What's new

IAF to order 16 more HAL LCA Tejas Mark I Twin Seater Trainer Aircrafts

FORUM RULES AND REGULATIONS

@Chak Bamu
He tried hard to provoke somebody with the silly Mirage comment, but now clearly fulfills the requirements to receive negative ratings or for the Mods to act before the thread goes down don't you think?

Look at the post to which I replied. Dont tell me the rules if you want to selectively apply on me! You Indians seriously need a behavioral therapy.

And what was so silly in comparing your jet with Mirage? Once Indians start making planes better than Europe, then be so offended by such a comment.

Comparing your jet with Mirage was actually a compliment. But since its Indians we are talking to, that arrogance without much achievement is quite expected.

^^^ Guys, cool down. Word for word, airmarshal congratulated us. Don't find a thorn in every comment a Pakistani forumer makes. Take it as a compliment. Ukhaad ukhaad ke kitna ukhaadoge?

Look at the post to which I replied. Dont tell me the rules if you want to selectively apply on me! You Indians seriously need a behavioral therapy.

And what was so silly in comparing your jet with Mirage? Once Indians start making planes better than Europe, then be so offended by such a comment.

Comparing your jet with Mirage was actually a compliment. But since its Indians we are talking to, that arrogance without much achievement is quite expected.

I don't know where you get the idea of your so called " indian mentality "
If you have time, read my 1000+ posts and see where I am boasting and where I am cocky ..
Probably you will get to know the typical " indian mentality" better. :D

^^^ Guys, cool down. Word for word, airmarshal congratulated us. Don't find a thorn in every comment a Pakistani forumer makes. Take it as a compliment. Ukhaad ukhaad ke kitna ukhaadoge?

I am not very sure of that.
Even though, I subtly made it look like that, by taking it that way .

That's why I had to tell him humbly that we don't take that as a compliment.

Last edited:
Its actually a good idea.
In my opinion, either of Tata or Mahindra can approach Well known aircraft manufacturers for a JV,
Coz believe it or not a confirmed order for 200-250 Tejas MK2 is enticing enough, not to mention a follow on order for AMCA to replace Jaguars and Mirages in 2030s

I believe Boeing would be really interested in this deal. Since with the production of F-15 ending in 2016 and that of Super Hornets ending in 2020, they will be virtually out of the fighter market for the next 20 years.
They would be interested to remain a viable player in the fighter market and Joint production of LCA MK2 could help them in this regards.

My bat on LCA MK 3 Like Gripen NG with 120 Kn engime and 7 ton weight lifting capability.

MOD should consult aviation giants for redesign of Tejas' wing and redesign of air intake. That will improve the performance a lot.

@hariprasad

already I feel mk2 production will be around 2020
AMCA will start around 2025

So there is less chance for mk3 with major chances. Only MLU possible after mk2.

So whatever changes is needed in tejas has to be done in mk2, which again will move the mk2 closer to AMCA dates.

Why do I get the feeling that the twin seater is a little short on rear side of fuselage...

I am not aeronautical engineer but looking at the jetbtells something about its C of G and performance is not as Mich as it could be. Just saying looking at gripen.

Guys, take it easy. There is nothing wrong with @airmarshal comment.

Airmarshal, emotions run high between India and Pakistan. But don't judge Indians on few comments :)

Maybe you didn't mean it, but Pakistanis often ludicrously claim that the Tejas was simply a ripoff of M2K. So when you said what you said, some members assumed you were trolling.

Look at the post to which I replied.

Don't neet to, because it's your first post that provoked any replies! You purposely tried to derail the thread from topic and hiding behind some nice first words doesn't change that. Your real aim is pretty visible in your follow posts:

But this is Indian mentality therapy.
But since its Indians we are talking to

RACISM AND OTHER
No racist posts are allowed or other posts that are designed to put people down based on their nationality
FORUM RULES AND REGULATIONS

If you don't have something to contribute to the topic, why come up with pointless comments at all?

My bat on LCA MK 3 Like Gripen NG with 120 Kn engime and 7 ton weight lifting capability.

Gripen will use the GE 414G engine, with the same 98kN as LCA MK2 will have. The EPE engine with more thrust is offered by GE, but it requires more funds for development and has trade offs by reduced life and increased maintenance, which is why Saab will most like go for the already available version, unless a Gripen E/F customer requires the EPE.
Besides that, a speculated MK3 will only be another upgrade step of the LCA but by far not a stealth or NG fighter as DRDO tries to show it in the media. You can make some airframe shapings, but that makes it also less aerodynamic and LCA already has issues in that regard.
Not to mention that we first need to see what the MK2 will finally be look like and what final specs it will have. In fact, we don't even know what the weight difference today is between the LCA MK1 IAF version and the N-LCA MK1, which would be highly interesting to know, since that gives us an idea what the difference of MK2 IAF and MK IN might be.
Gripen E for example is now given with an empty weight of 8000Kg, which puts the Sea Gripen around 8500Kg and there are more modifciations for N-LCA need from LCA, than for the Sea Gripen from the Gripen E. Wonder if IN will go for N-LCA MK2 twin seater, if the emptyweight goes beyond 7000Kg?

So will the Mark-1 production could reach to 100 or 150 if IAF orders more.... ?

Please don try to derail the thread ... Please do contribute positive if you have something...

So will the Mark-1 production could reach to 100 or 150 if IAF orders more.... ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom