What's new

India beautiful

PATTADAKAL_1430054g.jpg

PATTADAKAL: This group of eighth century monuments in Pattadakal, Karnataka, was built by the Chalukyas to commemorate their victory over the Pallavas. Photo: M. A. Sriram

NILGIRI_TRAIN_1430059g.jpg

NILGIRI PASSENGER: Built by the British in 1908, the Nilgiri Mountain Railway was originally operated by Madras Railway. Photo: Bijoy Ghosh

HAMPI_1430055g.jpg

HAMPI: The name Hampi comes from the river Pampa, an old name for the Tungabhadra. In its heyday, the city was the capital of the Vijayanagara empire. Photo: M. A. Sriram

TNJ30BIG_TEMPLE_1430056g.jpg

THANJAVUR: Popularly known as the Big Temple, the Brihadeeswara temple was built in 1010 AD by Raja Raja Chola I and turned 1,000 years old in 2010. Photo: R. Ashok

GANGAIKONDA_1430057g.jpg

GANGAIKONDA CHOLAPURAM: One of the three 'Great living Chola Temples', the Brihadeeswara temple at Gangaikonda Cholapuram was built to commemorate the victory of the Cholas over the Pala dynasty. Photo: Bijoy Ghosh

14_TNJ_JULY_DARASU_1430058g.jpg

DARASURAM: The third in the 'Great Living Chola Temples', the Airavateswara temple in Darasuram, Tamil Nadu, was built by Raja Raja Chola II. Photo: M. Srinath

MAMALLAPURAM_SEA_S_1430060g.jpg

MAHABALIPURAM: Once a bustling sea port under the Pallavas' reign, the modern city of Mahabalipuram was established by the British in 1827. Photo: S. S. Kumar

ARJUNA_9_1430061g.jpg

MAHABALIPURAM: This largest open air bas-relief, Arjuna's Penance or the Descent of the Ganges, is carved over two monolithic boulders. Photo: M. Karunakaran

Is it Almora?

You can see my school in this Picture. Thanks for posting. Yaad aate hain school ke woh din Jab hum befikar ho ke mauj liya karte the!!

You studied in Mussoorie? Lucky guy :D. Which school is it? I was born and brought up in Doon. Waise I heard ki Mussorie mein ek haunted Kabristaan hai jahan boarding school vale raat bitane jaate hain, for dare purposes. Is it true?

Valley of flowers is in Garwhal region, Tibet border is a stone's throw distance away. Almora is in Kumaon region nearer to Nepal.

You studied in Mussoorie? Lucky guy :D. Which school is it? I was born and brought up in Doon. Waise I heard ki Mussorie mein ek haunted Kabristaan hai jahan boarding school vale raat bitane jaate hain, for dare purposes. Is it true?

Valley of flowers is in Garwhal region, Tibet border is a stone's throw distance away. Almora is in Kumaon region nearer to Nepal.

No haunted place in Mussoorie. You can stroll around any time of day and will not feel scared at all.
If you do not believe me just go there and spend a night.. it's just less than an hour drive from Doon

No haunted place in Mussoorie. You can stroll around any time of day and will not feel scared at all.
If you do not believe me just go there and spend a night.. it's just less than an hour drive from Doon

Yaar mere ghar ke bagal mein hi hai :D. I have been there many times. Heard this story from a friend who was a student at Woodstock.

Back
Top Bottom