What's new

Imran Khan’s Govt and Violent Tax Policies | Raise your concerns

Don't blame the government for taxation, blame the undisciplined Pakistani masses who want things NOW, and don't care about long term consequences. Nawaz Sharif gave Pakistanis what they wanted, not what they needed, which resulted in a near bankrupt economy. Yet, idiots still praise that moron.

This sort of taxation is what happens, when Pakistani don't realize short term goals have long term consequences.

I honestly think Pakistan needs to make military service mandatory for 2 years, in order to instill a sense of discipline into the people.

@StormBreaker
Yaar, though you may have raised some points that might be alarming - and its difficult for the Overseas Pakistanis to fully understand, but/however, you gotta understand that no matter whom may be in power, the situation of the Country has been going South for quite a while.

If PPP or PML-N would have been in power, your IMF Loans would have reached the sky, not that THAT hasn't already been the case.

Only difference is they used to artificially keep the Economy afloat year after year, without paying a single dime to the IMF.

Personally, I don't see things improving for Pakistan - atleast in whatever lifespan of mine.

We desperately need CPEC to kickstart...

Some of your criticism is legitimate. But the resentment arises when a tiny sliver of society is being taxed more and more WHILE the entirety of the 'trading' and agri classes are chilling with next to zero tax payments. That's the problem. This is bad approach. I will happily pay more tax when I see the untaxed sectors get heavily taxed too.
Actually everything is going to be taxed.

Cant say about agri yet but IT freelancer which were exempt before now been tax.

Its majority of small business ppl like baker, doodh wala, pakorey wala who dont want to pay tax an burden goes to others

At least he built some assets using loans. What has Khan built in the last four years except increasing electricity, gas and fuel prices. Medicines are 400% expensive. Haj has gone up from 300,000 per person to Rs. 1,000,000 per person.

We left IMF and Khan brought us back to IMF.

Lost Kashmir.

Loans gone up and reserves still down. Wonder if all our economic indicators are good then why are we taking loans and still unable to sustain reserves.
Pray tell, what assets did Nawaz Sharif build that weren't total vanity projects?

Pakistan never left the IMF, that's a flat out lie, the previous government was still negotiating with the IMF for an emergency loan, because Nawaz Sharif economic policies was bankrupting Pakistan's economy.

Your ideas on loans and reserves is not how things work. I have no idea where you got this info from.

@StormBreaker
Yaar, though you may have raised some points that might be alarming - and its difficult for the Overseas Pakistanis to fully understand, but/however, you gotta understand that no matter whom may be in power, the situation of the Country has been going South for quite a while.

If PPP or PML-N would have been in power, your IMF Loans would have reached the sky, not that THAT hasn't already been the case.

Only difference is they used to artificially keep the Economy afloat year after year, without paying a single dime to the IMF.

Personally, I don't see things improving for Pakistan - atleast in whatever lifespan of mine.

If it didnt work out cpec is also a big loan which we have to return. So everythig is loan we never focus on exports and after taking big loans we say we have gdp growth.

If you tax the rich, i am fine with it but if you start increasing consumer tax you are not the right guy to run the country.

If anyone here is justifying tax on dairy products, infant formula milk, basic necessities of life instead of asking to bring big fish into tax net, then he/she is part of the problem.

Bottom line, like all around us, we are a 3rd World Nation.

People don't pay Taxes because they want Pakistan to automatically become Switzerland first before they'd want to cough up any money from their pocket in form of taxes.

Our Politics suck because even if the leader (may) be an honest man, the people he is forced to be associated with are crooks.

Our Media sucks 'cause all they cover are domestic issues, and people don't know anything about the outside World = mazeed jahalat. Yes, Media should be free, but we have got to end these Night Talk Shows with Political figures.

Education System needs a boost & not the kind that PMIK has in mind.

:offtopic:
Finally, I am in favor of making Military Service mandatory for our youth like in Greece, Egypt & South Korea. Need to start a Topic on this matter.

When state of Pakistan will tax agricultural mafia of punjab or sindh?

I am from Karachi. Situation is 100 times better than it was 3 years ago. A lot of work needs to be done but change takes time.

I got banned 1000 times before for using a word that moderators don’t like. That word suits you perfectly.

I am from Karachi. Situation is 100 times better than it was 3 years ago. A lot of work needs to be done but change takes time.

you should dig out Bhutto and throw him in sea if you want any change. It was Khusra Altaf and Bhutto Tubbar that destroyed Karachi not IK.

In your spare time do study economics for dummies to understand basic economic issues . Will make you feel smarter …

Add him to my disliked word …

I am also from Karachi and visiting here after almost 3 years. I find it 100 times worst than it was when I last visited here 3 years ago.

