What's new

India closest in defence ties with Russia: Putin (lists active projects)

naturally...India has been the most trusted buyer/partner for Rus for last many decades...even they transferred the tech we respected their intellectual property rights unlike others who started making the same product under their own name..shame on those ppl!

U are inviting a flame bait....
Some truths are never be told, cos all knows it...

If I was a Russian I would probobly be opposed to Putin these days due to his undemocratic nature, but as an outsider I am hoping he stays in power as long as he can, he has been nothing but good for Indo-Russian ties. Additionally he is well aware of the Pakistani activities regarding terrorism because of Russia's involvement in Afghan and Chechnya (where many fighters are trained in Pakistan) so in that sense India and Russia see eye-eye.

Good to get confirmation that Indians are actively working on the PAK FA as of now. Hope we see the MRTA flying soon as well.
Whats next?? Amur class submarine for Navy( really hoping it wins), Super sukhoi upgrade( I am waiting for further details on this), Kornet ATGM( hope we buy this instead of Javelin as it is cheaper and combat proven - has been proven to destroy advanced tanks like Abrams and Merkava ), Mi 26( clearly the more capable of the two choppers participating in the tender), Ka 226( My personal preference ).

I like israelies & americans hunger for technology ...
I like chinese for their hard working nature ...

dependable ally-russia all the way

Not the only country.

The modernization of the Indian army is looking quite bright and rapid.

Well technically, it has been 3 countries:

Russians, you guys and the French. :cheers:

I think the four of us have a common thinking for most of world issues and that's why all of us think alike independently.

What's the status of relations between you and the French? From what I read about the 6 Day War episode, the French had dumped you suddenly and after that you both don't get along. Is it true?

If I was a Russian I would probobly be opposed to Putin these days due to his undemocratic nature, but as an outsider I am hoping he stays in power as long as he can, he has been nothing but good for Indo-Russian ties. Additionally he is well aware of the Pakistani activities regarding terrorism because of Russia's involvement in Afghan and Chechnya (where many fighters are trained in Pakistan) so in that sense India and Russia see eye-eye.

That's not going to change even if leadership is changed. Defence ties are not built by an Individual and on the other hand are product of years of healthy relationship. I simply don't think any of that would change even if Putin is not in power. But yes, I wish he remains in power. I am one of his fan because he is the one who brought Russia out of the mess in the first place..

Well technically, it has been 3 countries:

Russians, you guys and the French. :cheers:

I think the four of us have a common thinking for most of world issues and that's why all of us think alike independently.

What's the status of relations between you and the French? From what I read about the 6 Day War episode, the French had dumped you suddenly and after that you both don't get along. Is it true?

I cant speak of the the French-israeli relationship in present terms but in WW@, the French despised the Jews as much as the Germans....in fact they actively aided in their expulsion and capture. Its not secret Hitler loved France after Germany. Today, things have changed of course and the French take great effort to protect the Jewish community from the any hate crimes.

My initial reaction : There goes all the plans of a new grand relationship between Ru-Cn-xxx down the drain.

To my indian friends : Let's not compare our relationship with Russia, Israel or French. All of them are special.

To Russian friends : :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

IMHO India and Russia might have close defense ties with each other, but surely they have not evolved to the same level of relationship when it comes to strategic relations.

IMHO India and Russia might have close defense ties with each other, but surely they have not evolved to the same level of relationship when it comes to strategic relations.

What are you saying ? They moved their strike corps closer to the Sino-Russian border during '71. They didn't press any sanctions on us. Rather the construction of Kudankulam Reactors gathered steam, The MKI deal was coming off.... etc etc.

What are you saying ? They moved their strike corps closer to the Sino-Russian border during '71. They didn't press any sanctions on us. Rather the construction of Kudankulam Reactors gathered steam, The MKI deal was coming off.... etc etc.

the reactors and super mki are all buyer/seller relations mainly just like with france only a lot more closer.
During 71, they did it, as they already had their issues with China.
Today we don't work closely on a large range of global issues which we should/could given the level of closeness among our defense sectors.

the reactors and super mki are all buyer/seller relations mainly just like with france only a lot more closer.
Today we don't work closely on a large range of global issues which we should/could given the level of closeness among our defense sectors.

Absolutely agree.

That's because we're forging our own way ahead....as an independent nation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom