What's new

India Begins $2.2-billion QR-SAM Procurement Effort

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
SR-SAM4-726473.jpg

The Indian government has cleared the way for a massive procurement effort for quick-reaction surface-to-air missiles (QR-SAMs) to arm eight air defence regiments of the Indian Army. The missiles are intended to replace obsolete Soviet air defence systems, most of which are unserviceable anyway.

As I reported a year ago, MBDA will be pitching the in-development Indo-French joint short-range surface to air missile (SR-SAM) or Maitri for the competition, in the hope that "enhanced synergies" will see a concept weapon get its big break even before its fully operational. It is not clear if MBDA will field any other product. I hear that MBDA has competition from the Rafael-IAI SpyDer, an upgraded version of Raytheon's MIM-23 Hawk or modified SLAMRAAM and the Russian TOR M1 9M330.

The Army, as I reported a year ago, is looking for a QR-SAM system with a reaction time of six seconds or less, with an engagement range of 9-15 km at altitudes of not less than 6 km. It's looking for a weapon that delivers a single shot kill probability (SSKP) of at least 70% for a single missile fired, and 85% for a salvo shot involving two missiles. The missile also needs to be able to threats moving at speeds ranging from 0 km/h (a hovering helicopter) to 500 m/s on fast jets. The Army is hoping for systems that deploy missiles that have ECCM capabilities and compatibility with vehicles currently in use. The full parameters are here.

Livefist: India Begins $2.2-billion QR-SAM Procurement Effort

Before Joining PDF, I was not aware that we spend so much money on Defense.....:toast_sign:

Sometimes Shiv Aroor writes sh1t ........ and he pretends that he has knowledge of the subject he is writing about..

Raytheon's MIM-23 Hawk .........really............an old obsolete sytem which has been phased out ............what a load of pigsh1t.......

Following systems would be probable candidates .......

1. IAI Spyder ADS
2. French CrotaleNG mk3
3. Russian Pantsir 57E6-E: S1

Anyother.........

Sometimes Shiv Aroor writes sh1t ........ and he pretends that he has knowledge of the subject he is writing about..

Raytheon's MIM-23 Hawk .........really............an old obsolete sytem which has been phased out ............what a load of pigsh1t.......

Following systems would be probable candidates .......

1. IAI Spyder ADS
2. French CrotaleNG mk3
3. Russian Pantsir 57E6-E: S1

Anyother.........

hawk and slamraam dont even fall in the category of short range quick reaction missiles.............MBDA will offer the vl-mica(maitiri is an independant drdo prjkt)"Maitri or SRSAM is an Indian programme with DRDO as the design authority and Indian industry the Production Agency for radars, launchers, C2 (Command and Control), missiles and system integration"
Milan, Exocet, Mistral and Now MICA are Linking MBDA and India.........
russians would propably offer the tor-m1(but china too has it)..............pantsir gun missile will be for an another rfi by IA
http://indianarmy.nic.in/writereaddata/RFI/46/rfi-i-280110.pdf

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom