What's new

HQ-9 Surface to Air Missile and Pakistan Air Force

There is no such joint command.
Pakistan Army Air Defence does operate under PAF control during deployments. For instance, in 1971 a couple of AAA units were removed from their formations and sent to guard air bases.

A while back the army was close to acquiring the FD2000, but the deal didn’t go through.

As far as I know, they still want it and will get it eventually (as their LRSAM requirement still remains), or maybe a more recent version of the system. The purchase may have been halted because they needed funds for something else or wanted to wait for a better system.

However I do not remember the PAF showing clear interest in the HQ-9, the PAF will definitely get new SAMS sooner or later too, the requirement is there, but I believe they have a higher chance of buying a western system (likely Italian) than a Chinese one given their historical usage. Though maybe if they don’t find what they want in the west they’ll look into Chinese options again.

Not entirely true. Army has their own AD. Air force has their own. PAF AD is very significant.

What was the reason to buy the SPADA ?

At least they don't shoot down their own search and rescue helos

Pakistan Army Air Defence does operate under PAF control during deployments. For instance, in 1971 a couple of AAA units were removed from their formations and sent to guard air bases.

Army and navy assets under pak air defence command 😉

End of story

PA-AD will not be operating their own integrated air defence command in direct competition of Vision, if they were operating under PAF’s purview. This should have become fairly clear after the events of last two weeks.

PN’s integration with PAF is a different topic and on a whole different level.

The PA operates its own Air Defences Command since it doesn’t totally trust the PAF to provide defence when needed. Or more prosaically, their own organic AD can’t be Retasked to other “higher priority” missions.
Even then PA ADCOM operates under the operational control of Pakistan Air Defence Command, whose CDR is the Air Chief (it shouldn’t be, it should be a dedicated officer, but that’s a separate story).

The PA operates its own Air Defences Command since it doesn’t totally trust the PAF to provide defence when needed. Or more prosaically, their own organic AD can’t be Retasked to other “higher priority” missions.
Even then PA ADCOM operates under the operational control of Pakistan Air Defence Command, whose CDR is the Air Chief (it shouldn’t be, it should be a dedicated officer, but that’s a separate story).

May I ask Which arms do you being to ? where have your severed ?

do you work in the defence industry or one of the Oem ?

How do you know such secret of paa donot trust paf ?

😹 😂 😆

May I ask Which arms do you being to ? where have your severed ?

do you work in the defence industry or one of the Oem ?

How do you know such secret of paa donot trust paf ?

😹 😂 😆
What he says makes sense if you think about it. Army air defence needs to be mobile and specific to the mission being conducted. The PAF will be looking at area and asset defence/denial.

Back
Top Bottom