What's new

Imran Khan shifted to Adiala jail

PakAlp

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Because they want to give Nawaz A class when he land Pakistan, that's why. PMLN is extremely clever.

Credit due to the Courts for trying to move the needle in the right direction. First the release of IRK and then IK's move to Adiala. One can only hope and pray for a sane, just end to this ongoing stupidity.
No Sir, Nawaz has to be in Adiala A class. Otherwise Attock is extremely rough jail, dripping roof , open toilet next to bed, Nawaz won't survive a day.

Credit due to the Courts for trying to move the needle in the right direction. First the release of IRK and then IK's move to Adiala. One can only hope and pray for a sane, just end to this ongoing stupidity.

Expecting sanity from current army establishment is not going to work. As for Imran riaz release we would have thought that sanity is being prevailed if they'd have released him as the person we knew him. They have experimented on him, tortured him, gave him substances or what that he is even unable to construct sentences. His strength was being sharp, being excellent speaker. His memory is effected. What kind of monster Army do it with its own people. Hope that is not the permanent brain damage.

Moving IK to another jail is certainly not a right direction. Its that nation has gone so much on back foot that we even think such things good. Putting IK in jail was unimaginable a year ago. But today he is there on bogus cases. Pakistani nation so much rely on hopes & prayers and that's the problem. Nation needs to relentlessly display their support. Organize at streets level, neighborhood levels, everyone put flags on their homes collectively. Only nation's rejection of GHQ attitude and nation's will can bring IK back. Otherwise its hard to believe that nation may see IK ever again. Nation needs to Stop relying on just prayers and hopes. Needs to practically do something about it.

Last edited:

When the rapist stopped raping the victim, people said it was the step in the right direction.

How does this example sound to you?

Military needs to stop being a d!, and only operate under the rules which justify its existence. Abducting citizens and then releasing is not step in the right direction. Its still punishable under the law.

When the rapist stopped raping the victim, people said it was the step in the right direction.

Military needs to stop being a d!, and only operate under the rules which justify its existence. Abducting citizens and then releasing is not step in the right direction. Its still punishable under the law.
Why?
What's the incentive

He's not been shifted, and has instead said he wants to stay at Attock Jail.

I feel that's the wrong move and he's placing himself at greater risk and suffering, especially when Adiala was offering much superior facilities.

Nawaz Sharif would probably land to Pakistan, get himself a bail in court and head home.

To show some sense of fairness, a narrative will be built that a supposedly cipher leak case is more severe than corruption in Panama case, hence Nawaz is home and Imran Khan in jail.

And then off to elections.

Expecting sanity from current army establishment is not going to work. As for Imran riaz release we would have thought that sanity is being prevailed if they'd have released him as the person we knew him. They have experimented on him, tortured him, gave him substances or what that he is even unable to construct sentences. His strength was being sharp, being excellent speaker. His memory is effected. What kind of monster Army do it with its own people. Hope that is not the permanent brain damage.

Moving IK to another jail is certainly not a right direction. Its that nation has gone so much on back foot that we even think such things good. Putting IK in jail was unimaginable a year ago. But today he is there on bogus cases. Pakistani nation so much rely on hopes & prayers and that's the problem. Nation needs to relentlessly display their support. Organize at streets level, neighborhood levels, everyone put flags on their homes collectively. Only nation's rejection of GHQ attitude and nation's will can bring IK back. Otherwise its hard to believe that nation may see IK ever again. Nation needs to Stop relying on just prayers and hopes. Needs to practically do something about it.

I appreciate your sentiments but let me remind you of the reality in Pakistan. Ours is a crawl, walk, run kind of a journey where every step forward is marred by two steps back.

I get it that we want it to be so much better and not have Pakistani establishment behave in the mindset of a security state. But our own policies have metastasized the security apparatus' involvement in all walks of life. Trying to remove these tentacles will take time. It is good that people are calling out these tentacles and some in the establishment are surely taking note of this and getting it but they are currently not in a position to pull back. Regardless, I completely agree that Pakistan cannot have a situation where people are picked up without due process or the due process is made a mockery of (as in the case of getting released on one set of charges and then immediately being picked up for other cases etc.) however, this is the situation on the ground today and it will take time to get some normality.

So, for all those stating that the "military does not care to earn respect", this is misplaced. This is a huge issue for the military and they care. They cannot continue to operate in this space and not have public support, however, as it is said in Amreeka, currently all of our principal protagonists and antagonists (depending on whichever side of the divide you are) are "caught between a rock and a hard place."

For the establishment, foreign policy supersedes domestic policy and thus the current stance. I am not sure what the out is but one possibility is to have IK/PTI operate within the political realm but tone down the earlier FP positions. This would give Pakistan some space at the international level and also help on the domestic front.

I don't know what the right solution for Pakistan is and I doubt anyone here or even in the corridors of power, including the establishment, knows. Our knee-jerk and short-sighted policies have brought us to the precipice and just like we have destroyed our economy, geo-politically too, we are irrelevant to our own detriment.

Incentive? Survival of Pakistan.

If it's not an incentive, what's the difference between TTP and Pakistan Army?
Army thinks the country can survive
When they fear it can't they would losen the grip abit but currently they have 20 lac military with 4-5 crore families who are ready to do anything

More then enough to keep their hold

I appreciate your sentiments but let me remind you of the reality in Pakistan. Ours is a crawl, walk, run kind of a journey where every step forward is marred by two steps back.

I get it that we want it to be so much better and not have Pakistani establishment behave in the mindset of a security state. But our own policies have metastasized the security apparatus' involvement in all walks of life. Trying to remove these tentacles will take time. It is good that people are calling out these tentacles and some in the establishment are surely taking note of this and getting it but they are currently not in a position to pull back. Regardless, I completely agree that Pakistan cannot have a situation where people are picked up without due process or the due process is made a mockery of (as in the case of getting released on one set of charges and then immediately being picked up for other cases etc.) however, this is the situation on the ground today and it will take time to get some normality.

So, for all those stating that the "military does not care to earn respect", this is misplaced. This is a huge issue for the military and they care. They cannot continue to operate in this space and not have public support, however, as it is said in Amreeka, currently all of our principal protagonists and antagonists (depending on whichever side of the divide you are) are "caught between a rock and a hard place."

For the establishment, foreign policy supersedes domestic policy and thus the current stance. I am not sure what the out is but one possibility is to have IK/PTI operate within the political realm but tone down the earlier FP positions. This would give Pakistan some space at the international level and also help on the domestic front.

I don't know what the right solution for Pakistan is and I doubt anyone here or even in the corridors of power, including the establishment, knows. Our knee-jerk and short-sighted policies have brought us to the precipice and just like we have destroyed our economy, geo-politically too, we are irrelevant to our own detriment.
Solution is simple

Arrest and trial all those previous generals

Or stay a security state

It's very hard to find a leader acceptable to all ethnicities in the country

Closest you will get is Imran khan

My question here is how is US policy towards Pakistan any different now than it was before removing Imran Khan? The same IMF was approving loans even when IK was in power. Did the US sanction Pakistan due IK foreign policy? Was there any sort of embargo, increased negative media coverage? There wasn't anything bad coming from the US even when IK was in power.

Pakistan is far worse than what it was before Imran Khan was removed. The only "scraps" it received from the US was a small IMF loan. There are no trade concessions, no F-16's, no AMRAAMs, nothing.

The establishment gambles on foreign support, whereas Imran Khan was gambling on his own people. Imran Khan was of the thought that increasing exports & remittances will reduce the need to beg others and strengthen Pakistan. He was well on his way to achieving his goal. His gamble was paying off.

If you observe the statistics above, Pakistan has reached a record $31.55 billion exports in 2021 and then an even greater record to $39.42 billion in 2022.

Now with IK gone, the economy went from sizeable foreign reserves to nearly empty. The exports & remittances plummeted over $7 billion. You have immigration of almost a million people, accelerating massive brain drain. You have TTP and other groups staging increasingly larger attacks. There is surge in separatism in KPK, GB, and elsewhere.

To make others happy, as always, the establishment destroys its own people and country. The army bet on foreign support and seeing the paltry amount received, the establishment's gamble did not pay off. Imran Khan was right.

Last edited:
Army thinks the country can survive
When they fear it can't they would losen the grip abit but currently they have 20 lac military with 4-5 crore families who are ready to do anything

More then enough to keep their hold

Solution is simple

Arrest and trial all those previous generals

Or stay a security state

It's very hard to find a leader acceptable to all ethnicities in the country

Closest you will get is Imran khan

Pakistan Army is clutching a dying country.

Pakistan Army has the mindset that keeps Mafia stay in power and away from prosecution. They know justice will roll a few heads hence they're butchering everyone asking the rule of law.

Its the difficult retreat that's making them stay on the battlefield. Scum soldiers have lost their battle at home.

Pakistan Army is clutching a dying country.

Pakistan Army has the mindset that keeps Mafia stay in power and away from prosecution. They know justice will roll a few heads hence they're butchering everyone asking the rule of law.

Its the difficult retreat that's making them stay on the battlefield. Scum soldiers have lost their battle at home.
That's what you think

No one else thinks the country is dying

You are a nuclear country so no external threats

You are world fifth populas country so no internal threats led by a single strong ethnicity

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom