Country
Pakistan
If you don’t like item numbers, don’t watch them: Sohai Ali Abro
By Entertainment Desk
Published: October 6, 2015
46SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
968213-sohai-1444123995-139-640x480.jpg

The actress shares her viewpoint on controversy surrounding "item numbers". SCREENGRAB

With two hit films under her belt, Sohai Ali Abro is soaring high on success. Having done item numbers in both films, the actress shares her viewpoint on the controversy surrounding “item songs”.

In a recent interview with BBC Urdu, Sohai was asked about herJPNA co-star, Hamza Ali Abbasi’s condemnation of item numbers to which she replied, “I differ from his stance because I believe you can’t stop someone from doing something. You can only decide for yourself and everyone has a personal choice.

“If you don’t like item numbers, don’t watch them,” she added.

Watch here:
Her item number Selfiyaan from film Wrong No. received a lot of criticism from the local audience, but the actress refused to call it an “item number”.

“It’s not like a girl is dancing amid random men who are enjoying her dance moves,” said Sohai in another interview with BBC Urdu.

“My character [in the film] is getting married in a family she is related to. She is just dancing as part of the celebrations. I don’t think family is involved in item numbers… even the clothes and lyrics [in Selfiyaan] were not provocative,” she explained.

Here’s her dance in Selfiyaan.:
On a question about whether or not she prefers doing item numbers, the actress said, “I won’t say anything concrete about doing item numbers or not, but I am not very fond of doing them.”

“I wouldn’t want to be an item girl,” she added.

If you don’t like item numbers, don’t watch them: Sohai Ali Abro - The Express Tribune

@Ifrit @Color_Less_Sky @Imran Khan @django @secretservice

If you don’t like item numbers, don’t watch them: Sohai Ali Abro
By Entertainment Desk
Published: October 6, 2015
46SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
968213-sohai-1444123995-139-640x480.jpg

The actress shares her viewpoint on controversy surrounding "item numbers". SCREENGRAB

With two hit films under her belt, Sohai Ali Abro is soaring high on success. Having done item numbers in both films, the actress shares her viewpoint on the controversy surrounding “item songs”.

In a recent interview with BBC Urdu, Sohai was asked about herJPNA co-star, Hamza Ali Abbasi’s condemnation of item numbers to which she replied, “I differ from his stance because I believe you can’t stop someone from doing something. You can only decide for yourself and everyone has a personal choice.

“If you don’t like item numbers, don’t watch them,” she added.

Watch here:
Her item number Selfiyaan from film Wrong No. received a lot of criticism from the local audience, but the actress refused to call it an “item number”.

“It’s not like a girl is dancing amid random men who are enjoying her dance moves,” said Sohai in another interview with BBC Urdu.

“My character [in the film] is getting married in a family she is related to. She is just dancing as part of the celebrations. I don’t think family is involved in item numbers… even the clothes and lyrics [in Selfiyaan] were not provocative,” she explained.

Here’s her dance in Selfiyaan.:
On a question about whether or not she prefers doing item numbers, the actress said, “I won’t say anything concrete about doing item numbers or not, but I am not very fond of doing them.”

“I wouldn’t want to be an item girl,” she added.

If you don’t like item numbers, don’t watch them: Sohai Ali Abro - The Express Tribune

@Ifrit @Color_Less_Sky @Imran Khan @django @secretservice
@fakhre mirpur
She can take a selfie with me ANYTIME hehehehehe.

Common sense also tells you to warn if someone walking toward a ditch. Or just look away and see what happens
Everyone goes to their own graves and is responsible for their own sins

Everyone goes to their own graves and is responsible for their own sins

So would rapists, so would murderers, so would suicide killing fanatics, so would pedoz, the logic here is not common sense but flaw in mentality of some of Pakistanis, if I see someone raping a girl well I don't like it I should look other way not my concern, if I see a child getting abused I should look other away not my concern, there are many other matters that should not be my concern so should you people like us to look other way in those too? Being high on testosterone levels is one thing but making a significant population to look other way when you can satisfy your levels is another. If you want your matters to be respected then better keep them in private don't make millions watch those views. Similarly showing affection and love is strictly someone's personal matter but when it becomes PDA you cannot resort to this flawed argument that other's should look away when you are at it.

So would rapists, so would murderers, so would suicide killing fanatics, so would pedoz, the logic here is not common sense but flaw in mentality of some of Pakistanis, if I see someone raping a girl well I don't like it I should look other way not my concern, if I see a child getting abused I should look other away not my concern, there are many other matters that should not be my concern so should you people like us to look other way in those too? Being high on testosterone levels is one thing but making a significant population to look other way when you can satisfy your levels is another. If you want your matters to be respected then better keep them in private don't make millions watch those views. Similarly showing affection and love is strictly someone's personal matter but when it becomes PDA you cannot resort to this flawed argument that other's should look away when you are at it.
My reply was for people who have issues with what other people do in their public or private life no where did i justify the things you mentioned

Common sense really !

If you don't like anything avoid it......

Pakistanis need to learn that just looking away in the other direction is also an option.

Cinema mein jb *Item Number* aye tou hmain apne KAAN band kr lene chahiyen, ankhon pr kaale chashme pehn lene chahiyen.... Yahi common sense hai na ???

My reply was for people who have issues with what other people do in their public or private life no where did i justify the things you mentioned

This whole article of look the other way is this mentality. Do these item numbers specify which people should look other way? Come on yar I am sick of these debates now Mullah Vs liberal none of them ever make any sense because both have this habit of crossing limits and accusing for personal interests and goals, is our creativity and talent capable of producing item numbers only? Are there no other topics and issues that one cannot consider to produce something that everyone can agree on and watch comfortably? Dancing girls is not the problem my argument is keep it to yourself and do it where you don't have to tell many of the people look the other way.

This whole article of look the other way is this mentality. Does these item numbers specify which people should look other way? Come on yar I am sick of these debates now Mullah Vs liberal none of them ever makes any sense because both have this habit of crossing limits and accusing for personal interests and goals, is our creativity and talent capable of producing item numbers only? Are there no other topics and issues that one cannot consider to produce something that everyone can agree on and watch comfortably? Dancing girls is not the problem my argument is keep it to yourself and do it where you don't have to tell many of the people look the other way.
They want to compete with bollywood and apparently there new trick of mimicking is working
‘Jawani Phir Nahi Ani’ breaks record of ‘Furious 7′, earns Rs 14 crores in first week of release - Daily Pakistan Global

Cinema mein jb *Item Number* aye tou hmain apne KAAN band kr lene chahiyen, ankhon pr kaale chashme pehn lene chahiyen.... Yahi common sense hai na ???
Well here is where things get complicated to compete with Bollywood they have to adopt some controversial things from Bollywood

Common sense would be to not go to the cinema in the first place.

Unless you are a complete idiot, one does have a general idea if the movie one has spent money to sit and watch contains an item number or not !

Back
Top Bottom