What's new

India and Commonwealth Games.. will india show its power??

Do you think common wealthgames would make image of India as an upcomming power?

• Yes

Votes: 83 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 53 22.2%
  • Can't say

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • India already have an image of upcoming power

Votes: 86 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A.R.

BANNED
Reaction score
Commonwealth games are the great opportunity for India to show its economic power to the world... india will also try to prove itself an Eco-friendly nation....

will India be would be able to complete its aim???

govt is trying hard to improve the behavior of its citizens...

govt is spending money like water..

lets see a what happens....:smokin: few months are left....

New Delhi is beaming with pride to host the Commonwealth Games 2010. India's distinct culture, where the traditional is successfully combined with the modern, will make the Delhi Games special. Right now what you see and really experience are the infra structural changes that are taking place, to be honest, on daily basis. But now we even have news from across the country informing us about the preparation of athelets.

As in the words of Indian sports minister Suresh Kalmadi, "The colour, costumes, the traditions and heritage will be world class, the public will be welcoming and friendly and the flair of India is what will make the next Games really unique."

India will be only the third developing country to host the event after Jamaica in 1966 and Malaysia in 1998. This is only the second time the event will be held in Asia. The success of these games may also strengthen India's bid for 2016 Summer Olympics.

This will be the biggest multi-sport event conducted in the India. In past New Delhi has proudly experienced playing host to the Asian Games in 1951 and 1982 (Asiad). Preparations are in full swing Sand New Delhi is comfortably meeting all the target dates. Every venue event is getting ready for the important year.

The proposed dates for the Games are 3 - 14 October 2010 inclusive of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies.

The Delhi Games Village is to be constructed as a low rise medium development on a 40 acre site in the heart of the capital with a possible capacity for 8,500 athletes and officials. Existing and new stadium will be used to house the following sports:

The culture, infrastructure and sport all will be successfully combined to create yet another memorable experience for Commonwealth Games.

The 2010 Games will be staged in the heart of Delhi itself with existing venues and facilities being given a major facelift that includes construction of new venues like New Delhi games village.

It is a matter of great esteem for India to be recognised as the worthy host of the 2010 Commonwealth Games in its capital city, Delhi which is an opportunity to display the nation's significance on the world map. The country crowned as the next world’s super power is now ready for a new phase of its blooming image. Delhi, being the host city is undertaking an infrastructural face-lift as we speak.

The Commonwealth Games is a multinational event that is held every four years amongst all the commonwealth nations worldwide. 31 types of sports are played during this event with 71 teams coming from 53 different countries participate in the games. In 2010, India will be counted as 1 of the 3 developing countries following Malaysia and Jamaica that is given the golden opportunity to host the honoured multi-sport event.

The Delhi officials understand the fortune of economic, social and physical regeneration in the city that the event will bring with it. The games will facilitate increase in investment, urban renewal, transform landscape and create jobs for citizens of Delhi. One will notice a major boost in the tourism industry as it has been estimated that 2 million foreign tourists and 3.5 million local tourists will arrive at Delhi at the time of the Commonwealth Games. Tax incentives have been provided to construct hotel rooms so the city will be well equipped to handle the influx. Also, to enhance development and create jobs in the industry the government has extended a 5 year tax rebate.
Commonwealth Games India 2010

Transportation and infrastructure facilities in the city will also be hugely improved. Flyovers, broad roads, bypasses, a larger metro system, an improved Rail Bus Transport system and an efficient bus transport system. This will help ease traffic congestion and transportation in Delhi. Improved connectivity within India and outside India through air is also on the priority list. Lastly, new power plants to boost electricity supply, enhanced water distribution and improve waste management systems will add considerably to comfort levels of the tourists and citizens of Delhi.

Of course, what is most important the Games will leave behind significantly improved, first-rate sports amenities and conveniences that Indian sportspersons can use for generations. The legacy of the 2010 XIX Commonwealth Games in Delhi will help boost and motivate sportspersons and officials to create a sports culture as a part of the daily life in young India.
content-image-two.jpg
content-image-one.jpg

claridges-hotel.jpg
regent-continental.jpg

Of course India will try to project the best and show its power and potential to the world with the upcoming games.

If you've ever been to Delhi in the past 2-3 years, you would witness that the whole city is being transformed into a beautifully crafted city.

Metro has been extended to all the suburbs and NCR. Roads are being built, and bridges are being constructed. Trees are being planted everywhere and the whole city is being decorated like a newly wedded bride.

The pressure was not high in the initial stages but after the Beijing Olympics, the authority is under pressure to project their power like China did with Olympics.

Because of this over-optimistic designs and buildings were planned which the authority could not cope up with initially. But now things are looking to get back on track.

I hope everything goes well. If nothing, we'll get a beautiful city and a nice place to live in after these games. :smitten:

Prasar Bharti and Delhi 2010 to host World Broadcasters Meet from Friday

Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2010

NEW DELHI, 15 April 2010: Prasar Bharti and Organising Committee Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi will host the three-day Second World Broadcasters Meet for the rights holding broadcasters of the Games, to be held here in October, here from Friday.

Organsing Committee Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi Chairman Mr. Suresh Kalmadi, MP, said the Organising Committee and host broadcaster, Prasar Bharti, will update the international and national Rights Holding Broadcasters (RHBs) of the Games on all the broadcasting activities.

“We acknowledge the importance of the Rights Holding Broadcasters and place on record that the revenues earned from the sale of broadcast rights will help us repay the loan of Rs 1620 crore that we are getting from Government to conduct the Games,” he said.

“We shall appraise the RHBs of the arrangements we are making for them to ensure that they showcase the Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi to a world-wide audience,” Mr. Kalmadi said.

The First World Broadcasters Meet was held from October 26 to 28, 2009.

Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi

Shera_final%20master_13.jpg

i you indians want to remain in common wealth then so be it, but pakistan should really get off this stupid common wealth which shows that even today we are bounded by british colonialism.

I suspect these pictures are old since the games are right around the corner and I would think these venues would be close to being ready by now.

I suspect these pictures are old since the games are right around the corner and I would think these venues would be close to being ready by now.

They were from the end of last year.

But as you know as with everything in India.

There are delays lol .

They said they be ready by games so we will see.
I already see Add's for games so i can guess the new schedule is on track this time

fcuk this stupid common wealth

i you indians want to remain in common wealth then so be it, but pakistan should really get off this stupid common wealth which shows that even today we are bounded by british colonialism.

PAk history in the common wealth

Left in 1972, rejoined 1989;

suspended in 1999, suspension lifted in 2004;

again suspended in 2007, suspension lifted in 2008;

Well if that's your opinion then pak certainly has enough reason

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I like India's place in the common wealth , it helps boost relations with nations , i think India should be close to and benefit from.

Being a common wealth citizen also has some privilege's .

PAk history in the common wealth

Left in 1972, rejoined 1989;

suspended in 1999, suspension lifted in 2004;

again suspended in 2007, suspension lifted in 2008;

Well if that's your opinion then pak certainly has enough reason

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I like India's place in the common wealth , it helps boost relations with nations , i think India should be close to and benefit from.

Being a common wealth citizen also has some privilege's .

and what nations are really there in common wealth, only loads of african countries, only the important ones are australia, canada and britain itself, USA is there, NO, arabs are there big NO, egypt is there, NO even hong kong is not there, no body really cares about common wealth, we should leave common wealth, its like a stain.

Last edited:
LoL

no point in such a poll ,

I can guess which demographic will vote for what. regardless of reality

What a complete moron you are, you seem to have a baised opinion instilled in your mind and after voting yes, I wish I could go back and change it to no.

Back
Top Bottom