate something like 4 million people. So it will grow much more soon and all those empty spaces will slowly get filled. Mumbai is saturated with people and smaller Thane is also already getting crowded. Navi Mumbai's growth spurt has barely started, (its population doubled in last decade). Keep watching over next two-three decades

Last edited:
This is such an OLD thread started in Jun 2009 and it is still open.....

An Indian user below will agree that this thread is OLD :

If you had some grey matter in your brain , you would have understood the difference between a thread which is being continually updated every day how old it is and a dead thread reopened after 6 years .

Greater fool who?

Greater fool thee for feeding troll.
  • JCB put up world's largest backhoe tractor plant near Delhi recently.

1000px-Backhoe_Loader.png

Unbelievable Infosys offices in Pune
--------------------------------------------------

ECC_@_Infosys_Pune_Phase2_SEZ.jpg

Look carefully down the center a little to the right above, and a peek sneak of the below bldg. Cafeteria?

uba-25.jpg

Compare the above IT led Development to Pune's Traditional main st. or 'downtown'.

7657928244_9fea3ab2f2_o.jpg

And finally, I couldn't help think that the babu or clerk type IT and Industrial world of southern India has today evolved to the same old school English style industrial revolution eco-system specifically re: IT & engg. The Global clientele, parliamentary sensibilities ;) , enough excess wealth and capital vis-a-vis nominal funding needs of the new age IT world, reasonable intellectual nucleus, substantial Indian ownership and control of the new 'shipping lanes' of worldwide internet fiber highways, moderate cross-links and pollination with Silicon alley and other Global hi-tech regions to really take-off.

My analysis says that the past 25 yrs. of the Indian IT boom were kid stuff compared to what's coming up because while conservative Indians have picked the low-hanging fruit, said fruit and many locally groomed $ multi-million hits have whetted the appetite for
truly ingenious future. Think an android app. for guesstimating gold veins or oil and gas paydirt.

Why The Industrial Revolution Happened
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HiLwJpY4dFk

Last edited:
Indian IT Co.'s have built up huge cash reserves. Top 4 have almost $ 10 Billion. # 1 TCS alone is valued around $ 80 Billion.

IT must be the Indian economy's engine powering all other sectors. Indian Co.'s are poised for a boom. An enriching economy.

For eg. Tata Steel is over 100 yrs. old yet is worth $ 25 Billion approx. TCS is less then 1/2 in age, founded '68.

I'm wondering if India's new age IT sector isn't the biggest chunk of the economy now. It's already bigger then the other biggies of agro., steel, coal and auto for sure. anyone?
Wiki says about $ 100 Billion, or about 7.5 % of the economy. That's huge. IT is asset light sector. IT is also large margin business in the Indian context. So $ 100 Billion IT export's add the equivalent to 10-25 times in PPP terms (specially in terms of bricks, mortar and labour re: construction industry), so
  • IT industry pours $ 1 Trillion to 2.5 Trillion/yr. to the Indian economy in real, tangible purchasing parity terms like brick, mortar & labour terms.

• Remittances of about $ 100 Billion add another $ 1 Trillion to 2.5 Trillion/yr. to the Indian economy in the above brick, mortar & labour terms. Total of above:

~ 2 to 5/2, $ 3.5 TRILLION year-on-year!

• Pharmaceuticals, Diamonds and crude oil refines exports grow with no end in sight.
All are sun-rise type sectors.

I hope more of this goes into real - estate. Why real-estate? Well, India's biggest deficit is infrastructure (bricks, mortar and labour) and I think real-estate is directly linked to infrastructure.

This is it then, like someone said - IT is India's oil & gas :cool: !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom