What's new

India deployed N-capable missiles on border after attack on Parliament: Con

Che Guevara

Reaction score
WASHINGTON: India had deployed nuclear-capable missiles on its western border and refused to budge under US pressure to hold any talks with Pakistan after the 2001 attack on its Parliament by terrorists from across the border, says former top American diplomat Condoleezza Rice.

And what added to the tension in the White House's Situation Room in December 2001 was the sharp differences between the Pentagon and CIA about the ground realities in South Asia, she writes in her memoir 'No Higher Honor' that is set to hit the stands next week.

While CIA was informing the White House that India was on its way to war, the Pentagon was concluding that it was not the case, Rice, who then was National Security Adviser to President George W Bush, said.

In fact, Rice writes that CIA was speaking the language of Pakistan, which wanted the entire world to believe, in particular the US, that India was ready to attack them.

"The CIA believed that armed conflict was unavoidable because India had already decided to 'punish' Pakistan. That is likely the view that Islamabad held and wanted us to hold too.

"The fact is that after years of isolation from India, a country that had viewed the United States with suspicion for decades, the CIA was heavily reliant on Pakistani sources in 2001," Rice says in her book.

During the eight years of the Bush administration, Rice served as both the National Security Adviser and Secretary of State. "Looking at the same events unfolding on the ground, the Pentagon and the CIA gave very different assessments of the likelihood of war," she said.
India deployed N-capable missiles on border after attack on Parliament: Condoleezza Rice - The Times of India

We must allways be ready in pakistan for any actions by Indians. We never know when they will punish all pakistanis and pakistan for the actions of a few psychos

We must allways be ready in pakistan for any actions by Indians. We never know when they will punish all pakistanis and pakistan for the actions of a few psychos

Why don't you yourself take the initiative and punish sucvh psychos in the first place.

Why don't you yourself take the initiative and punish sucvh psychos in the first place.

I would take any action that I could possibly take to prevent any unjust action. But I dont wake up thinking hey i need to check out indian security or any nations security. Thats what indian police and other agencies are for to take preventive action to protect india. Not just sit there blaming pakistanis as a whole and pakistani govt

I would take any action that I could possibly take to prevent any unjust action. But I dont wake up thinking hey i need to check out indian security or any nations security. Thats what indian police and other agencies are for to take preventive action to protect india. Not just sit there blaming pakistanis as a whole and pakistani govt

You can talk all gol-gol all through the day.

What you cannot do is change the fact that your citizens went to another country and slaughtered 200 people.

That's what you cannot change.

No amount of your empty rhetoric is going to change that.

There is a mess inside your country.

That mess is affecting others outside your country.

Here's the thing. Either you will clean up the mess or those being affected by this mess will.

Tomorrow if the son of a man killed by your countrymen in Mumbai blows up a hundred people in Karachi, you will not be any position whatsoever to condemn his action.

The mess has to be cleaned and it will be cleaned.

Either by you or by those affected by it.

Now it's your choice whom you want to be the one cleaning up the mess.

It's better if you do it yourself.

Indians were not guessing when they stated that the attackers were trained and facilitated by departments that come directly under the government of Pakistan. Getting the attackers would be akin to going for the bullet and not for the hand or the finger that triggered it.

It was all proven right when within months Hafiz Saeed was let go. And Condy Rice already states that Pakistani government had no intention of arresting him, till the pressure from the west became unbearable.

And you should not be denying any of this because all of us have seen how it goes in Pakistan. That Ishaq guy, responsible innumerable killings of Shia was let go simply because the authorities wanted him to "become a good man". Is that funny or what? Funny for me sure, I am neither a Muslim, nor a Shia.

The "good man" within a fortnight came out gave a hateful speech, and 50 Shia were massacred in Quetta. Arrested again, I can bet a million dollars that this man will never be taken to the gallows.

Then talk about that Qadri, who has mass support of not only of the poor and illiterate, but also of the elite and educated crowd in Pakistan. The same Pakistani government, rather than quieting down or arresting the supporters, facilitates the flight of the judge out of the country... It is not "giving in" to the extremists, it is being in cahoots with them. The quiet and lull exercised by the populace over the attacks on the judge and the prosecutor display the sympathy for Qadri harbored by the general people of Pakistan.

Then Talk about Osama, in whose favor mass rallies get organized, and not a single person is arrested. On top of that, Pakistan cries hoarse over sovereignty issues when a single quick operation is undertaken to take out the most wanted man on this planet. But the same Pakistan stays quiet and asleep over a very grave attack and mutilation of same sovereignty when some Afghans (Haqqanis), not only take over an entire district, but the whole agency and do not allow anyone to come in or go out while killing the local innocents mercilessly on daily basis.

With such sparkling records of the Pakistani state, what wrong would India do if it decides to 'punish' Pakistan for attacking the very center of the most important people in the country?

When it was the very duty of the government and the Establishment to avoid everything stated above, and they did not do so, then why single out the Parliament House attacks as an act of some psychos?

The only psychos, that at least I see, are in your intelligence agency because it is deliberately left not so organized as to come under direct supervision of the Army and the government.

And the Army, and the government, both are quite satisfied, rather happy, at the immunity this vague chain of command provides.

So, who do you think should be blamed for all that is happening... in Pakistan, and then seeping out everywhere else?

Ok After 26/11 also India deployed N-Capable missiles at Border. So what?

It will be wise on the Pakistanis' part to not rouse a sleeping elephant.

Trust me you don't want 1.2 billion people thirsting for your blood and that of your parents and of your sons and of your daughters on your borders.

Let's live like civilized people.

Your nukes will not be able to save you forever.

You don't want the sons and daughters of those killed in Mumbai blowing up in your markets in Karachi and Lahore.

You're not the only ones who know how to kill.

Don't rouse the sleeping elephant.

This is all I have to say.

^^i recommend u distance urself from this forum for sometime....i implore some amount of moderation in ur approach towards pakistan.

I do not think any opponent in our past or our future, will and can deserve the anger of Indians. We are not that kind of people.
We have always been a highly adaptable race and can adapt to turn almost any situation in our favor....Thats how we roll.:agree:

Indians were not guessing

It was all proven right when within months Hafiz Saeed was let go. And Condy Rice already states that Pakistani government had no intention of arresting him, till the pressure from the west became unbearable.

And you should not be denying any of this because all of us have seen how it goes in Pakistan. That Ishaq guy, responsible innumerable killings of Shia was let go simply because the authorities wanted him to "become a good man". Is that funny or what? Funny for me sure, I am neither a Muslim, nor a Shia.

The "good man" within a fortnight came out gave a hateful speech, and 50 Shia were massacred in Quetta. Arrested again, I can bet a million dollars that this man will never be taken to the gallows.

Then talk about that Qadri, who has mass support of not only of the poor and illiterate, but also of the elite and educated crowd in Pakistan. The same Pakistani government, rather than quieting down or arresting the supporters, facilitates the flight of the judge out of the country... It is not "giving in" to the extremists, it is being in cahoots with them. The quiet and lull exercised by the populace over the attacks on the judge and the prosecutor display the sympathy for Qadri harbored by the general people of Pakistan.

Then Talk about Osama, in whose favor mass rallies get organized, and not a single person is arrested. On top of that, Pakistan cries hoarse over sovereignty issues when a single quick operation is undertaken to take out the most wanted man on this planet. But the same Pakistan stays quiet and asleep over a very grave attack and mutilation of same sovereignty when some Afghans (Haqqanis), not only take over an entire district, but the whole agency and do not allow anyone to come in or go out while killing the local innocents mercilessly on daily basis.

With such sparkling records of the Pakistani state, what wrong would India do if it decides to 'punish' Pakistan for attacking the very center of the most important people in the country?

When it was the very duty of the government and the Establishment to avoid everything stated above, and they did not do so, then why single out the Parliament House attacks as an act of some psychos?

The only psychos, that at least I see, are in your intelligence agency because it is deliberately left not so organized as to come under direct supervision of the Army and the government.

And the Army, and the government, both are quite satisfied, rather happy, at the immunity this vague chain of command provides.

So, who do you think should be blamed for all that is happening... in Pakistan, and then seeping out everywhere else?

Sorry mate what you term as evidence would not stand up in fair court in the world. The burden of proof lies on the one making allegations. The burden is higher the more serious the allegation.

It will be wise on the Pakistanis' part to not rouse a sleeping elephant.

Trust me you don't want 1.2 billion people thirsting for your blood and that of your parents and of your sons and of your daughters on your borders.

Let's live like civilized people.

Your nukes will not be able to save you forever.

You don't want the sons and daughters of those killed in Mumbai blowing up in your markets in Karachi and Lahore.

You're not the only ones who know how to kill.

Don't rouse the sleeping elephant.

This is all I have to say.
I would suggest you to temper down your right-wing views when you come after a break. AN EYE FOR AN EYE MAKES THE WHOLE WORLD BLIND. We are the nation of Gandhi and will be guided by his principles till kingdom come.

Sorry mate what you term as evidence would not stand up in fair court in the world. The burden of proof lies on the one making allegations. The burden is higher the more serious the allegation.

I did not even talk about evidence.

Say, for a moment we take the Indian angle out.

Now let us talk about Malik Ishaq. I do not know whether he has killed even a single person with his own hands. But what do you say, is he not responsible for the murders of all the Shias that get killed right after his hateful speeches asking the people to target and not leave a single Shia alive?

He may not have killed anyone all by himself, but is he not the most responsible person for those deaths?

Now let us get back and bring in the Indian angle, and then tell me, do the unwritten orders (that you say cannot stand for evidence in any court of law) and instigation(s) on part of Hafiz Saeed, in asking his Lashkar recruits to attack India in whatever capacity, not put him as the most responsible person for the 26/11 attacks in India?

Apparently, those whom you are trying to defend simply want to kill unarmed innocents, irrespective of whether those innocents belong to India, or to Pakistan.

If we were to go by your statement that "evidence would not stand up in fair court in the world", then not a single person prosecuted in 1984 riots would have to face any court. But no, harm has taken place, some are very much responsible and the cases are legitimate. India is still not such an organized country where all the harmful elements can quickly be put away, but still the efforts show that such elements will not be tolerated.

I am not praising India or anything here, and the outcome of those cases attract more criticism than praise. I am simply trying for you to look at the such cases with the lens that I use - unbiased hunt for those who are the root cause of such mayhem.

I cited the case of Malik Ishaq only to help you shed the bias against Indians, because those who died in that case, are innocent Pakistanis.

But no evidence in any court can stand against him, right?

^^^^ yea but now you are saying that we should prosecute people for incitement. Which btw i dont have a problem with. But that is difficult because sometimes you have to weigh up freedom of speech. Difficult matters. But I suggest that our corrupt political leaders in india and pakistan sort this out between themselves. We can discuss here on forum but these evil acts are actually a failure of our politicacos

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom