Huawei says its real competitor is Samsung, not Xiaomi

BoQ77

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Huawei says its real competitor is Samsung, not Xiaomi
28 January, 2015 |
Huawei may well be behind Xiaomi in local as well as international rankings, but that doesn’t mean it considers the latter as its competitor, or so claimed the company’s CEO Richard Yu, who said that Huawei instead sees Samsung as its real rival.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Yu also said that Xiaomi, which has apparently reached the number two position in China now, stands no chance in the high-end segment of the market, while adding that the startup’s Mi Note as well as Mi 4 devices offer no advantages over Huawei’s Ascend Mate 7 and Honor 6 Plus, respectively.

The news comes just a few days after Yu slammed Xiaomi’s recently unveiled Mi Note Pro for having poor battery life.

Yes, of course, what's your problem? There is no comparison at all.

Huawei is a world class company with $46 bln revenues. Huawei has tree main operating sectors, the smartphone(comsumer sector) only accounts for $11 bln.

I bought a Huawei honor 6 plus and it failed after 2 days of used. I returned it for full refund. Never in my life will get another Chinese phone.

The chipset on the Huawei is very low quality vs the Snapdragon and Intel.

The phone only look nice on the outside but the inside is crap. I spent about $600 bucks on that plastic when I could purchase an S5 for the same price but way better chipset.

I bought a Huawei honor 6 plus and it failed after 2 days of used. I returned it for full refund. Never in my life will get another Chinese phone.

The phone only look nice on the outside but the inside is crap. I spent about $600 bucks on that plastic when I could purchase an S5 for the same price but way better chipset.
Hehe, "good" story to slander Huawei and Chinese brand.

The time to market of honor 6 plus is 2014.12, don't know what is the date in foreign, in China, its price is 1999 Yuan, about 330 dollars, of course, it is hard to get, My many colleague want one, but can get, I also hope can buy one.

you spend 600 bucks, wow, such expensive in Canada?! seems you can buy a iphone with that money, surprised you buying a Chinese phone.

As I know, about 70% colleague I know buy Huawei phone, me too, it is very good, next phone, Huawei and Xiaomi both are my candidate, Huawei is good, but someone say Xiaomi MIUI is very good, want check it.

Hehe, "good" story to slander Huawei and Chinese brand.

The time to market of honor 6 plus is 2014.12, don't know what is the date in foreign, in China, its price is 1999 Yuan, about 330 dollars, of course, it is hard to get, My many colleague want one, but can get, I also hope can buy one.

you spend 600 bucks, wow, such expensive in Canada?! seems you can buy a iphone with that money, surprised you buying a Chinese phone.

As I know, about 70% colleague I know buy Huawei phone, me too, it is very good, next phone, Huawei and Xiaomi both are my candidate, Huawei is good, but someone say Xiaomi MIUI is very good, want check it.

It's not "slander" when it's a real fact. Yes, the phone was expensive for what it can do. Nice phone but not worth the money for the performance it generated. I lost money in shipping so the total came to about $800 for the phone. I'm still waiting for my money back to minimize my loss.:hitwall:

It's not "slander" when it's a real fact. Yes, the phone was expensive for what it can do. Nice phone but not worth the money for the performance it generated. I lost money in shipping so the total came to about $800 for the phone. I'm still waiting for my money back to minimize my loss.:hitwall:
Hehe, keep making up the story.

Check you comments, such you kind of China-hater buy Chinese brand phone, surprised! hehe, time to market of Honor 6 plus is later than time you join PDF, you said it cost you about 600 bucks, do you know the price of Honor plus? you said you lose money in shipping, very funny, are you sure the phone you buy is real Huawei honor 6 plus?

Why you lost money in shipping, are you deceived? and the one that deceive you is Chinese?

Below are pictures of real Honor 6 plus for you:
s_015deb9084f3499db4e421479f4d87d9.jpg

s_7d92c142d2084be69c9f227407fc8cf6.jpg

Hehe, keep making up the story.

Check you comments, such you kind of China-hater buy Chinese brand phone, surprised! hehe, time to market of Honor 6 plus is later than time you join PDF, you said it cost you about 600 bucks, do you know the price of Honor plus? you said you lose money in shipping, very funny, are you sure the phone you buy is real Huawei honor 6 plus?

Why you lost money in shipping, are you deceived? and the one that deceive you is Chinese?

Below are pictures of real Honor 6 plus for you:
s_015deb9084f3499db4e421479f4d87d9.jpg

s_7d92c142d2084be69c9f227407fc8cf6.jpg

I bought the phone and used it myself. I even did research on the hardware of this phone. What the hell do you even know? Posting pictures of that phone isn't going to prove your point when you have no idea what the hardware is about. Yes, I bought the phone directly from Chinese vendor who also happen to sold it to many other people throughout China and globally. God, what's wrong with you people. It's a cold hard fact that Huawei is like Toyota back in the 90s. This phone wont do well here in the West because Huawei simply cannot compete with Snapdragon and Intel in terms of performance. Stop being so ignorant. I don't hate anyone, it's just a simple fact that you guys are not open to criticisms.

Last edited:

We don't want liars in this forum。

You are free to express your views or opinions(it is just an opinion anyway),but pls do refrain from making silly lies。:argh:

You repeat the same story on another thread and apparently you think people will take your fake story seriously hence the repeat.

