What's new

Important!

Xeric

RETIRED THINK TANK
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Write your CNIC Number (Without the dash) and send it to 668. You'll receive a message stating what all/how many SIMs are registered with that ID Card number. Now you can block the SIMs registered erroneously with your CNIC number!

This works from all the carriers and the SMS is free!

Somebody reported it as a spam!!

Voila!!

Write your CNIC Number (Without the dash) and send it to 668. You'll receive a message stating what all/how many SIMs are registered with that ID Card number. Now you can block the SIMs registered erroneously with your CNIC number!

The SMS is not free. It costed me 2 rupees. :angry:

It can be dangerouse too. Someone is going to get your cell number as well as all your data by having your CNIC number. Isnt it ?

:P oh come on paying 2 rupees for blocking the SIM and getting information better than visiting the center and spending alot as well as wasting time

Oh yeah right!! It showed 6 SIMS registered against my name instead of the only one that I use. So much for not wasting time and spending a lot!!! :angry::hitwall:

Locked:

This thread is not spam. Multiple and illegal sim cards on people's NIC (National Identity Card) is a new crime in Pakistan. What Xeric shared here will help us trace the culprits who're using mobile sims illegally.

Pakistan Telecommunication Authority

Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has developed a SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) information system to address associated risks on security and to ensure subscription regulations in cellular sector.

The objective of the project is to provide a consumer-based facility to mobile subscribers in Pakistan by which they would be able to find out the total number of SIM(s) registered against their respective CNIC number with each mobile operator.

This I got from the PTA official website, this service is even available online on the PTA's below given website add. Do check it out, you may be in for a surprise, as I just found i have more then one SIM in my name :)

SIM Information System - 668

Do check out the PTA website, it has many features, even mobile can be blocked by getting your International Mobile Equipment Identity or IMEI number, check the below link

http://128.121.21.25/$sitepreview/pta.gov.pk/imei/imei.asp

Last edited:
Guy for people who are in Pakistan do let us know, the number of SIM's issued on ur name that you had no idea about :p

Oh yeah right!! It showed 6 SIMS registered against my name instead of the only one that I use. So much for not wasting time and spending a lot!!! :angry::hitwall:

You should contact PTA and get the extra sims blocked. As its dangeruse if you dont know and someone registered sims in your name.

You should contact PTA and get the extra sims blocked. As its dangeruse if you dont know and someone registered sims in your name.

Yes I know. I will be visiting my service provider's service center this Saturday to have a word with them.

Back
Top Bottom