What's new

i want to join ISI as a civilian

to which extent merit is observed in the hiring process? i hear the soldiers are favored over civilians is it true? last time i was shortlisted but never heard from them.

Pref always given to ex forces because of welfare and vetting reasons.

so civilians got no chance ? :(
I didn't say that. Like I said, if you have a high end engineering degree it increases your chances of getting head hunted, especially if you have advanced understanding of VOIP, Network Analysis, Network Operations, Electrical and mechanical engineering, Cyber etc.

so civilians got no chance ? :(
Why not apply for Police and Transfer to Special Branch, Special Branch do a lot of work with ISI and MI.

I didn't say that. Like I said, if you have a high end engineering degree it increases your chances of getting head hunted, especially if you have advanced understanding of VOIP, Network Analysis, Network Operations, Electrical and mechanical engineering, Cyber etc.

Why not apply for Police and Transfer to Special Branch, Special Branch do a lot of work with ISI and MI.
i do have an engineering degree but still..anyways thanks for the advice.. i think civilians would have better chances of getting hired by civil intelligence like IB and special branch

to which extent merit is observed in the hiring process? i hear the soldiers are favored over civilians is it true? last time i was shortlisted but never heard from them.
let me make a correction over there --- Contractual Employees are preferred over the new recruits ...... they have a pool of contractual employees who have been working at the Agency for few years, in order to join the Permanent cadre of employees they have to go through the same process as fresh recruits.....hence in 2015 & 2016 Batch, most of the selected were already working at the Agency

i do have an engineering degree but still..anyways thanks for the advice.. i think civilians would have better chances of getting hired by civil intelligence like IB and special branch
just keep trying with MoD, NACTA, Punjab Forensic Science Agency, CTD....every now and then add pops up for them....I will let you know when I see one for the Agency in question

Why people are obsessed with joining intelligence agencies, only if they knew how these agencies work, no way near to James bond movies.
If they are really keen to serve there country , they can do that at individual level. They dont have to join armed forces or intelligence agencies for that purpose.

People think that joining and working in intelligence agencies would be a piece of cake and normal routine job. There is not anything but routine in intelligence work.

Even the entrance exam taken for ISI is so damn tough that hardly any candidates pass it. And not to mention the sacrifices the intelligence personal have to give in form of missing family functions, threats on there and there families lives, Low income and salary etc.

@544_delta you may wish to visit FPSC website, IB has advertised its vacancies for the post of Assistant Director - BPS 17

That's useless, Sir. No honest selection for AD is performed unless you've a nice PAWWA.
FPSC recruitment is done on the merit -- there is no pawa --- pawa is only useful when you reach the Interview stage or Department allocation

I too want to join as a civilian.
If I have to wear tailored Italian suits. Get to drive all those expensive cars. Use those gadgets. And date hot any girls.
Isn't that what spies do?
Lol

@544_delta you may wish to visit FPSC website, IB has advertised its vacancies for the post of Assistant Director - BPS 17
Already applied....i had cleared tests for ISI for positions of scale 17 as well as 14..was shortlisted aswell but not called...one of these days im gonna give up on this country

I too want to join as a civilian.
If I have to wear tailored Italian suits. Get to drive all those expensive cars. Use those gadgets. And date hot any girls.
Isn't that what spies do?
Lol
I think they dont hire people with single digit iq but plz keep your fingers crossed :-)

Already applied....i had cleared tests for ISI for positions of scale 17 as well as 14..was shortlisted aswell but not called...one of these days im gonna give up on this country

I think they dont hire people with single digit iq but plz keep your fingers crossed :-)

You should get the interview call if you have cleared the test.

Back
Top Bottom