Delhi Metro:

32658643.jpg

82910140.jpg

DFC UPDATE

Eastern Freight Corridor between Mughalsarai-Sonenagar is almost complete:

9023364568_28c8f9bc21_b.jpg

9021133583_4495e74f5a_b.jpg

9023358538_b310ab7833_b.jpg

Wonder why they've called it a Freeway. We in India tend to use non-standard terms like Expressway, Express highway and now Freeway!

LOL true that. In the case of Bombay city, signal-free corridors on the eastern and western coasts have always been referred to in the press/MMRDA/MSRDC as 'freeway'. The Bandra-Worli sea link for example is part of the (proposed) Western Freeway system.

I couldn't agree with you more about standardising widely used confusing terminology. Australian/American west coast and British terms like 'freeway' and 'motorway' (resp) should be done away with completely. I don't know about you guys, but I think the term 'expressway' is best suited for our country.

LOL true that. In the case of Bombay city, signal-free corridors on the eastern and western coasts have always been referred to in the press/MMRDA/MSRDC as 'freeway'. The Bandra-Worli sea link for example is part of the (proposed) Western Freeway system.

I couldn't agree with you more about standardising widely used confusing terminology. Australian/American west coast and British terms like 'freeway' and 'motorway' (resp) should be done away with completely. I don't know about you guys, but I think the term 'expressway' is best suited for our country.

Australia(NSW) has a system where all the access controlled highways are called motorways, but once they become toll free, they are called "Freeways".

Everyone seems to be confused. :lol:

Australia(NSW) has a system where all the access controlled highways are called motorways, but once they become toll free, they are called "Freeways".

Everyone seems to be confused. :lol:

Haha and then the Americans add to the confusion by using terms like 'Parkway' and 'Interstate'

CC :Coolguyz Skyscrapercity

Mumbai Airport

p35g.jpg

I have a feeling that Mumbai airport is going to break all records in the Aviation industry. Not only it will defeat the best airports like Changi etc will generate more revenues and more passenger traffic. Its going to be a marvel for India. It will win more design awards than any other airport. The best in class or maybe setting a class of itself. Atleast looks like that right now.

Back
Top Bottom