"I would love to break his nose with my knee. Kaise “gad**y” ko banadia hai awam ne PM."

I am sure you were really happy with the donkeys ruling Pakistan for over 40 years, who have destroyed Pakistan economically and benefited themselves so much that they are now dollar's billionaires.
Probably you consider "Parchi Abu" as model of intelligence and IQ, who couldn't speak a sentence without outside help. Plenty of shameful examples could be provided as proofs, if you insist.

"No direction, Directionless state, No future, Ruined, Economic collapse, Mafias still in control of everything,"

Directionless state!! On the other hand people are clamouring on efforts to collect more taxes.
The fact of the matter is that the collection of direct taxes remains extremely low in Pakistan. Which is supplemented by imposition of indirect taxes, which are against the poor peoples.
This policy had been old not new, so others are as much to blame. This decades old malaise cannot be corrected until the mechanism is devised to collect more direct taxes.
I know thousands of businessmen in Pakistan who pay no taxes despite earning millions of rupees per month.
is that ok in your book!!
Or probably you are with the people who borrowed money on more than 8% interest rates in the name of private limited companies and hiding those borrowing in official debt figures.
The Rupees than was propped up on the basis of such borrowed reserves artificially, losing billions of dollars in the process. The reserves were based on those loans and Pakistan practically was bankrupted by thugs Ishaq Dar and Nawaz.
No wonder Imran quickly ran to Saudi Arabia to save the day, or Pakistan would have been bankrupted.
The other flip side of those loans is that unexpected repayments are due for those loans which were not shown in official borrowing figures at all.
No wonder PTI has to borrow more to repay those loans.

But i think this is too taxing for you to understand.
Shouldn't you be using the "direction less" for yourself!!

"Qanoon sirf gharib ko faida deta hai, Ameer khareed leta hai, We are left in the middle, Under the intensity of the antique book of law".

And who had introduced this in Pakistani politics!! Imran khan and PTI!!

Like I wrote earlier, your statements are wrong on so many levels.
Shall i remind you telephone calls of SS and Saif Ur Rehman to Justice Qayyum!!
or blackmailing of judge Arshad Malik!!
Or storming of the Supreme Court!! Or carrying stones in 4x4 to attack NAB!! or introducing fake documents in SCP!! Or producing fake "Qatari letter"!! Announcing in NA "Hazoor ye hain vo zaraie"!! Or recent Js Shamim's fake affidavit or the doctored audio of Justice Nisar.

Or probably how Zardari and SS are out of the jail despite billions deposited in to their fake bank accounts.

Even in recent TT scandals, there are documented proofs that SS and his family opened fake bank accounts on the name of poor people without their permission and knowledge.
Opening fake bank account on someone else's name is a criminal offence.
But then, it is very clear, you know nothing about law and order or justice.
Case closed.
Didn’t read anything after 3rd line “Happy with the donkeys ruling since 40 years”, because I don’t give a f about any of them.

This country has been heading without a leader ever since the death of Ali Jinnah.

This thread’s purpose is to highlight the horrendous, Unjustified crimes that are being committed by the current Govt in the name of Taxation.

I am extremely pissed off on many blunders the government is committing, PTA abnormal taxation, Stopping imports of vehicles but at the same time letting these filthy rich Royal families control the auto industry and vehemently increasing auto prices every second week with no check and balance.

My request to mods, This thread has got nothing to do Personal grudges against IK or anyone, No !

We as citizens of Pakistan have got all rights to constructively criticize the government as we are the people and not slaves. If PDF is a “Free platform”, Consider this a thread of the free people.
Crypto ke sath alag jihalat wala sulook kar rahe hain.
No real steps were taken by this or previous gov so all are in same boat.
Its really hard for new companies to bring new vehicles to Pakistan
1 Spares & service is extremely hard, people will buy new cars from new brands in limited numbers
2 inflation most countries middle class is the back bone of used cars market but in Pakistan there is no such thing.

When it comes to auto industry, simple ban or extremely high tax doesn't do much for middle class or even lower class.
Pakistan needs to allow European and other asian cars from 2005 to 2015 to be imported at very low tax rate, simple reason when you have these cars in the street they will force current companies to wake up and will show eu companies that Pakistan is a viable market and create need for spares for parts and provide cheaper service options.

@StormBreaker

PMLN and PPP aren’t political parties to me, They are registered mafias.

My issue with the current gov is the “mute attitude” to all the chaos they are spreading in the name of policies.

I have witnessed the downfall of manufacturing from the span of 2018-2020 (pre covid) and IK is to blame for his violent approach to things.

Back
Top Bottom