What's new

IAF new 126 jets

India to issue RFPs to buy 125 aircraft in a month : IAF

Maintaining that "F-16s are very much in contention", Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal S P Tyagi today said the Government is expected to issue Request for Proposals (RFPs) to prospective parties on purchasing 125 fighter aircraft in a USD five billion contract

"I think within a month's time, RFPs will go," the Air Chief Marshal told reporters here on the sidelines of a function at Aircraft and Systems Testing Establishment.

Jets being reportedly considered for purchase are the Lockheed Martin's F-16 from the US, France's Mirage 2000, the MiG-29 from Russia and the Swedish Gripen.

Asked about the possibility of F-16s bagging the deal, he said: "That possibility exists. Of course, we have asked them for information; so, it's very much in contention."

Asked if provision would be made in this year's Union budget for buying the aircraft, the Chief of Air Staff said: "It will take a long time to sign the contract. We are not buying potatoes and vegetables. Are we ? It's a USD five billion deal. It won't happen in a day."

He termed the recent second Indo-US air exercise at the IAF's Kalaikunda airbase in West Bengal a "great learning process". "From military point of view, it's a great learning process; they (Americans) learnt from us and we learnt from them."

"We get to exercise with different kind of equipment..We have exercised F-16s and AWACs; that's the big advantage to India," Air Chief Marshal Tyagi, who described F-16s as "decent aircraft", said.

He denied that he called Pakistan the enemy number one of India. Pakistan is a security challenge and it's not a secret, he said.

Link

Thanks,

Miro

India Boosts Aircraft Buy, Widens Supplier Options DefenseNews.com staff stories

As it is now clear through Indian defence ministries they are going for around 210 aircrafts and from 2 different vendors.IAF have clearly gives an indication that at least one vendor would be from US.
This means IAF would get 210 new aircrafts + 40 new tejas with in next 10 years.Induction would start from 2008 onwards.

As IAF chief have clearly said they need 70-100 new planes specially for Naval warfare need.So we can hope for 125 planes either Mig-35s or MR2K series and other 90-100 planes of F-22. :)

Source: http://www.defensenews.com/channel.php?C=airwar

Eurofighters join the race for combat aircraft

HUMA SIDDIQUI
Posted online: Friday, November 25, 2005 at 0132 hours IST

NEW DELHI, NOV 24: In a new twist to the Indian quest for the 126 medium range combat aircraft (MRCA), a fifth bidder has appeared on the scene nearly a year after the request for information were invited.
Officials attribute the sudden emergence of EADS offering its Eurofighter Typhoon for the prestigious Indian order as a strong bid to keep the American Lockheed Martin and Boeing out of contention.

Read the full story here.

Thanks,

Miro

Target locked: IAF aims for Mirage 4000

Drimi Chaudhuri

Kolkata, December 3, 2005

The Defence Ministry might be on the lookout for a new Air Superiority Fighter (ASF) aircraft for the Indian Air Force (IAF) but it is not going to be the US F-16. According to a senior official in the ministry, the government has zeroed in on Mirage 4000, manufactured by Dassault Bréguet of France.

Sources said that senior officials from both the Defence Ministry and the IAF had already checked out Mirage 4000 and had expressed satisfaction on its performance and the features provided by the French manufacturer. "A suitable quotation has been received from Dassault Bréguet and since the IAF has already used Mirage 2000, the latest from the Mirage stable is gaining over F-16," sources added.

The ASFs being considered are Mirage 4000 and Saab Gripen from Sweden apart from Sukhoi-30 and the upgraded version of MiG-29 from Russia. "Mirage, however, is providing added features," sources said.

All this was happening even in March this year when Lockheed Martin from the US, the maker of F-16, was busy making presentations to senior IAF officials, and in November when COPE-India 2005, the Indo-US joint military exercises, was on at the Kalaikunda Air Force Station. Sources, however, said that despite PowerPoint presentations and speculations from various quarters, the Government is not keen on buying F-16s because the aircraft is familiar to Pakistan’s. "Chances of F-16 bagging the deal are not much because the IAF plans to buy an aircraft which Pakistan and other neighbours have not used," said a defence expert.

Although India is satisfied with its arsenal of MiG-29 and Sukhoi-30, it wants an alternative to Russia-developed aircraft in case there are problems in acquiring spare hardware. "India does not want to suffer like it did with the MiG after the end of the Soviet era. It difficult to buy spares since most of its earlier defence deals were with the USSR and not with individual firms.

Link

Cooooool.

Thats what I was looking for.

May this comes true.

Miro

when i read the post i thought wtf did i just read??and i saw the date...pheww..:sleep: spolied my sleep..
where are my planes...its 8 years..now
2v2ywpx.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom