What's new

I want to ask Indians something

Bollywood dont portray reality and real issues of societies ..instead its there to escape from reality and its all about fake world of glamour where you love , sex, sing, dance etc and feel good.. it can influences the young minds

have you seen movies like ,

Khosla ks Ghosla
Rang de basanti
Peepli live
corporate
maqbool
omkara
Company
D company
Kaminey
Taare zameen par
3 idiots
Munnabhai movies
swadesh
Lagaan
etc etc etc....

Bollywood produces all kinds of movies although i agree most of them are crap .

bollywood or any movies is an art or expression of ideas. the intention of each film maker is different. some movies are made to make money only, some on the other hand is purely an art or expression of ideas, or a message etc.. and some choose a middle path by making sure that the movie makes money with out compromising too much on quality, these movies are simple and common man will understand and enjoy it.

movies will not make changes in society or contribute overnight..but it does contribute.

have you seen movies like ,

Khosla ks Ghosla
Rang de basanti
Peepli live
corporate
maqbool
omkara
Company
D company
Kaminey
Taare zameen par
3 idiots
Munnabhai movies
swadesh
Lagaan
etc etc etc....

Bollywood produces all kinds of moviei as although i agree most of them are crap .
Yes its true ..i did not watch all of them but another one swades was worth watching..but lakin asi movies attey mein namak ki tra hein

..if you look at all these hit movies recently you will get my point

Yes its true ..i did not watch all of them but another one swades was worth watching..but lakin asi movies attey mein namak ki tra hein

That is the idea . 90-95 % movies are crap . Choose the movies you watch very carefully . dont go after movies that make the most money .

watch movies that are critically acclaimed even if they are low budget and have smaller actors and no superstars .

The point is that most ' Hit ' Bollywood movies now days cater to the masses and not so much to the educated classes .

Bollywood movies are private ventures, without any govt support. Even before they start the movie, they have to think of audiance choice.
It is same as hollywood, tell me one recent good hollywood movie, most of them are masala movies.

The european Industry is able to produce some good ones due to govt's investment (Tax payers). Not sure about Iranian, only Irani can answer.

There was a parallel cineman movement in 80s who made some good movies but could not sustain it. I am sure you know about those movies.

personally i hate bollywood!!!
its just created a fantasy world for the audiences, 99% movies are based on love affairs.. a simple looking guy fights with 15 men at a time and every things become ok in the end(so called happy ending)..u really dont have to apply ur mind while watching a movie!!

its just created a fantasy world for the audiences, 99% movies are based on love affairs.. a simple looking guy fights with 15 men at a time and every things become ok in the end(so called happy ending)..u really dont have to apply ur mind while watching a movie!!

Again a blanket generalisation .

refer to my previous posts .

It is your fault if you are watching the crap movies which are all the same and ignoring the good ones .You need to choose carefully .

i agree with u but i know many persons who like the same stuff if it is in hollywood. hypocrisy?????

Again a blanket generalisation .

refer to my previous posts .

It is your fault if you are watching the crap movies which are all the same and ignoring the good ones .You need to choose carefully .

totally agree with u. if u don't like some specific stuff don't watch it. look for something else. every year many good movies from bollywood go unheard, i can name many good movies from last couple of yrs which most ppl have never heard of. on other side i haven't watched any blockbuster movie which earned in crores in last 2 yrs. i haven't watched movies like Ra.one, singham, bodygaurd, ready, dabbang etc etc because this kind of stuff is not appealing to me.

i agree with u but i know many persons who like the same stuff if it is in hollywood. hypocrisy?????
did i said that i love hollywood!!
no doubt hollywood produces some standard movies..
the thing i like about hollywood is their cinematography and direction..
their production level is so high and there are to many experts involves..not like naive Farha khan direct "om shanti om!!" and it became a instant hit with darde disco!!:bad:
in hollywood movies..everything happens for a reason and in bollywood movies..everything happens without a reason!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom