Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Imran challenges Nawaz to face-off in NA-122 re-polls
By Web Desk
Published: August 27, 2015
946220-imranreutersnawazmuhammadjaved-1440699809-338-640x480.jpg

Imran Khan (L) and Nawaz Sharif (R). PHOTO: REUTERS/EXPRESS

A day after grabbing his ‘hat-trick’ against the incumbent Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) with the election tribunal ruling against them, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan on Thursday evening threw down the gauntlet to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, challenging him to an old fashioned election-duel.

On Wednesday, the election tribunal had ruled in favour of the PTI, ordering repolls in NA-154, completing a ‘hat-trick’ of tribunal verdicts in favour of the Imran-led party, following similar verdicts in NA-125 and NA-122, with the latter two seats belonging to Federal Minister for Railways Saad Rafique and National Assembly Speaker Ayaz Sadiq, respectively.

On Thursday, the PML-N decided against challenging the tribunal verdicts, opting instead to contest the re-polls.

Imran, capitalizing on the move, challenged the prime minister to quit his seat, and contest the repolls in NA-122, to prove whether the PML-N had rigged the elections.

Imran Khan

✔@ImranKhanPTI

I have challenged Nawaz Sharif to contest against me in NA 122. We will know whether Lahore belonged to PTI but was rigged in PMLN's favour

8:20 PM - 27 Aug 2015

However, it was not clear whether Imran, who is currently part of the National Assembly after being elected from NA-56. Imran had contested the May 2013 elections from four seats: NA-1 Peshawar, NA-122 Lahore, NA-56 Rawalpindi and NA-71 Mianwali. He had won three of those seats – including NA-1, NA-56 and NA-71, but opted to retain only NA-56.

Earlier in the week, Imran had claimed that he was justified in demanding Nawaz’s resignation last year, after it emerged that a tribunal judge was allegedly being pressurised by the incumbent PML-N to rule in their favour.

Imran khan khushi se pagal hoty hue... will love to see his face after re-election when he bites the dust :D

you talking god again? every pharaoh bites to dust, so will nawaz !

This is a little bit too much!

nawaz cannot even face him on a debate challenge, let alone election.

The prob is not of the individual but of his party and influence! He has bought judges!

well they been ruling for 25 years, and its mainly nawaz who politicized institutions with political recruitments.

People might take this too seriously.

PTI must be aware that there can be no way PM would quit his position to contest again.

the way mature is running the nation better to indulge in PC games.... rather running the state ... "istarhan koi tuk shop nahe chalata jesa ye hakomat chala raha hey"
If ur words are toward Imran then YES rite, else sorry By-election tells a totally different stories......
But let me tell u PTI will try hard to escape............

If ur words are toward Imran then YES rite, else sorry By-election tells a totally different stories......
But let me tell u PTI will try hard to escape............

One of nooni pooni toones candidate said in his jalwa "May dhakheet hoon choor hooon par mujhe vote doo" and guess what loogon nay usko vote diya hey HAHAHHA ye hey tum jesi phari likhi jahil aur adi wesay he jahil koom..... jiska tum kah rahay hona By-elections ye tu haal hey bc ghar may *** pe bhi choot lag jaye tu poray district may 25 sal may eek dhang ka hospital nahe hey uskay liye bhi kise duuur city jana phartah ey... itne kamaal ki performance hey kay apnay poray ilakay may koi eek acha skool nahe aur bachoon ko cities may ja kar aur wahan bhi dhoond dhoond kar kise achay private skool may daalna pharta hey ooo lantyoo ye tu haal hey tumhara

Ahh non serious games. Its a nothing challenge actually. Imran will have to be foolish to face off against nawaz. It will be a lot like a prime minister election and he will lose against nawaz, which will be a devastating loss. There was a lot of talk about this in the 2013 elections and I was against it. Leaders facing off is just too risky a battle. It has great benefits but also great risks and its just not worth it.

All that aside. Neither nawaz will leave his seat and I seriously hope Imran won't leave his Rawalpindi seat.

Back
Top Bottom