What's new

Important!

I have only ten sims registered in my name.

I use two I don't know about the rest of the sims.

I have only ten sims registered in my name.

I use two I don't know about the rest of the sims.

Then i think there is some error in this PTA system. because how come everyone gets information about registeration of extra sims in their names. :undecided:

A friend of mine has few SIMS registered in his name but when he checks in the system none of the SIMS are registered in his name.

Then i think there is some error in this PTA system. because how come everyone gets information about registeration of extra sims in their names. :undecided:

Actually what happens is that when you go for buying a SIM and give your ID card's copy to the frencise or the thailay wala they are supposed to send that copy to the carrier who in turn register your SIM on that ID card and name, but unfortunately what the sellers do is that when they by the end of the day collect and sift through thier 'sale' of the day, they probably have lost, torn or wasted a few copies, say thanks to their efficient system of accountability and check.

So now if they going to send the SIM registration form without a copy of an ID card the carrier as per rules would block the SIM after i think 48 hours as there wouldnt be any ID card to register the SIM with. Therefore to save their a$$ and to save the money, here's what the franchise and shop walas do; they would just attach your form (whose ID copy has been lost of torn) with another guy's form (which would be having a ID card) and show as if that guy has bought more than one SIM (which is not a crime and is legal), so now your SIM would not be blocked (as it has a ID card with it, though wrong one). You are happy, the seller is happy and the carrier is happy, but when you call the help line, may be after a month and the CRO asks for your name and give a 'wrong' name he or she tells you that your SIM is not registered with your name and you are flabbergasted and fight with him/her. But the fact remains that your SIM has been registered to a wrong guy. Now this is normal and not many would come to know about it.

This facility (668) has allowed us to easily check if there are more SIMs registered on our name.

i know this because it has happened to me and when i screwed the CRO once for a wrong SIM registered on my name he told me the entire story and than i went to the franchise where i bought SIM and guess what the 'manager' (after i was about to kill him) told me; "Sir, kaya karain ID cards ki copies gum jati hain, bahut sari hoti hain na, ab khali SIM tu bhaij nahi saktay agay, warna block hojayege, or buyer k pas be itna time nahi hai k dobara a kar copy day jaye, tu hum kisi bhi ID card per SIM ka number charha dyty hain!!!"

So guys, check it up and get the wrong SIMs blocked, or you may find yourself in thick soup!

i had two wring SIMs registered on my name and i got it blocked after i checked it from this SMS thingy.

It can be dangerouse too. Someone is going to get your cell number as well as all your data by having your CNIC number. Isnt it ?

Well the carrier already has your ID card's copy and now when you would just send it again it wouldnt matter, as you are not sending the info to a third party. It is safer as compared to giving a copy of you ID, which is NOT crossed to just any shopkeeper.

The SMS is not free. It costed me 2 rupees. :angry:

Lolzz.. sorry, i was free for me a i have the SMS package, BTW, the SMS that i receive from a friend said that it was free.

Anywaz, you can take the Rs 2 from me ;)

oh Crap

10 number registered to my ID

i use only 1

how to De-activate all other numbers ..

Strange I have 3 Ufone sims listed whereas I use Warid and Telenor.

How to check your SIM’s ownership

* Send a blank SMS to 667 and find out your SIM’s ownership details
* If the information is not correct, and your SIM is un-registered, please go to your nearest franchise or service center along with your SIM and your original NIC/CNIC and get your ownership updated.

c55ac05a1192ea492665abc354c8ea25.jpg

i am also effected by mobile cellular companies , they did really wrong, just to maintain there busiiness they had not blocked the fack sims but to give them an owner and all of us are unlikely and unwillingly be there owners now, i own 17 out of them i have just three i am using who has these 14 sims now

as i worked in telecom sector as a BSS and microwave Transmission Engineer i have some relations with other engrs of different cellulalr companies , i got the list of two numbers who are at my name and use be some one else, i went to frenchise of UPHONE and told them that these two numbers are at my name they confirmed me , i ordered them to block it, they replied that the user can get back the sim even if it is at ur name as he can use info relating recharge , fav nos etc to get it back. i am shocked that how they can give the numbers to other if i owned them but the story is that if they can put no into our identity they can do any thing else.:angry::angry::angry::angry:

PTA really needs to do some thing against them
they are really miscreants
they are cheaters
even mobi frenchises are not accepting the forms for removing ownership instead insisiting to move to redko plaza isl for changing ownership.

Actually we are sleeping nation all of us are third class , coz we have nothing to do wid this matter

it should be most important but not at a time

and one advice for all of u whenevere wherever u give the copy on CNIC to any one write clearly over it the purpose what is for

Last edited:
Lolzz.. sorry, i was free for me a i have the SMS package, BTW, the SMS that i receive from a friend said that it was free.

Anywaz, you can take the Rs 2 from me ;)

You can keep your two rupees.....:)

Its my service provider that I am going to really charge.....:agree::angry:

Back
Top Bottom