What's new

I hate my girlfriend, because i love my car.

jeep_1942.jpg

this is how the car looks we this is not mine but will upload my cars pic soon you can see something attached to the front tyre that is the original 4*4 system of the jeep which i cant find

hey guys i have bought a 1942 ford jeep recently for 20 lakhs inr it was used in 1947 war but was damaged and was sold to a rich family in indore they used it for hunting and all after some time there family shifted to uk recently one of the family member sold that car to my dad as he was having some financial trouble now i have found many of its original parts from here and there and some from abroad but i cant find its single motor glass wiper its original 4*4 system does any one has an idea where i van find them but they should be original and also the radiator of the engine and the cannon which was taken out of the car when it was sold

20 lacs for a willy? WTF.....haha man... im in process of buying one in just 80,000...though il have to restore it.

But im confused....... should i buy a jeep n customise it or buy go for a civic......... Need some advice.... wat will attract some attention frm the opposite gender?

20 lacs for a willy? WTF.....haha man... im in process of buying one in just 80,000...though im have to restore it.

But im confused....... should i buy the jeep n customise it or buy a civic......... Need some advice.... wat will attract some attention frm the opposite gender?

you dont get those cheap in india and that one was in all original condition well leaving the part which i mentioned above my dad loves old car he can spend huge amounts to get them i will post some pics of his cars tough only 3 are here rest are in bhopal indore and ratlam and yeah its nota willy

20 lacs for a willy? WTF.....haha man... im in process of buying one in just 80,000...though im have to restore it.

But im confused....... should i buy the jeep n customise it or buy a civic......... Need some advice.... wat will attract some attention frm the opposite gender?

That - the Civic, for sure.

But if it was me, I would definitely go for the Jeep and put all the bells and whistles I could think of!! "Pimp Ma Jeep, Yo!!"

But if it was me, I would definitely go for the Jeep and put all the bells and whistles I could think of!! "Pimp Ma Jeep, Yo!!"

thats the worst thing you can do to a vintage car well if you are lucky to find one in india most of them are in such a condition from were they can not be restored most of them were cut open by the kabadis

I think..... il go for the jeep too.
Been lookin for some ideas.......

Will convert it into somethin like these

Last edited by a moderator:
you dont get those cheap in india and that one was in all original condition well leaving the part which i mentioned above my dad loves old car he can spend huge amounts to get them i will post some pics of his cars tough only 3 are here rest are in bhopal indore and ratlam and yeah its nota willy

The pic u posted is a willys 42........probably ford.

The pic u posted is a willys 42........probably ford.

there is a difference in willys and fords willys were mass produced fords were not fords front grills were different more over there is a bid badge in which it is writen 1942 ford jeeps and the division number willys dont have them more over the fuel tanks are different there is frame just bellow the front wind shield to keep rifles and at sides to keep pistols willys didnt have them there are four types of headlightes in ford willys had only 2 the fours were
1 st the normal ones
2 nd the low ones
3 rd the the very dim ones
and last was a lamp like light on the right side that only lightened a smaller area was used during night times
then there were the minor differences such as the horn system the wiper placing

Well tuck all of this....... i just bought a cj-5 n going to customise it into something like this!

2rf3253.jpg

what do u think is the size of those shoes?

Also need ur suggestions!!!!

what the condition of the body? mechanically everything works good??

make sure you do the bear essentials first and that it is running smoothly, then go into modifications....

for mods, what is your budget?

first things that come to my mind

appearance:

-throw on an HID kit, you can get em on ebay or Alibaba
-if the wheels are scratched up, get them sand-blasted and repainted
-tint the windows 25% all around

sound

-you know the drill; get a flip out headunit (JVC and Pioneer make good ones); i dont know where the speakers are (or if it even has a stereo) but put some 6 x 9s in the back and 6 x 4s in the front since they'll probably fit best. Alpine makes good component speakers. Put a little bass in their too, put in a Kicker 10 or 12 (whatever fits) in a vented box.

suspension:

i dont know what your budget it, but if you have extra cash to spend --put in a hydraulic lift kit.....this is not cheap to do and it involves a lot of labour. If there are people in your Province who do that kind of work, go for it. Otherwise, just put in some heavy duty gas shocks --since likely the shock absorbers on that car are old and it will sag a bit.

that would be a good start

The body needs some denting n painting ....the engine is 2c...running....tyres,wheels r pathetic... same goes for the interior..... n thnks for the cool ideas zulfi bro.

strip the interior, get it re-upholstered

address any rust issue NOW, or hold your peace...

body painting/denting is dirt cheap in Pakistan....find a good local wala to do it for you.

is this gonna be a daily driver or for only off-roads use?

To tell u the truth...... its going to be just for chillaxin with my frnds n some dash....lol

Back
Top Bottom