What's new

India and Commonwealth Games.. will india show its power??

Do you think common wealthgames would make image of India as an upcomming power?

• Yes

Votes: 83 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 53 22.2%
  • Can't say

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • India already have an image of upcoming power

Votes: 86 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Latest Medal Tally

Country G S B Total
Australia 47 23 29 99
India 20 16 12 48
England 19 36 21 76
Canada 14 5 20 39
South Africa 7 5 6 18

seems England will take over India for the second place in a day or two.

seems England will take over India for the second place in a day or two.

Yes England is fast approching the second spot.let see much of the Indian boxing is yet to come. Then there are couple of hopefulls like Saina in badminton. Sania and Somdev made it to the final of tennis.

Yes England is fast approching Well, can't say, much of the Indian boxing is yet to come. Then there are couple of hopefulls like Saina in badminton. Sania and Somdev made it to the final of tennis.

actually, it will be useful only if they win gold..or else no matter how many medals they bring in these events (silver/bronze), England will take over...moreover we have lost chances in tennis and hockey,our best bet

India makes it into the Hockey final, after beating England 8-7 in the penalty shoot out. The scores were 3 - 3 even after the extra time. It will meet Australia in the Final.
86' ** Goal : Penalty Shoot out: Shivndra scores . India wins 8-7**

Goal is to nurture many more for London 2012: Lakshmi Mittal

Press Trust of India, Updated: Mon, Oct 11, 2010 19:58 IST
New Delhi: With players from the Mittal Champions Trust bagging 12 medals including five Gold in the Commonwealth Games so far, billionaire India-born businessman Lakshmi Mittal said the goal is to "prepare" and "nurture" many more such sports persons for London Olympics.

"I am delighted with the performance of Mittal Champions at CWG 2010 and am hopeful that under continued world-class professional guidance and care, they will emerge victorious on the Olympic stage as well. At MCT, our goal is to prepare and nurture many more such sports persons for London 2012," Mittal, Trustee of MCT, said in a statement.

Since November 2005, MCT has been grooming some of India's next generation of champions.

Set up by Mittal, Chairman and CEO, ArcelorMittal and his son-in-law Amit Bhatia, MCT's target is to promote India on the Olympic platform.

The Trust provides selected athletes with coaching, training centers, nutrition, physiotherapy and any other support they might need to compete in their sport.

Incidentally, Abhinav Bindra, country's first individual gold at the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, is also a product of the Trust.

In the current Games, five gold, five silver and two bronze medals have been won so far by the players sponsored by MCT in archery, wrestling and shooting.

Bhatia said the success of the MCT athletes has only strengthened their belief that India has tremendous talent and potential to take a lead in the international sporting arena.

"This was just the encouragement we needed to scale-up our preparation for London 2012," he said.

The statement said 17 sports persons, sponsored by MCT, are competing in categories like squash (Joshana Chinappa), archery (Bombayla Devi and Mangal Singh Champia), boxing (Dinesh Kumar, Akhil Kumar, S. Samoonta), wrestling (Yogeshwar Dutt, Narsingh Yadav, Geeta Kumari, Babita Kumari), shooting (Abhinav Bindra, Ronjan Sodhi, Lajja Gauswami, Suma Shirur, Heena Sidhu) and athletics (Srabani Nanda and Siddhant Thingalaya).

Source: NDTV

Wow, I hope TATA trust, Ambani Trust, Birla Trust, Jindal Trust etc etc
All also form their trusts.
This money will be peanuts for them, but great for our athletes.

Thumbs up Mr Mittal

Does any body know where I can see the full video of the opening ceremonies? I have searched Youtube but not much there.

The Links For opening Cermony -

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

Part 3 -

Part 4 -

Part 5 -

Part 6 -

Part 7 -

Part 8 -

Part 9 -

Part 10 -

Part 11 -

Part 12 -

Part 13[Last] -

Enjoy! :D

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

The Links For opening Cermony -

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

Part 3 -

Part 4 -

Part 5 -

Part 6 -

Part 7 -

Part 8 -

Part 9 -

Part 10 -

Part 11 -

Part 12 -

Part 13[Last] -

Enjoy! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So finally the New Zealand rugby team wooed the Delhi spectators with it Haka performance,public was overwhelmed and more overwhelmed were the NZ team watching the crowd response

Now many Delhities want to turn rugby players overlooking Cricket and Football

^rugby union is a great game:) The Wallabies and All blacks are doing a match in singapore i think to spread the game in asia.

For all those critics of the CWG

Here is what Sally Pearson, an Australian and the gold medalist in 100 meters huddles, has to say on CWG and on India

''I could never have envisaged anything like this happening,'' she said. ''It's been amazing. I cannot believe these Games have been pulled off like this. India has really surprised me - just how they've put the whole Games together. It's been amazing and it's been so much fun and so intense at the same time. It's a Games that I'll never forget.''

It is time India start thinking of bidding Olympics.....but without Kalamadi:P

Final medal Tally, India finish 2nd

Rank Nation Gold Silver Bronze Total
1 Australia 74 55 48 177
2 India 38 27 36 101
3 England 37 59 46 142
4 Canada 26 17 32 75
5 South Africa 12 11 10 33
6 Kenya 12 11 9 32
7 Malaysia 12 10 13 35
8 Singapore 11 11 9 31
9 Nigeria 11 10 14 35