What's new

IBO Waziristan 4 soldiers Martyres including a captain 6 injured.

1662472698757.png

We do employ all types, starting from S250 to bigger ones....
I

That's your assumption the drones weren't scouting ahead.
We have no idea on the engagement - so not sure why we are speculating one way or the other. Unless someone has been read into the op and its tactics it is very difficult to ascertain what happened, so prescription of blame is premature.

Having said that IBO should have a higher kill to death ratio, as the element of surprise is always on the LEA side. If this particular IBO netted 1 to 1 ratio then two things failed. Intelligence or tactics or both. Application of force and positioning speaks to tactics employed. Such losses does speak to a breakdown somewhere along the chain.

For example if Intel or surprise was compromised - then tactics should have changed.
If intel or surprise was not compromised then tactics were poor. I have a bad feeling that many of our infantry units are going into these situations poorly trained. These sort of actions are a combination of mountain and CT warfare in nature and those are often difficult and complex in force positions. Without heli support it is very difficult.

Again pure speculation here: for example if units were situationally compromised then the eyes on target should have notified and adjustments such as standoff weapons should have been employed. If there were no eyes on target then that is a failure. Two: all potential ambush points should be cased and eyes on them well prior to engagement should be par for the course. That seldom happens. Last all escape paths ought to have pre-positioned assets to address escapees. These were some of the basic tactics employed by the SSG when in SWAT. That resulted in strong domination and a high kill ratio.

My sense is that since these are one off IBOs, they are often given to less trained units, who often find themselves in poor tactical positions. I have seen this in BN as well as KP. However you slice that, it is poor tactics. Now if we come back and hear that 40-60 miscreants were taken out in this IBO for the loss of 4-6 of our men - then I would notch this to a successful operation.

Bottom line is difficult to ascertain without more details. However does not look or smell good.

4 of theirs were boinked in this IBO as well.
That's not a really good sign. You killed 4 of them and lost 4 of yours including NCOs and a Captain. Despite the fact that you have dominating force

In memory of shaheed Captain Abdul Wali Wazir, the main auditorium of Cadet College Wana, where shaheed was a student and his father is an employee, has been named as Abdul Wali Wazir shaheed auditorium to pay respect and tribute to brave son of the soil....

1662637651068.png

That's not a really good sign. You killed 4 of them and lost 4 of yours including NCOs and a Captain. Despite the fact that you have dominating force
Warfare is predictably unpredictable. You can have the best of the best equipment and setups but still take casualties.

As well as that, but it is ultimately God's choice with who and who does not become a martyr, no matter how much we make the battle in our favour

Bhai jaan even though I have the utmost respect for the armed forces and also belong from army background par iska matlab yeh nahi ke army shahadat ek tool bana kar hamari ankhon par mitti dal de we need results kaha yeh saab galt ho raha hai after 10 years in constant combat we haven't improved our tactics and approach to these situations it's the same old gulli dandha being played with the poor jawan's life whether its by local or higher command.

Inko theek kro yaha to ese bas shahadat shahadat itni shahadat pasand hai to mar jao sab.

You can only fight with life in hand mar ke konsa teer mar lo ge? This whole concept of shahadat may be good for morale boost but in practice it's a big facepalm.

When a soldier is killed in India there is state mourning yaha to bhai hud army wale don't give two hoots 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

By now after countless combat hours and operations, you would expect some sanity in your approach but nahi yeh tho mar jae ge koi change nhi laye ge 🤦🏻‍♂️

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom