What's new

Hyderabad-Tirupati route gets its first double decker train.

Awww don't make that rotlu face. I don't know anything about RSS group anyway. :)

Hehe the kaka in your dp is gonna love those trains. I'm already in love with them and I'm not even a Kaka. :P
Is that a video? I can't watch it. :(
The train I see in the thumbnail doesn't attract me as it got the "corporate" look. The ones this thread is about are "cartoonly" cute, though. o_O

A more desirable step than the foolish decisions on bullet trains IMO

Double decker coaches are not especially new though - the non-airconditioned ones have been plying the Mumbai-Ahmedabad route for decades. Airconditioned ones were introduced on that route 5 years ago at least, also on Southern Railway Bangalore to Londa.

A more desirable step than the foolish decisions on bullet trains IMO

Double decker coaches are not especially new though - the non-airconditioned ones have been plying the Mumbai-Ahmedabad route for decades. Airconditioned ones were introduced on that route 5 years ago at least, also on Southern Railway Bangalore to Londa.
The first double deckers were introduced in 1970s. And then fell out of favour for some reason.

Did anybody travel in this double decker train? Does it has sleeper coaches too?

Govinda! ............................... Govinda! ;)
I normally travel between Delhi & Jaipur using double decker train. Comfortable, better seats, broad ally. Only problem is.. it is not designed for big size luggage. Upper portion is really good with almost no vibrations and jerks.

Good move by Indian railway

Back
Top Bottom