What's new

IAF Sentry Shoots Colleague for failing to respond to the code word.

beckham

Reaction score
IAF Sentry Shoots Colleague

A sentry on duty at Indian Air Force unit at Sulur, on the city outskirts, shot his colleague dead for failing to properly respond to the code word.

According to police, Rajesh Kumar, hailing from Bihar, 'challenged' (a practice in the Force) Deepak Garia, before handing over the duty.

However, Garia, a native of Uttaranchal, reportedly failed to respond properly to the code word, following which Kumar shot three rounds from his rifle - one in the air and two below, police said.

The shots fired below pierced Garia's chest and abdomen and he died on the spot.

Kumar is being interrogated by senior Air Force officials, police said.

| IAF Sentry Shoots Colleague

^^^i cant understand honkong accent to be frank

as i am an indian i would easily understand wat an another indian is saying but about others the above results would happen including u

Sorry to break you but I am speaking from an American perspective. I only recently moved back to Hong Kong and yes, I agree that Hong Kong accent is hard to understand, but Indians are something else. The famous joke is the Dell support desk in India. You never get any help from these guys because they don't pronounce anything correct :D

any ways at topic the poor fellow was just doing his job as air force needs high level of security its an common practice in army at sensitive places

There should be no laughing or sarcastic remarks, and if anyone does that rest should feel sorry for them for such a state of mind.

It is an unfortunate incident, which is not first of its kind in the world, many times it has happened, operational hazard and will keep happening as soldiers are human beings too, fully capable to make mistakes of such nature.

Haha too much Indian accent I guess? It is hard to understand what the Indians say.

It is hard to understand how anyone in his right senses could find a death to be funny .

Unless there was something malafide, the guard on duty did right. The news item does not mention the area or location that was being guarded.He did fire warning shots. The Court of Inquiry will bring out the details.

Security is not something to be taken lightly.

RIP the dead. But it was his fault too. Why didn't he replied to the code.

Back
Top Bottom