I can make a million stories about India or Vietnam and perhaps 95% of them may happen to be true. What is this fixation with everything Chinese?

Your post has been reported @Hu Songshan @Horus .

Viet is lying of course. You can't get Huawei honour 6 in Canada with any of the telecomm companies. Vietnamese are liars like always.

Btw I bought some Jack fruit from Vietnam and found a sliced finger in there! Disgusting, don't buy Vietnamese products.

LOL.

Viet is lying of course. You can't get Huawei honour 6 in Canada with any of the telecomm companies. Vietnamese are liars like always.

Btw I bought some Jack fruit from Vietnam and found a sliced finger in there! Disgusting, don't buy Vietnamese products.

the most trolling, insulting post I saw. Your post would be better look after my revision as above.

Chinese, Japanese OLED display makers challenge Korean companies

By: Jung Suk-yee | businesskorea.co.kr | Posted: 29 Jan 2015, 14:00

The penetration of Chinese and Japanese firms into the global OLED display market, which is dominated by Korean companies, is threatening Korean industry.

According to industry sources on Jan. 27, China-based EverDisplay Optronics and Tianma are going to mass produce small and mid-sized OLED panels this year. BOE Technology, the largest panel supplier in China, and Japanese firm JOLED have also started large-scale investment in the mass production of OLED panels.

EverDisplay Optronics is the first Chinese panel maker that is seeking to mass produce OLED displays. The company is scheduled to produce full HD AMOLED panels used in smartphones in the first quarter of this year, and more improved WQHD AMOLED panels in Q3 2015. Tianma is reportedly planning to start mass producing small to mid-sized OLED panels in around Q3. The Chinese firm began to construct a 5.5-generation LTPS OLED production facility in Shanghai in January 2014.

BOE Technology and China Star Optoelectronics Technology (CSOT) are also drawing a lot of attention, since they are aggressively seeking to make a large-scale investment in OLED panels. In October 2014, BOE announced a plan to inject 22 billion yuan (US$3.6 billion) in its LTPS OLED production facility. CSOT, on the other hand, is said to be planning to invest in an 8th-generation oxide OLED panel line in Shenzhen and a 6-gen LTPS OLED line in Wuhan.

JOLED, which was jointly established by Sony, Panasonic, Japan Display, and the Innovation Network Corporation of Japan, began full-scale investment in an OLED facility this year. According to overseas media outlets, JOLED is scheduled to inject 70 to 80 billion yen (US$592 to $677 million) by 2016 to develop OLED panels. The Japanese display maker is also planning to ship panels for laptops starting in 2017.

In addition, there has been widespread speculation that Apple's supplier Foxconn has started preparations to mass produce OLED panels. Apple has reportedly decided to adopt OLED displays manufactured by Foxconn in its next iPhone. Foxconn is said to be planning to build a plant for OLED panels to meet the demand.

A full-scale investment in OLED production facilities by Chinese and Japanese companies is actually threatening two Korean firms, which dominate the global OLED panel market. Samsung Display has virtually dominated the market for OLED panels used in small to mid-sized devices such as smartphones and tablet PCs. LG Display, on the other hand, has led the OLED panel market for TVs.

I bought the phone and used it myself. I even did research on the hardware of this phone. What the hell do you even know? Posting pictures of that phone isn't going to prove your point when you have no idea what the hardware is about. Yes, I bought the phone directly from Chinese vendor who also happen to sold it to many other people throughout China and globally. God, what's wrong with you people. It's a cold hard fact that Huawei is like Toyota back in the 90s. This phone wont do well here in the West because Huawei simply cannot compete with Snapdragon and Intel in terms of performance. Stop being so ignorant. I don't hate anyone, it's just a simple fact that you guys are not open to criticisms.
So such you kind of foreigner that don't like even hate China, are willing to buy a Chinese brand phone, with such expensive price, no only be ripped off, also unfortunately, you lost money, and buy a "defective" Phone, you are so "lucky", hehe. don't you think the liar is very unreasonable?!

And here you seems want teaching me the hardware knowlege, hehe, you do even not know why I question your so-call experience buying Honor 6 plus.

In fact, proving your experience is very simple, show you receipt that buying and returning honor 6 plus, and other record, is it hard?! don't tell me, you buy it from a "Chinese thief", no proof?!

Xiaomi is not that cheap !!!
The most notice is the similar in appearance to Iphone.

So, as long as Iphone still has big demand in China, then Xiaomi still sell good.

Xiaome, themselves never expect a collapse of Iphone in China. That's their death too.

So such you kind of foreigner that don't like even hate China, are willing to buy a Chinese brand phone, with such expensive price, no only be ripped off, also unfortunately, you lost money, and buy a "defective" Phone, you are so "lucky", hehe. don't you think the liar is very unreasonable?!

And here you seems want teaching me the hardware knowlege, hehe, you do even not know why I question your so-call experience buying Honor 6 plus.

In fact, proving your experience is very simple, show you receipt that buying and returning honor 6 plus, and other record, is it hard?! don't tell me, you buy it from a "Chinese thief", no proof?!

He's Vietnamese. I doubt he bought a Chinese phone as much as he despises all things Chinese. He's mainly upset because Vietnam is too economically backwards to produce any kind of phone, let alone a smartphone for him to buy. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom