What's new

IAF Sentry Shoots Colleague for failing to respond to the code word.

Sorry to break you but I am speaking from an American perspective. I only recently moved back to Hong Kong and yes, I agree that Hong Kong accent is hard to understand, but Indians are something else. The famous joke is the Dell support desk in India. You never get any help from these guys because they don't pronounce anything correct :D

yeah, thats why the call center business in india is growing at 20% because no one understands . Grow up.

Garia, a native of Uttaranchal, reportedly failed to respond properly to the code word, following which Kumar shot three rounds from his rifle - one in the air and two below, police said.

The shots fired below pierced Garia's chest and abdomen and he died on the spot.
There must be a criminal investigation into this incident. I think this poor guy lost his life for nothing. In peace-time, at least, it's generally not common practice to shoot the guy, especially if you see him every day.

In Peshawar, soldiers/policemen have a shoot-order for anyone who breaks through a barrier, even if the person is wearing an Army uniform. However, Peshawar is on the frontlines of the war on insurgency. I don't think that is the case in Uttaranchal. It could very well be that the shooter was following strict procedure, but an investigation should occur nonetheless. It's only fair to the dead man's family.

Accept my condolences.

There must be a criminal investigation into this incident. I think this poor guy lost his life for nothing. In peace-time, at least, it's generally not common practice to shoot the guy, especially if you see him every day.

In Peshawar, soldiers have a shoot-order even if the person is wearing an Army uniform, but then again, Peshawar is on the frontlines of the war on insurgency. I don't think that is the case in Uttaranchal. It could very well be that the shooter was following strict procedure, but a criminal investigation should occur nonetheless. It's only fair to the dead man's family.

Accept my condolences.

No Uttaranchal, it happend in sulur Tamilnadu.

This is pretty strange. Its could be something personal or maybe the facility is more than just what they say it is.

In any case, god bless the fallen soldier.

This is pretty strange. Its could be something personal or maybe the facility is more than just what they say it is.

It might be personal only as it's a BRD base and not a Ops base.
I think its 5BRD which is out there in Sulur.

It might be personal only as it's a BRD base and not a Ops base.
I think its 5BRD which is out there in Sulur.

It could be Personal and something more, may be a cover up to a wrong kill.

Most militaries in the world use this same practice and the kid done his job well. The code can be anything like, say the word "LOVE". The sentry will quite clearly shout Halt and say, Lima Oscar and if the code is known then he will reply, Victor Echo. If you fail to do that then your good as dead.

Its a practice done everywhere as I myself have used it regularly, obviously not that word in particular but others.

The C of I will bring it all out.

i dont want to speculate, it was just to give some thoughts out. But dear, if it has been due to some mischief, the result of the inquiry would not be much different.

Back
Top Bottom