ICC 2010 Twenty20 World Cup THREAD

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ICC World Twenty20: National camp begins today

Staff Report

LAHORE: Pakistan cricket team’s training camp, under supervision of newly appointed coach Waqar Younis, for the next month’s ICC World Twenty20 begins at the Gaddafi Stadium here on Monday (today).

Waqar will be looking forward to get his boys ready, both physically and mentally, for the mega event in the West Indies from April 30 to May 16 during the three-week preparatory camp. More importantly, Waqar and captain Shahid Afridi will be hoping that their players spend some quality time together as they want them to bond well ahead of the World Twenty20. “I am really looking forward to the training camp,” Waqar said. “It will be a great opportunity for us to get ready for the Twenty20 World Cup both mentally and physically. It will give us ample time to gel together before we go to the West Indies,” he added. Pakistan are to defend the title they won in England last summer. “Fielding is easily our biggest weakness. We will have to work really hard in bringing about an improvement in our fielding,” added Waqar.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

im quite optimistic. with waqar younis as our coach, afridi as captain, and other many gud 20 20 players in our team, we should do gud in coming world cup. main thing will be how players bond with each other. current situation is not gud in this regard.

in the presence of Afridi, Razzaq, Umar Akmal........... anything is possible

I have a feeling Kamran and and Hafeez will also perform better. Kamran is always a useful batsmen in such format and Hafeez first time in my life looks in good form.

I have little worries about the bowling also espacially about out of form Umar Gul but hopefully they will be able to give their 100% and we shall win this World Cup Insha'Allah.

It will be a great pride for our nation if we win this world cup

Squad: Salman Butt, Mohammad Hafeez, Khalid Latif, Umar Akmal, Fawad Alam, Misbah-ul-Haq, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Yasir Arafat, Kamran Akmal (wicket-keeper), Hammad Azam, Saeed Ajmal, Umar Gul, Mohammad Aamir, Mohammad Asif.

Reserves: Sarfraz Ahmed (wicket-keeper), Shahzeb Hasan, Mohammad Sami, Naved Yasin, Raza Hasan.

DAWN.COM | Cricket | Pakistan announces squad for ICC World Twenty20

i have highlighted the players on whom ill put my bets. not sure about others

Amir + Asif = Devastation for the opponents. :)
This is GOOD team, I hope they play as a team.

Hammad Azam played superbly in recent U19 World Cup so he deserves a chance (unless he can play fast). I would have given a chance to Shahzaib Hassan who showed a sign of a talent in T20 World Cup 2009 also and he just outclassed our National team in recent Pakistan A vs Pakistan match where he scored 67 or something in 42 balls.

We have a talent in the team but our main part of worry will remain our batting line up who is not performing consistantly

well i have not been in touch with cricket lately so cant say much about new guys. going by wat you are saying this team sounds gud.

how is our track record in west indies.

well i have not been in touch with cricket lately so cant say much about new guys. going by wat you are saying this team sounds gud.

how is our track record in west indies.

oh well actually T20 is a different format where you don't have to rely on stats and we have not played any T20 match in West Indies so far and Pakistan has the best winning ratio in T20 format so they are ranked Number 1 team since long time now. We have playd 24 ODI matches in West Indies out of which we won 10 matches, lost 13 and 1 of the match was tied.

The last match we played in West Indies was in 2007 ODI World Cup and we had a very poor performance out there but i believe it doesn't really matter when you are talking about T20 matches. Any 1 player could win you a match if he manage to hit couple of boundaries. I know PCB will force Afridi to play Salman Butt so he can open but i would love to see Shahzaib Hassan opening with Kamran Akmal. That guy has a talent he has the ability to hit big sixes like Afridi. I have seen that guy playing in Lords/Oval and trust me i was impressed with his abilities to hit long sixes + i would prefer Hammad Azam over Misbah anyday

Overall we have couple of good youngsters who (if stands on the crease) has the ability to go for big shots

^^lolz.. ya. we are too impressed with his performance in the first 20 20.

ya i dont get it as well. why salman butt? all he can play is off shots and everyone knows how to get him out.

to be honest i never liked yousuf. happy he is gone. feel sorry for younus though

to be honest i never liked yousuf. happy he is gone. feel sorry for younus though

I didn't like Misbah since day one.............. people were in favour of making him a captain of our team........... i used to say THROW HIM OUT of the team.

Yousuf was good in his era (until 2007) and after that he could never find his best form in any format of the game and he was more in TV than the ground for different reasons i.e. ICL, ICL Appeal, exclusion of T20, arguing with Malik, ICL again, Players power etc etc :tdown:

a major fault with us is that wen eva we loose a series we change the captain. that is not a rit way to go. we need to stick with the same captain and let him work on his mistakes as well. dont even remember how many times we have changed our captain in last few years

Back
Top Bottom