What's new

India backs palestinian bid for UN membership

Funny that you just mentioned Israel when there are so many other countries that are also victim of terrorism including a certain neighbour of yours.

Trade business is done between government dealing, doesn't affect the local population, unless you're one of those who base your judgements of countries by your government policies, which by that logic, I should be hating Israel then :lol:

With that being said, I don't have an issue though, everyone can have a favourite country :)

To understand that better and to add what Karan said, the Israeli's don't take $hit do they?? they hunt down those who target them and also go pre emptive actions. Geographically speaking they are a small country while India is a big Continental sized one. Look at our reactions to terror, always sheepish and never pro active. This is the main factor which endears them to us. Most people earn for such actions from our government which will never happen.

We don't have any reason to hate Israel.

India is a pretty friendly country.

Funny that you just mentioned Israel when there are so many other countries that are also victim of terrorism including a certain neighbour of yours.

Trade business is done between government dealing, doesn't affect the local population, unless you're one of those who base your judgements of countries by your government policies, which by that logic, I should be hating Israel then :lol:

With that being said, I don't have an issue though, everyone can have a favourite country :)

That "certain neighbour" is suffering from its own gamble gone horribly wrong. Nothing we can do about it. It is they who have to recognize their folly. But Israel like India is a victim of the policies of its neighbours.

Also as I have explained above trade and business can be there between any two countries - but when a country shares with you advanced tech like AWACS, SAMs etc we do like them. Same reason many of Indians like the USSR and Russia.

Thirdly as they say a friend in need is a friend indeed - they stood with us during one of our testing times in Kargil.

Fourthly I admire the no-nonsense way Israel deals with terrorists and the extent to which it goes to protect its interests and its citizens.

These are reasons many Indians think Israel is a role model for India.

To understand that better and to add what Karan said, the Israeli's don't take $hit do they?? they hunt down those who target them and also go pre emptive actions. Geographically speaking they are a small country while India is a big Continental sized one. Look at our reactions to terror, always sheepish and never pro active. This is the main factor which endears them to us. Most people earn for such actions from our government which will never happen.

I agree with those parts though, Israel has balls. Big time.

India, yes, from my side of the perch, looks pretty soft, I don't ever see them taking a hard stance against terrorism, the way China does. It's like bomb blast happens one day, next day life is back to normal and all is forgotten.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

We don't have any reason to hate Israel.

India is a pretty friendly country.

Not so friendly to a certain neighbour on the west though *cough*

But yes, personally, even I don't have a reason to hate Israel. I would rather the Malaysian government be neutral when it comes to such matters.

we should follow in Israel's footsteps and crush all external terrorist threats. Sayeret and Mossad are the 2 main reasons why Israel is safe. we need to do the same with RAW and the SOF's in our own country

Please dude.You make it sound as if India would've been defeated if Israel didn't show up.What kind of critical tech was transferred again?

UAVs that help pinpoint the terrorists holed up in the mountains and the hi-res sat pictures from their spy satellites @ real time.

Ofcourse we would not have been defeated. NO way these funny jihadi rabbits are going to defeat us. But just that it would have taken more resources, more time and ofcourse more men to achieve that.

And of course hearsay is that India is well prepared against the F-16s from our neighbour after extensive preparations with the Israeli Sufas. ;)

Not so friendly to a certain neighbour on the west though *cough*

But yes, personally, even I don't have a reason to hate Israel. I would rather the Malaysian government be neutral when it comes to such matters.

:lol: Forgot to mention that. But seriously though as long someones not messing with India, India is friendly to pretty much every country in the world.

I guess thats because we don't have the baggage of anti-Americanism brotherhood, or some religious brotherhood.

That "certain neighbour" is suffering from its own gamble gone horribly wrong. Nothing we can do about it. It is they who have to recognize their folly. But Israel like India is a victim of the policies of its neighbours.

Also as I have explained above trade and business can be there between any two countries - but when a country shares with you advanced tech like AWACS, SAMs etc we do like them. Same reason many of Indians like the USSR and Russia.

Thirdly as they say a friend in need is a friend indeed - they stood with us during one of our testing times in Kargil.

Fourthly I admire the no-nonsense way Israel deals with terrorists and the extent to which it goes to protect its interests and its citizens.

These are reasons many Indians think Israel is a role model for India.

Thanks man, I think this pretty much answers my question :)

Thanks man, I think this pretty much answers my question :)

I forgot to add -- the horrific incident of 26/11 where most of the victims were innocent Indians and the rest Israelis by cross border terrorists also played a part in this feeling of empathy :)

Serious question. Is there a reason why the local Indian population are so fond of Israel? Any cultural similarities or anything?

Israel is a friend of India. Hence the fondness.

Sections of India has cultural similarity with Pak. No fondness there. Cultural similarity not a driving factor.

"keep your good friends close" Israel is a good friend for sure having them on our side means hi tech defense equipment and TOT they even offered to sell us Arrow missiles we cannot betray them like this

"keep your good friends close" Israel is a good friend for sure having them on our side means hi tech defense equipment and TOT they even offered to sell us Arrow missiles we cannot betray them like this

What betrayal? Our position on Palestine is quite clear since decades(even the article mentions it). Israel was well aware of it when it started dealing with us and supposing if they had an issue with it we would've found someone else to do business with.Simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom