What's new

In 7 years, the China story’s over

lol just ignore that guy. He has nothing but negativity about China and its people. Those catch words like slave labor, environmental destruction, etc, are routinely inserted in any articles that mention China. Most people even don't care about their poor neighbors, let alone those living across Pacific Ocean that have no affinity with them, emotional or cultural. Do they even know what slave labor means? Do they even care about those workers when they go shopping? Heck no.

It's nothing but prejudice. Prejudice is like drug that will satisfy one's self superiority. I simply ignore those people

It's not about caring for my "not so poor" neighbors or the slave laborers in China. I do not pretend i'm an altruist. It's more about exposing the ugly truth that is being sold as the "China miracle".

I've got more catchwords if you are interested. Let me know if the ostrich attitude passes so i can list it out for you. And for the record, most of the juiciest info about China i get from Chinese sites, then i just look for a reasonably reliable and verified link.

I will stick with what I believe is better for us. It is not like that we are the only major economy is get out of the financial crisis in one piece or something.

Fire up the money presses! Look what it says in one of the SCMP articles:

The days of belt-tightening are finally here

http://www.scmp.com/comment/insight-opinion/article/1222243/china-needs-bold-reform-counter-slowdown-fiscal-revenue

It's not about caring for my "not so poor" neighbors or the slave laborers in China. I do not pretend i'm an altruist
lol, a thief denying his thievery

It's more about exposing the ugly truth that is being sold as the "China miracle".
sorry we are Chinese not cheap Indians like yourself, we dont sell out nonsenses like 'shining' 'secula' or 'miracle' to attrack others attention..

and always wonder the fantastic energy that you have to constrantly 'exposing' the 'truth' which even us 'brainwashed' Chinese find they are boring

when revolution hits china... it will be bloody , Syria will fade in comparison , but still no one would care :lol:

when revolution hits china... it will be bloody , Syria will fade in comparison , but still no one would care :lol:

Hmm, why does this sound familiar? Oh yeah, the western world has been screaming that for over 60 years now. I am yet to see your so-called "revolution" coming, but don't get discouraged! If you keep repeating that to yourself, you may be able to convince yourself it is true...eventually.

So? No country can stay at top forever. Every nation which will reach superpower status will see it's fall one day or the other.

oh hey look, another "china collapse" article

if i had a nickle for every one of these kinds of articles over the last 30 years i would have enough to bail out both china and america at the same time.

China should end the 1 child policy. This will fix any demographic centred economic problems in a generation. It will also keep the workforce strong to pay for all those retirees.

Any country that is a "producer" will only fail when it production rate drops.

Just like at the UK.

Years ago we had many production going on here - at that point out economy was strong because everyone had a job.

Then our "businessmen" thought lets ship it all out to China and India we get cheap labourers. Yes they did get those, however in the long run those countries had more jobs created, their economy has boosted.

Just look our employment rate its appaling. There is 100 people applying for one job, its pathetic.

We produce NOTHING in the UK. We import it all in. And all our govt does is rob us with 100s of taxes. And worst still it gives lots of money to benefit scroungers.

If China continues producing it wont flop - it's as simple as that.

UK produces nothing China produces nearly everything - from TVs to all other electronics, car parts, cars, furniture, clothing - the bloody lot!

Any country that produces will become stronger over time and this was the case of China. It didnt happen overnight it happened over prolonged time and it has paid off. Their workforces exercise before work (or is that Japan?) not like our fat slobs that have McDonalds 3 times a day LMAO!

China should end the 1 child policy. This will fix any demographic centred economic problems in a generation. It will also keep the workforce strong to pay for all those retirees.

Three reasons they have the policy:

1) To prevent over crowding
2) If the economy does fall they wont be billions of people unemployed. Its a ridiculous unemployment rate in the UK and US yeah? If that happens to China the numbers would be outrageous as their population is gigantic.

3) Most importantly this prevents people from having dozens of kids just to claim benefits as people do in the UK LMAO

I am wondering how China will cope with the adjustment. At the moment there are two people working for every over 50when that is 1:1 it will make a large difference.

It seems to me that at least part of the sucess of China is the front loading of the benefits now with aging population increasing polution concerns food saftey issues the costs are coming in a rush. That is a problem i cant think of any other economy facing to the same extent. All economies go though cycles and most recover after a time of adjustment.
I do wonder how you tell a million people that the golden ride is over and adjust peoples expectations.

Retirement ages for blue-collar Chinese(those who work in state-owned enterprises)are 55 for men and 50 women。

Retirement ages for white-collar Chinese(those who work in government departments、education、heathcare etc)are 60 for men and 55 for women。

Now if the retirement ages are raised to 65 for both sexes,as are the case in most countries with which China competes。。。

Single-child policy is not adhered to even in the big cities now a days。I have many friends in their 30s or early 40s,who have 2 or more kids。

The rural families are still some 60-70% of the total。These families have at least 2 kids as allowed by law,many have 3 or more。

So。。。

By the way,China's will be the biggest economy in the world in 7 years。

And by 2030,the Chinese economy will be double the US economy。

Retirement ages for blue-collar Chinese(those who work in state-owned enterprises)are 55 for men and 50 women。

Retirement ages for white-collar Chinese(those who work in government departments、education、heathcare etc)are 60 for men and 55 for women。

Now if the retirement ages are raised to 65 for both sexes,as are the case in most countries with which China competes。。。

Single-child policy is not adhered to even in the big cities now a days。I have many friends in their 30s or early 40s,who have 2 or more kids。

The rural families are still some 60-70% of the total。These families have at least 2 kids as allowed by law,many have 3 or more。

So。。。

By the way,China's will be the biggest economy in the world in 7 years。

And by 2030,the Chinese economy will be double the US economy。

retirement age of 50?

that is amazingly generous.

retirement age of 50?

that is amazingly generous.

now you know why we think the so called demography time bomb is a pile of bs
the retirement age is needed so the younger generation can get a job, so if the population slows then they'll just raise it to 65 then move to a 2 child policy and bam problem solved. and already we are seeing debates and changes to the 1 child policy.

mean while our neighbor is expected to surpass us in population, im having doubts about their so called demographic dividend they're suppose to received will be good, given that their basic education is sub-par and without much manufacturing, job creation for millions is difficult at best and believe or not, they already have worst pollution. this tell me that a large and growing, under-educated, unemployed, living under heavy economic and environmental pressures might be the real time bomb.

It is easy for them to see specks in your eye, but not in their own.

Chinese story won't be over in 7 years! We haven't yet reached the possition to enjoy never setting sun or crack our rogue neighbours from stealing our territories.

India could have a later run perhaps in the 22 century, best wishes to them!

Back
Top Bottom