What's new

India deploys 36,000 extra troops on Chinese border

Indian Army Brigadier General Darshan Khullar (rtd) on the failure of 1962 and the effect of the Hindu mentality on fighting effectiveness. Taken from his book "The State of the Army in 1962"

Thestateofthearmy001.jpg

Thestateofthearmy002.jpg

Thestateofthearmy003.jpg

Thestateofthearmy004.jpg

Thestateofthearmy005.jpg

Why too much Dirty talk on this simple issue..
india and china had claim on unsettled border.
both started patroling the unsettled border and small skirmishes occured.
Nehru thought this will not lead to a war and continued his forward policy but he refused to make weapons or prepare for a possible war.signals from china also were that there wont be a war..so he endorsed india china bhai bhai..
but naturaly skirmishes lead to war india lost some territory.. i guess china came 40km inside.
Nehru called for american support and they intervened.
same time china called a cease fire and withdrawn 20km back.
NOW WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO COUNTER A MILITARY IMBALANCE ON BORDER AND THE MENTIONED TROOP BUILDUP IS PART OF THAT. IT IS NOT TO ATTACK BUT TO DEFEND. WE HAVE EVERY REASON TO SUSPECT CHINA BECAUSE LITTLE IS KNOWN ABOUT CHINESE CAPABILITIES, CHINA HAS A CLAIM ON ARUNACHAL WHERE WE HAVE A DEMOCRATICALY ELECTED GOVT, WE SEE HEAVY MILITARY BUILDUP ON CHINESE SIDE OF BORDER.

Why too much Dirty talk on this simple issue..
india and china had claim on unsettled border.
both started patroling the unsettled border and small skirmishes occured.
Nehru thought this will not lead to a war and continued his forward policy but he refused to make weapons or prepare for a possible war.signals from china also were that there wont be a war..so he endorsed india china bhai bhai..
but naturaly skirmishes lead to war india lost some territory.. i guess china came 40km inside.
Nehru called for american support and they intervened.
same time china called a cease fire and withdrawn 20km back.
NOW WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO COUNTER A MILITARY IMBALANCE ON BORDER AND THE MENTIONED TROOP BUILDUP IS PART OF THAT. IT IS NOT TO ATTACK BUT TO DEFEND. WE HAVE EVERY REASON TO SUSPECT CHINA BECAUSE LITTLE IS KNOWN ABOUT CHINESE CAPABILITIES, CHINA HAS A CLAIM ON ARUNACHAL WHERE WE HAVE A DEMOCRATICALY ELECTED GOVT, WE SEE HEAVY MILITARY BUILDUP ON CHINESE SIDE OF BORDER.

Stop believing in the lies, ask your government to release the henderson brooks–bhagat report on the 1962 war. These were written with the help brave and honest Indian generals. P S Bhagat was a WWII VC winner.

Chinese leaders said that china has no claim on indian territory. I guess the problem was china believed a

Look Jackdaw I know you're reading this thread and straining your little head to come up with a response, but I can't wait around anymore. Whatever you mash out with your knuckles on the keyboard, I'll just have to read it the nexttime I'm on.

Chinese leaders said that china has no claim on indian territory. I guess the problem was china believed a

Complete sentences please.

Sorry i didn't notice.
i believe china believed aksai chin is theirs and india thought china agreed with indian view that aksai chin is our's.
the major problem caused is indian giving place to dalilama from that incident china thought india is going to claim or support tibeten freedom fight.

I don't know what is the point of this thread. The Chinese are far ahead of us militarily and even our own service chiefs have accepted that. China already has built a superb infrastructure with roads and railway lines coming all the way up to the LoAC. What's wrong if India does the same thing?

In any case, India has neither the intention nor the capability to be the aggressor upon China. We are only interested in defending our territory or rather let me say the territory we believe is ours until the dispute is settled amicably..

I think we can solve this by india and china withdrawing claims on aksai chin and arunachal respectively.

same news getting recycled again and again for past 1 and half year at an interval of every 2 months as if GOI want to remind india can hold in case of flare up.Or is it like repeating 36000 numbers make GOI feel safe in Delhi bunkers.

Sorry i didn't notice.
i believe china believed aksai chin is theirs and india thought china agreed with indian view that aksai chin is our's.
the major problem caused is indian giving place to dalilama from that incident china thought india is going to claim or support tibeten freedom fight.

A rough switch may be what will happen but the Indian government has never authorized anyone change the border line that they unilaterally claim. This is the reason why there haven't been negotiations where treaties can be signed just "talks".

China has been ready to negotiate since 1959 and it still is.

A rough switch may be what will happen but the Indian government has never authorized anyone change the border line that they unilaterally claim. This is the reason why there haven't been negotiations where treaties can be signed just "talks".

China has been ready to negotiate since 1959 and it still is.

what do you think chinese position is ?
is govt ready to accept ALOC as IB ?

Look Jackdaw I know you're reading this thread and straining your little head to come up with a response, but I can't wait around anymore. Whatever you mash out with your knuckles on the keyboard, I'll just have to read it the nexttime I'm on.

I don't really need to strain to cite facts and don't e-stalk me. It is creepy.

Sorry i didn't notice.

Hosting Dalai Lama has no effect on Chinese policy at all.

Just check out the map of China for last 100 of years and how they are adding more territories to their country. They are essentially an expansionist power.

Back
Top Bottom