What's new

Imran reaches Buner, meets operation affectees

ajpirzada

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Updated : Thursday May 7 , 2009 2:41:48 PM

BUNER: Chief of Pakistan Tehrek-e-Insaf Imran Khan reached Buner on Thursday and met with the affectees of ongoing military operation against Taliban militants in the district, reports ARY OneWorld.

Khan visited the camps set up for internally displaced persons (IDPs) where he inquired about their situation.

Imran reaches Buner, meets operation affectees,5/7/2009 8:27:33 PM

He said the NWFP government should negotiate with the Swat Taliban to restore peace in the region.

He blamed the government for succumbing to US pressure and conductiong an operation in Buner and its surrounding areas.
DAWN.COM | Provinces | Military operation no solution for Swat: Imran Khan

WTF - can we ask the Indians to take this POS!

Which hole was he hiding in when the TTP was taking over Buner and Mullah Fazlulla's intercepted tape indicating he was conspiring to take control of Buner was played?

Should have stuck to cricket and sleeping around.

Which hole was he hiding in when the TTP was taking over Buner and Mullah Fazlulla's intercepted tape indicating he was conspiring to take control of Buner was played?

may be he has missed that part of the scene:undecided:

This guy is on drugs.The Talibans were taking over buner that is only 50 KM away from our capital and he wants PA to have peace agreement with them..

Excuse me :angry:

Excuse me :angry:

I am referring to his notoriety as a 'playboy' in his younger days.

The implication being that even that would be preferable to the damage he does in terms of public opinion towards the military operation with his nonsensical rants.

I have yet to hear sustained criticism of Taliban actions from him - listening to him one would think they were planting flowers in Swat and the GoP jst decided to bomb them.:crazy:

An intellectually shallow individual.

Strange statement from Imran Khan. How govt negotiate with Taliban. When armed commander pointing guns at their own leaders who broke the deal. lolzz..Nodoubt majority of them are organized mafia thugs. They need to live on clouds.

The implication being that even that would be preferable to the damage he does in terms of public opinion towards the military operation with his nonsensical rants.

I have yet to hear sustained criticism of Taliban actions from him - listening to him one would think they were planting flowers in Swat and the GoP jst decided to bomb them.:crazy:

I know that... Even I don't like him :)

What you wrote earlier was extremely crude...

his personal life now is different from what it was then... but the bottom line being: none of our business. Besides, doesn't make a good argument.

Imran is absolutely right and on the spot about this war.

If not to fight back, but what exactly are they supposed to do when drones keep massacring people in their neighbourhoods and destroying homes and businesses while our politicians and military leaders are getting dollars for it? What a shame it really is.

Pakistan was never at war with them until the US bought our military and political leaders for cheap dollars.

The US knows the strength of the Pak Army and also understands the spirit of these tribals when it comes to fighting. Patreaus Iraqi strategy of getting the Sunni's and Shia - muslims blasting each other is clearly at work here. It amazes me that even our educated masses cannot see this.

This is so reminiscent of the British divide and rule policy. Even if Pakistan wins this war at the expense of displacing millions and destroying local economies, the US would leave them reeling and ruptured both economically, politically and socially just like they did after the collapse of Sovient Union.

People who do not learn from history, never learn.

I'm disappointed that the moderators changed the section name to Pakistan's war. It never was, and never will be.

Imran is absolutely right and on the spot about this war.

If not to fight back, but what exactly are they supposed to do when drones keep massacring people in their neighbourhoods and destroying homes and businesses while our politicians and military leaders are getting dollars for it? What a shame it really is.

Pakistan was never at war with them until the US bought our military and political leaders for cheap dollars.

The US knows the strength of the Pak Army and also understands the spirit of these tribals when it comes to fighting. Patreaus Iraqi strategy of getting the Sunni's and Shia - muslims blasting each other is clearly at work here. It amazes me that even our educated masses cannot see this.

This is so reminiscent of the British divide and rule policy.

I'm disappointed that the moderators changed the section name to Pakistan's war. It never was, and never will be.

so give us a short term solution to this problem???? wat should we do with these talibans at this point in time? knowing they didnt keep their word of laying down weapons

No better yet just surrender your country to a bunch of rag tag millitia.

This man is an Oxford grad. A legend in cricketing world and champion in sport. A man who built many great institutions in Pakistan- a person who knows what institution and nation building involves proven through his track record. An honourary chancellor at a British Uni. A man who is even admired by our enemies.

And you call him shallow?

Your attempt to discredit him by bringing his shady past shows that you have shallow standards.

so give us a short term solution to this problem???? wat should we do with these talibans at this point in time? knowing they didnt keep their word of laying down weapons

They have never layed down their weapons and history is evident. Taking weapons away from pushtun is synonymous to taking away his penis. Anyone who understands the pashtun culture would agree.

Solution? Very simple:

All political parties in Pakistan need to organize a long march against US policies similar to the long march of the lawyers movement. The public needs to pressure govn't to back away from America's nefarious war imposed on the Pashtuns and islamic militants in Afghanistan. No more violation of its soverignity through drone or any sort of attacks on Pak territory.

Once you're out of the US war, these or any militants or terrorist groups in Pak would be left with no reason to fight our Army and commit attrocities against civilians.

u might be senior to me, but here i think there is a need to rectify some of ur thoughts. every body make mistakes, nobody is perfect in this world, but man is known by the action he takes afterwards, he might have done some wrong stuff, but regretting over it and changing urself in a way that ultimate success is critical. dont forget hazart ADAM story.

he is definately worng in supporting the taliban deal this time around, there should be no peace agreement at all with this merciless people. but on the other note Allah has given him respect, by letting him win the worldcup, no one else could`t do it. he is a leader and will remain so.

Back
Top Bottom