What's new

If Pakistan boycotts India at ICC tournaments, they will pay for it: Rajiv Shukla

shree835

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Reacting to Shahryar Khan's recent statement of boycotting India in ICC tournaments if they refused to play the proposed series against Pakistan in December, IPL Chairman Rajiv Shukla on Saturday said PCB will have to bear the brunt in that case.

Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman Shaharyar was yesterday quoted as saying that "if the Indian Cricket Board officially backs out of the series in December, then we have the option of boycotting all matches against them in ICC and ACC events".

"Is this statement of Shaharyar Khan a threat to the BCCI or the ICC?," asked Shukla. "PCB is bound by the rules of the ICC, if it backs out it will have to bear the fine," he said at the 'Hindustan Shikhar Samagam' on Saturday.
Stating that no country wants to play in Pakistan, Shukla has asked the PCB if they could guarantee full security to the Indian players.

"I want to make an appeal...can you (PCB) guarantee the security to the players in its country? Because of security concerns, leave alone England and Australia, even Bangladesh team does not want to go there," Shukla said.

Refusing there is any possibility of a cricket series in December, Shukla said, "After finalising the cricket series with Pakistan, we will go to the Government for permission.

But before that there are a number of issues that have to be resolved, so there is no chance of a series in December." Meanwhile, Shukla maintained that he was not in the race for the post of the BCCI president.

Shukla applauded the contribution of former India openers -- Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir -- who were also present on the occasion. In fact, he went on to say that in some ways he considered Sehwag better that even Sachin Tendulkar.

Sehwag expressed pleasure over the selection of Ganguly as the Chairman of Bengal Cricket Association, saying it is better if players take over the reins of associations as they will be able to understand things better.

On Shukla's suggestion for him to enter politics, Sehwag said, "I've been working hard on cricket in the last 15 years and can't do politics right now. Will think about it later." He added in a lighter vein: "The option of Rajya Sabha is better. As you have got Sachin there you can do the same for me also."

Gambhir, however, had different views. "I think it would be better if we contest and reach parliament so that we know whether people want to see us there or not."

If Pakistan boycotts India at ICC tournaments, they will pay for it: Rajiv Shukla | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Not participating in coming t20 worldcup wouldn't hurt that much but for that you need good leaders and statesman which PCB dont have!

Stupid move if at all by PCB. Like it or not BCCI is a powerful entity and PCB can't match it. Rest only time will tell however given there is hardly any series happening in Pakistan the last thing they would want to do is pick up a fight with BCCI....

Stupid move if at all by PCB. Like it or not BCCI is a powerful entity and PCB can't match it. Rest only time will tell however given there is hardly any series happening in Pakistan the last thing they would want to do is pick up a fight with BCCI....
BCCI is picking a fight by not agreeing to MOUs it signed for Pakistan support for big 3

I agree..

PCB earns big bucks in an Indo Pak match no matter the venue - it's akin to killing the golden goose for ego.

And dont forget Pakistan cricket has second biggest number of followers(200 million) after indians so dont act like you are number one and we are at the bottom

BCCI is picking a fight by not agreeing to MOUs it signed for Pakistan support for big 3

Pakistani vote did not count in the "big 3" after every other country (9 of them) signed when Pakistan refused to...Najam Sethi tried to pull out a rabbit from a dead pitch when PCB had no where else to turn by claiming that BCCI promised to play a certain number of matches.

Remember that this offer was only open till the expiry date - i.e. when Pakistan boycotted to sign - It doesn't count when the decision had already got it's approval from all other boards. I still remember all the hoopla and the firing of the PCB chairman for abstaining to sign.

Alright...lets put it this way then...PCB shouldn't do jack even if BCCI is putting up a fight...they can't afford it at this time...

And dont forget Pakistan cricket has second biggest number of followers(200 million) after indians so dont act like you are number one and we are at the bottom
Where did i say you are at the bottom however whatever number you are at can u afford a fight with BCCI...??

Is there a copy of MOU available in Public domain?

Its not the population that matters. Its the revenue it generates. Else Big 3 would not be India, England and Australia.

The title though unchanged from source is misleading. What Shukla said was not a threat as the title suggest but just fact that if Pakistan choose to boycott it would have to bear the fine according to ICC rules.

Back
Top Bottom