What's new

IDEF 2017: PAKISTAN MOVES CLOSER TO FINALIZING MILGEM CORVETTE PURCHASE - 10MAY17

It's possible if DK-10 (quad packable) SAM looks attractive to PN to replace HQ-7s.
Is DK-10 actually quadpacked for use in Chinese VLS?

Key element would be folding tail fins. Check this pic out for them.
DK-10_3.jpg

http://defenseupdates.blogspot.nl/2012/11/dk-10-surface-to-air-missile-at-zhuhai.html

Sky Dragon 50 uses the DK-10A missile derived from the surface-to-air missile PL-12 series. The DK-10 is derived from SD-10A, and the missile is lengthened with an additional booster stage, which has larger diameter than the original air-to-air missile. If quadpackable, why are these large canisters used on the land versions, which limited the number of rounds per launch vehicle?
Sky_Dragon_50_GAS2_Medium-Range_Surface-to-Air_defense_missile_system_China_Chinese_defense_industry_military_equipment_640_001.jpg

http://www.armyrecognition.com/chin...t_specifications_pictures_video_12401163.html

Check the set of 7 missiles mid left: DK-10 is nearly the length of HQ16 and so would require the 7m or 9m version of the standard Chinese VLS, not the shortest 3.3 m version. GJB 5860-2006
PZS7Ba9.jpg

According to some of the publicized examples of GJB 5860-2006 requirement, there are 3 types of VLS that differs in length: 9 meter, 7 meter and 3.3 meter respectively (section 5.1.3), but the diameter is same for all, 850 mm maximum (section 6.1.2), with each launching tube filled with either dry air or nitrogen inside (section 6.1.4), and with higher internal pressure. (section 6.1.4). Similar to U.S. Navy's MK 41, a launching module includes 8 launching tubes (section 5.2.4), and each tube can house 1~4 missiles (section 5.2.4). Each launching model has a launching control unit (section 5.3.7), which can simultaneously launch up to 4 missiles of different kind (section 5.3.6). The launching control unit must have built-in test/diagnostic function (section 5.3.8).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_052D_destroyer#Vertical_Launching_System

Please note, just because one can house 1-4 missiles per tube, that doesn't mean there is an actual 4 round DK-10 canister around.

LOL 2 days it wont even survive 1 day in front of Indian Navy... we are so much behind when it comes to Navy

Calm down, you're overhyping the IN.

Yes their surface fleet is powerful, no doubt. However, our surface fleet can sustain itself for a few days in a war, maybe even longer. Our navy's main tool would be the submarines, practicing anti area access denial and preventing a blockade. We are set to induct 8 more submarines too, the submerged fleet is our main tool.

Calm down, you're overhyping the IN.

Yes their surface fleet is powerful, no doubt. However, our surface fleet can sustain itself for a few days in a war, maybe even longer. Our navy's main tool would be the submarines, practicing anti area access denial and preventing a blockade. We are set to induct 8 more submarines too, the submerged fleet is our main tool.

sir g even India is inducting Submarines

They have Naval Air Support like MiG-27
More Number of Destroyers
More Corvettes and Definitely more Frigates

Also they have P-8 in their fleet i'm not overhyping but Pakistan Navy is way way Far behind

sir g even India is inducting Submarines

They have Naval Air Support like MiG-27
More Number of Destroyers
More Corvettes and Definitely more Frigates

Also they have P-8 in their fleet i'm not overhyping but Pakistan Navy is way way Far behind
Sir g our navy is enough to prevent a blockade, it does what is minimally required.

The IN will not send all of its force in a war, only a portion. Keep that in mind.

there nothing wrong with what i said the pars 3 was not a big ticket item where as the 1 billion order is big and even the 2.5 billion deal with ksa, and that fell through to as insult to injury. the pod deal was tiny and yet the details of the deal were leaked from the turkish side?

if you sign an nda and do a deal it not supposed to bepublic yet deatails of the leak were released from the turkish side

Export country has been announced, first lot of PARS III vehicles were delivered to Oman. Oman has placed an order for 172 8x8 in various configurations, seems like a very 'big ticket item'. Perhaps you can guestimate the price tag.

Detail of first lot of Aselpods sold to Pakistan was actually made public from Pakistani side, follow on order was announced from Turkish side.

It's interesting how you are snagging on the topic of NDA, one would presume you were actually present during negotiations.. Were you ? :)

I was in London during the Falkland War. I had become friendly with some retired RN officers playing Chess, Bridge and Squash at the RAC Club located on the Pall Mall.

Royal Navy lost 8 vessels in that conflict. What I could gather about Amazon Class frigates was that equipped with 4.5 inch (112.5 mm) gun, these were very good for the shore bombardment, however their anti-ship warfare capability was limited. Aluminium reduced the weight but caught fire when hit by the Exocet missiles. The remaining 6 were later sold to Pakistan and after modification, have served well with PN with 5 still in active service.

Even though these ships were originally commission in 1974; as long as the hull is solid, a naval vessel can be modernized. Understand Turkish corvettes will cost around $250 to $ 300-million each. A complete refurbishment at Karachi shipyard with modern weapons, radar and command & control systems etc (say $50 to 60-million per unit), PN can possibly have 5 capable littoral warships for the price of one Ada class corvette.

However the “Hull” is still good enough to last another 20 years?

It's possible if DK-10 (quad packable) SAM looks attractive to PN to replace HQ-7s.

Dk-10 has not been shown to be quad packable, but is a step in the direction towards a chinese equivalent to essm. I am relatively certain though that PN eith enough cash, could get CAMM or K-SAAM for its turkish vessels... At least from a political standpoint.

so @Bilal Khan (Quwa) its july and i remember quiet vividly you saying if there's no news by july consider the deal dead. so it the deal dead or shall i call the coroner to check?

so @Bilal Khan (Quwa) its july and i remember quiet vividly you saying if there's no news by july consider the deal dead. so it the deal dead or shall i call the coroner to check?
I actually said that before the LoI signed at IDEF in May. That LoI was the "news" in that it finalizes the PN's intent to buy MILGEM corvettes. Beyond that it is up to KSEW/PN to call on STM to sign the actual production contracts to get the program in motion, and there's no ETA on that front. That said, the latest MoDP yearbook clearly states that corvettes are in the pipeline, so it'll probably happen, eventually...

I actually said that before the LoI signed at IDEF in May. That LoI was the "news" in that it finalizes the PN's intent to buy MILGEM corvettes. Beyond that it is up to KSEW/PN to call on STM to sign the actual production contracts to get the program in motion, and there's no ETA on that front. That said, the latest MoDP yearbook clearly states that corvettes are in the pipeline, so it'll probably happen, eventually...
so basically when pn feels like signing on the dotted line. dont you think thats a bit strange due to the desperate need for frigates? i personally dont buy that pn just has to give the go ahead, there has to be some thing slowing things down.

Plan Naval City like Kamra Aviation City.
would you rather rule the sea or the sky?

so basically when pn feels like signing on the dotted line. dont you think thats a bit strange due to the desperate need for frigates? i personally dont buy that pn just has to give the go ahead, there has to be some thing slowing things down.

would you rather rule the sea or the sky?
procurement of secondary systems i guess, unlike Chinese frigates its not a one window vendor
also till very recently i doubt we even had funding

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom