What's new

In Future we should get Gripen NG for our AF

Status
Not open for further replies.
BAF will go according to their requirements... Jets isn't any gadgets which gives a cool look... instead of going for 64 Su-27 you can buy a squadron Su-35 which gives you more teeth.... and easy to maintain instead large number old platforms....

Su-35 is more expensive. The Su-27SM2 are new built and shares some technology with Su-35. Weapons system and engines are of Su-35. This would be a great choice I think.

Su-27's are old. Su-35's are much better.

Su-27SM2 are 4.5 generation upgraded version of the Su-27S. Its new built, upgraded to 4.5 generation, shares a lot of technology with Su-35 including weapons system and engines and comes at $30m less than the price of Su-35. Its not a bad choice.

I have done some research on latest status of WS-10 engines. The modified WS-10A has been in production since 2010 I think and a later version WS-10B is in production since 2012. China is only dependent on Russian engines for older aircrafts that were designed for Russian engines (both Russian and Chinese air frames). The biggest problem now is production capacity. They cannot meet the demand for their own air force and for allies like Pakistan, so I am not sure how much non-ally countries like Bangladesh can hope for.

But the engines have matured and are in mass production and are flying everyday in at least several hundred planes.

So I think there is no reason for Bangladesh to look at Russia for fighter planes any more. Chinese engines are now a reality and they are as good as any. If they are good for PLAAF, they are good for BAF. Chinese technology and capability is on a steep rise, while Russian technology will improve much more slowly. Russian current and future dependence on India as their biggest arms customer is also a negative factor for Bangladesh.

So my opinion and vote is to look at China as our sole source for all future fighter plane purchase till something like ASEAN+ emerge and we have some other priority.

Here are some links to verify the information above:
http://www.china-defense-mashup.com/this-is-the-real-face-of-taihang-ws-10-turbofan-engine.html
Deterring China’s Fighter Buildup | Defense News | defensenews.com
http://www.defence.pk/forums/air-warfare/166085-j-11bs-ws-10-engine-3.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-air-force/42978-ws-10-taihang-ready-5.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/air-warfare/84838-new-j11bs-ws-10-engine-pics-4.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/chines...ass-production-j-11-ws-10-engine-video-2.html
F-16 versus J-10 :: F-16.net
Defense Updates: Recognize AL-31F and WS-10A engine differences in comparison
WS12 Turbofan
Shenyang WS-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
British expert believes that China Taihang aeroengine used American technology | WAREYE
China Defense Blog: Photos of the day, WS-10 Taihang turbofan.
China Replaces AL-31FN with WS-10A Turbofan Engines in J-10B Fighter Jet ~ Chinese Military Review
China Continues Testing J-10B Powered By Indigenous WS-10 Engine ~ Chinese Military Review
Chinese Air Power Thread 16 - Page 2 - Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums

^^^ China still cannot provide a heavy-weight fighter like the Su-27/30 series.

I really would like BD to be equipped with the Su-30/J-10B combo this decade. The 2 aircraft would be absolutely awesome duo and affordable in numbers of a couple of squadrons each.

^^^ China still cannot provide a heavy-weight fighter like the Su-27/30 series.

I really would like BD to be equipped with the Su-30/J-10B combo this decade. The 2 aircraft would be absolutely awesome duo and affordable in numbers of a couple of squadrons each.

Can we not get the Chinese copy of Su-30 with new Chinese engines? Its called J-16:
Chinese Counterfeiters Nail Another Russian Jet Fighter

And there is J11 with many new variants and one already in production with WS-10X variant, which is based on Su-27

My only concern with Russian planes is that we would be investing on a product platform and will get stuck with it for decades. And Indians may get a kill switch for Russian planes. Why not invest on a winning platform instead? And from a source that is known to be India's nemesis, a technology that India will never have any access to?

What the hell are they buying with a billion dollars??Come on.....Yaks can't cost that much.

Can we not get the Chinese copy of Su-30 with new Chinese engines? Its called J-16:
Chinese Counterfeiters Nail Another Russian Jet Fighter

And there is J11 with many new variants and one already in production with WS-10X variant, which is based on Su-27

My only concern with Russian planes is that we would be investing on a product platform and will get stuck with it for decades. And Indians may get a kill switch for Russian planes. Why not invest on a winning platform instead? And from a source that is known to be India's nemesis, a technology that India will never have any access to?

I am not sure that China would want to export these planes. After all the airframe is Russian and China may not want to upset the Russians too much.

Yes, I think there is a chance to India may be able to "neutralise" these planes but at least with the J-10B, BD would not put all it's eggs in one basket. It is worth it as it will be very useful at least against Myanmar and gives BD access to a superb fighter.

I am not sure that China would want to export these planes. After all the airframe is Russian and China may not want to upset the Russians too much.

Yes, I think there is a chance to India may be able to "neutralise" these planes but at least with the J-10B, BD would put all it's eggs in one basket. It is worth it as it will be very useful at least against Myanmar and gives BD access to a superb fighter.

If Chinese are not willing to sell equivalent planes like J11 or J16, only in that case I would recomment su-27/su-30 variants from Russia. But I am hoping that China would make some effort to bring Bangladesh fully in Chinese sphere of influence and offer us whatever we can afford to get.

Even if we get Russian planes, I am hoping that this will be the last batch.

A small under developed country like Bangladesh cannot afford to have two different countries for its aircraft source. It is ok now, since China may not be fully ready yet, but once China is fully ready in 5-7 years before the next purchase, we should move towards an all China platform.

:rofl:its Indian. Just like everything Indian it will break after 3 years. They still dont have a proper squadron MK1 and they are going for mk2...they have been working on it since the early 90s:lol:

What's so funny? Would it interest you to know the Rafale, Eurofighter and F-22 projects were all LONGER whilst being considerably better funded than the LCA ever was. Only an ignorant fool would turn their noses up at what India has done in the time period it has given all the restrictions imposed on the project.

But you keep laughing..................

What the hell are they buying with a billion dollars??Come on.....Yaks can't cost that much.

APC, Mi-17, 2 kind of Radars, Anti-tank Missiles, Automatic grenade launchers, BTR 80 plant will probably be financed by it too
And the deal got decreased to 500m i think, is that the case @Loki ?

Last edited by a moderator:
APC, Mi-17, 2 kind of Radars, Anti-tank Missiles, Automatic grenade launchers, BTR 80 plant will probably be financed by it too

No, it's still $1 billion.

$500 is for the nuclear plant deal.

If I am not wrong US want to build a good military relation with us. Now can we get US approval for Gripen NG components?

In BTR-80 plant, we can only maintain our BTR-80s or we can Newly produce too?

Gripen NG is not useful! :omghaha: who told you oil your own machine. :taz: Gripen use combo tech like indian su-30mki. By using combe tech you will get best perform.

Learn to speak/write in English before you discuss in an English language forum.

Your post above does not make sense.

If we start war with India Russia wont give us any weapons

Proof?

(If)! If we start war with mayanmar China wont give us weapons (If).

Proof?

In reality, in any war, the West will not supply weapons. Proof? Check history of most Muslim countries during war.

In war any weapon supplier hike the price tag of weapons very high. THINK 1st........

Apply that for Swedish case, think 1st.

Do you think we did not buy BVR missile in Future!...............We can make Gripen NG compatible with Russian, Chines almost any missile.

Did not buy in future? Learn English first.

Just buy buy buy after purchase there are also things will come too. Dont trust on one type of weapons, Russian and Chines tech are almost same, China copy Russia.

So? Does it change the fact that China is an independent political power, P5 UNSC member, manages a nuclear triad, and can produce and supply the entire spectrum of conventional and unconventional weapons?

What "tech" are you talking about? Provide specific names and examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom