What's new

If Pakistan were to Vanish tomorrow how would it be ranked among the muslim empires of this region and middle east?

No one argues Bangladesh is not a poor but developing nation. But it definitely does not look like a failure. It has a stable government, at peace with itself and neighbors, has made an impressive export industry. For a nation that was born out of a war only 50 years back and subject to periodic devastation due to weather, I think Bangladesh is successful. More importantly, as an Islamic nation, it has successfully resisted terrorism and nihilism for the past two decades. That is no small achievement. And that in spite of a major dumpster fire next door in Myanmar.

Agree. Most importantly it has not exported terrorism into India. Had that happened, the gloves would have come off.

Yep, people generally ignore how much of a hostile environment Pakistan is placed in, especially Afghanistan as a neighbour and how much it tried to destabilise and invade us. The focus mainly is entirely on India.

There was also constant pressure on us from the outside not wanting us to progress too much. Even us being able to attain nukes was a matter of luck, as the Soviets had invaded Afghanistan so they didn't want to lose Pakistan's support.

I dont know man, I think all nations have issues with their neighbors. Germany could claim a worse lot for instance, France could say the same, surrounded by the Prussians on one side and English on the other. Only the US can probably claim "peace" with all neighbors. Plus Iran has similar issues with Afghanistan but doesnt seem to be suffering the blowback, they too had to contend with Iraq. I dont think its helpful making something that is common to all nations a unique disability to ones own.

Pakistan, as a state, failed to gain any significance or stature, at any level. Why would even it be mentioned in any future history book?
Yeah I think it will be forgotten. The Mughals were a force, their vast wealth, power and prestige led to the term still used today "mogul." Pakistan is nothing to aspire to. The PM is begging.

Pakistan don't necessarily needs to default or Fail ......

Just handover P_O_k including Gilgit Baltistan for 50 Billion $ to India and live peacefully.

Pakistan don't necessarily needs to default or Fail ......

Just sell P_O_k including Gilgit Baltistan for 50 Billion $ to India and live peacefully.

It's likely going to happen. Or something similar. A combination of land for money and water swap.

It happens all the time in the real world. When a family is hardup, they sell their big property and move into a smaller place to continue to put food on the table.

The face saving will be that Pakistan did it to be the bigger man and end the enmity by giving India back what is rightfully theirs.

I dont know man, I think all nations have issues with their neighbors. Germany could claim a worse lot for instance, France could say the same, surrounded by the Prussians on one side and English on the other. Only the US can probably claim "peace" with all neighbors. Plus Iran has similar issues with Afghanistan but doesnt seem to be suffering the blowback, they too had to contend with Iraq. I dont think its helpful making something that is common to all nations a unique disability to ones own.
I think the only real comparable example are the Kurdistan countries, even then it's not exactly the same. Because a similar reason has been the contention behind our hostilities with Afghanistan. Also we were poor as shit with no means to defend ourselves unlike those you've listed.

Alas, Pakistan is still here, it has a chance to save itself if it implements the right reforms, although it's looking unlikely.

An empire that fought multiple wars. Lost every war. Broke into two. Paid allegiance to world powers for arms and money. And after this I do not know how the story ends, but it has not been close to glorious up until now. If anything it is the legacy remnant of other empires that did a lot more in their time. Probably the last burning ember before the fire goes out.
By the same toke the empire that has ruled Hindustan for quite a few centuries.... :D

Pakistan, till date, for at least 75% of it's life, was ruled by Kanjars, Haraamis, Dallas, looters, plunderers, dacoits, of the first and foremost order. Had there been a Nobel Prize, for patent Haraam-zadagi; at least, 75% of those would have been bagged by de-facto Pakistani rulers, the latest awardee being Mir Bajwa. It is strange that this country still survives.

My apologies, but you are a fool for thinking that Pakistan would just hand you Gilgit Baltistan and severe it's land link with its most important allie China.

Everything is not black and white. All we strategically need is a de facto Indian held land corridor of a hundred kilometres (breadth).

The more important question is will China allow this sale.

Sir, the problem lies with the population. Corruption is rife even at the lowest levels of population strata. Army, Judiciary, bureaucracy, all are the reflection of our society.

An empire who since it's birth was surrounded by hostile states. Afghans were hostile since the start, Indians were too. We fought gallantly. The main problem destroying our country is corruption which is deeply ingrained in all levels of society.
Please stop this consolement.. The corruptions of general public and of elite are not the same. Plus, perks and privileges are given to bureaucracy/politicians so that they don't do it.

The Elite's endless and open corruption is due to lack of prosecution, weak judiciary and compromised justices.

So, not corruption but no prosecution is the problem. There will be still leakages but that can be managed.

Sure Sure Langda Khan sb, dreaming is fun, enjoy, cheers.
Everything is not black and white. All we strategically need is a de facto Indian held land corridor of a hundred kilometres (breadth).

The more important question is will China allow this sale.

Back
Top Bottom