What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

1ndy that bridge you posted what is that dude? looks proper modern is that going to be built in India?

civil.jpg

^^^A pilot project by the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee :smitten: Has anyone seen this kind of bridge??? ;)

May be you don't know about this...! But this brigde is not as what you said..!

This pic is of Falkirk Wheel from scotland.... Kindly Edit post..!

Thanks..!

Falkirk Wheel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And here is a same small bridge that I see everyday :woot:

Mayawati is going nuts totally, entire Lucknow is dug up for renovation which includes better sewage system and underground communication and electrical systems.

UP Power Projects

Parek Aluminex -- 250 MW
Creative Thermolite Chitrakoot -- 600 MW
NTPC Meja -- 1320 MW
LANCO:
Bhognipur -- 1320 MW
Anpara -- 1860 MW
Bajaj Hindusthan:
Lalitpur -- 1980 MW
Chitrakoot -- 1980 MW
Jaiprakash Power:
Bara Thermal Power Project -- 1980 MW
Karchana Thermal Power Project -- 1980 MW
Neyveli Lignite Power Project -- 1980 MW
Reliance:
Rosa Power Project -- 2400 MW
Dadri Power Project -- 7480 MW

Total --- 25130 MW

UP plans megapolis along Yamuna Expressway

In an out of-the-box way of policy-making which creates an urban zone 10 times the size of Noida, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to convert the entire rural belt along the Greater Noida-Agra expressway into an urban zone, making it the biggest such plan attempted in India. The Mayawati government issued a notification on Monday bringing 1,187 villages spanning six districts along the Yamuna Expressway under the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority, cutting short a process that would otherwise have taken years.
In terms of size, this will be bigger than Greater Noida or Delhi, its nearest competitors. The decision is expected to prevent the haphazard growth of urban sprawls on the flanks of new highways. The state government has decided to notify an area of 10-15 km on the left of the almost-finished Yamuna Expressway and up to the river Yamuna on the right side, for “organised and well planned development”.

Uttar Pradesh principal secretary (industrial development) VN Garg told FE that this is one of the most ambitious efforts of the state government in transforming a rural area into an urban one, which will also serve as a corridor for industrial and infrastructural development. “At present, it is a transitional phase and the evolution from rural to urban will take time, but we see immense scope of growth in this area. In fact, some of the work has already started. The construction of Agra Ring Road is in progress, the Formula One racing track is getting ready for 2011 championship, plans for developing five townships along the Expressway are in progress and a lot of urban development work is being carried out by the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority, including the setting up of a gas-based power plant. Such large-scale activities take their time, but progress has been steady,” he said.

Mayawati’s plan ensures a far higher rate of compensation to farmers for their land, as these will now be classified as urban areas. An integrated development plan will also offer industry the chance to make a long-term assessment of the potential of the entire stretch and the state government assured of rising revenues for a long time, as the area turns into either a complex of small bustling industrial cities or one large metropolis.

The plan will cover approximately 2,36,682 hectares in 1187 villages, (131 in Gautam Budh Nagar, 40 in Bulanshahr, 105 in Aligarh, 420 in Maha Maya Nagar, 431 in Mathura and 60 in Agra).

The infrastructure building along the expressway may also trigger further private development and buttress the state government’s plans to set up an international airport at Jewar.

“This is perhaps one of the most imaginative projects to come up in the country. What’s more important, at one go, the specifics of an area of 2,36,682 hectares with a population of about 20,96,860 will be changed. If everything goes according to plan, the future is mind-boggling and the result worth watching over a period of time,” said another official associated with the project. He said this project is almost 10 times bigger than Noida.

However, putting to rest fears that farmers will have to forgo their land for this ambitious project, Garg completely ruled out the acquisition of land in this notified area and said that the purpose is to have a “planned development for industrial and infrastructure purposes and farmers need not be apprehensive about their land. On the contrary, such development will add value to their land,” he stated.

However, there are detractors who have already started voicing concerns over such a vast tract of rural, agrarian land turning urban as also of an urban, industrial area which is yet to have any of the urban facilities. There are also concerns of the rural economy being shattered and food security. But for all this, the state government’s only response is that urbanisation is the only way to the future. “With a growing population, transition from rural to urban is the only way forward and what we are aiming is to do so in an organised, planned manner, with phased activities,” added Garg.

:cheers:

Proposed Smart city
smart-city-kochi-design.jpg

Cochi Metro rail project
kochi-metro-rail-project-model.jpg

Heera Dreams Trivandrum
29e3yps.jpg
heera1.jpg

Low floor City buses in Kochi
low-floor-buses.jpg
morejnnurm.jpg

Last edited:
Well done India, I am suprised to see that India has come this far from poverty.

Still we have issue of poverty ... which is because of no-development or less-development of some particular area in country and corruption.

By developing tier II and Tier III cities government is trying to reduce responsibility of development/growth from Tier I/ Metro cities and giving more exposure to people in that region to become part of growth.

Very sure one day we will get rid of poverty and corruption .. I am counting on young generation of Indians ....

Still we have issue of poverty ... which is because of no-development or less-development of some particular area in country and corruption.

By developing tier II and Tier III cities government is trying to reduce responsibility of development/growth from Tier I/ Metro cities and giving more exposure to people in that region to become part of growth.

Very sure one day we will get rid of poverty and corruption .. I am counting on young generation of Indians ....
I am sure the younger generation will do a great job, for the most part in Britian they are treating the youngsters over here as slaves to the economy, I hope one day I would go to Bangladesh and live there, God willing the political corruption ends.

I am sure the younger generation will do a great job, for the most part in Britian they are treating the youngsters over here as slaves to the economy, I hope one day I would go to Bangladesh and live there, God willing the political corruption ends.

I have also same dream. I want to get back to India (missing Mumbai)
. End of corruption will bring end to our 90% problems....

Good post..I also pray for your country and its people.

BTW first genuine Bangladeshi here...:what:

Back
Top Bottom